Deadwood

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Deadwood

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Attention Deadwood vets: You’re going to be busy as f@&# next fall.
Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that HBO is eyeing a Fall 2018 production start for the expletive-drenched drama’s long-in-the-works revival movie. A rep for the cabler declined to comment on anything about the project, which has yet to receive a formal green light.

Over the summer at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, HBO’s top programming exec, Casey Bloys, confirmed that the project was picking up steam. “The one thing that I was concerned about was I wanted a script that would stand on its own [for Deadwood fans and non-fans],” he said. “[Series creator] David [Milch] totally delivered on that. I think it’s a terrific script. If we can do it on a budget that makes sense for us, and if we can get the cast together, we’re inclined to do it.”

Paula Malcomson, who played “Trixie the Whore” opposite Ian McShane’s F-bomb spewing Al Swearengen on the beloved series, recently told TVLine that the two-hour continuation is “a big Valentine” to the pair. She also expressed confidence that despite a long and rocky development period, “I really think it will happen [this time]. And I would never say that. I’m usually the most cynical about these things.”

http://tvline.com/2017/11/12/deadwood-2 ... n-mcshane/

This is one of those series I need to go back and watch along with Mad Men and The Wire. This could be a good excuse to sit my arse down and finally watch it.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: Deadwood

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:39 pm

I adored this show and want a conclusion. However:

yet to receive a formal green light

Heard this all before. Which is frustrating, because:

if we can get the cast together

They're literally dying off because it's taking so long.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Re: Deadwood

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:35 am

I've always been really interested in watching Deadwood, as I keep reading that it's absolutely brilliant, plus, it seems to be right up my alley. I have finally decided that I'll get around to it, but now I'll wait until we're close to Red Dead Redemption 2's launch, so that I can get into full Western mood.

As for the making of a Deadwood movie (if it's really going to happen), it certainly seems like great news for the series' fans, as, apparently, the show was criminally cancelled way too soon, they say. Hopefully, in a few months, after I watch the series, I'll be amongst those fans who are excited about the movie.
O Rei do Frango Assado
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Off Topic