my thoughts on god...

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

my thoughts on god...

Postby Forklift#5 » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:58 pm

...basically....i believe in god....but i don't know why everyone spends so much time wondering what god is and what he dose...basically...i think god's something no one can, and ever will comprehend...so just stop trying...god's just on a whole 'nother level of comprehension that no human will ever reach...so just give up...i go to a catholic school and all, but i don't exactly agree with everything the church tells me...I believe in Jesus and all...but seriously....YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND GOD...so just stop....discuss
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Daemos » Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:08 pm

I don't believe in the existence of a higher being or conscience. I do believe, however, in Human Will.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Locke_cole » Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:13 pm

I do not believe in god

and i definately do NOT believe in the Bible because Scientific Fact has contradicted it too many times
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bee King of Zombies » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:39 am

Evil Ryo wrote:I do not believe in god

and i definately do NOT believe in the Bible because Scientific Fact has contradicted it too many times

Name some that arn't stupid little things that could have been translated wrong. Dates don't count because the calanders are wrong and have been changed. I beleave in God and I agree no one will ever be able to comprehend him/her/it/billy corgan. Why not beleave. It seems like a bleek and dull existance without something to beleave in.
Bee King of Zombies
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Location: on the corner of grey street and the end of the world

Postby the_great_chai » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:31 am

I don't believe in God, but i really think that God has nothing to do with todays society. All religion does is get in the way and couse problems, I think our lives would be alot better without religion.
I believe in myself, I've gotten myself to were i am today no help from God or anyone else just me.
the_great_chai
Master of the Three Blades

Postby TEEPO™ » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:05 am

the_great_chai wrote:I don't believe in God, but i really think that God has nothing to do with todays society. All religion does is get in the way and couse problems, I think our lives would be alot better without religion.
I believe in myself, I've gotten myself to were i am today no help from God or anyone else just me.

You could still believe in some form of higher existance, or something beyond death; without following religion.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby choinkees » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:23 am

I believe in God. I believe in heaven.

..heaven seems like a kinda selfish idea though... so if there is no heaven I'd like something similar to lifestream in FF7. Everything on the planet has some kind of life energy.. people, other animals, plants, etc.
When you are born you take some of the collective energy stored in the planet and it is your lifeforce. When you eat you are absorbing the lifeforce of a plant or animal.
When you die you return your lifeforce back to the planet. It gets split up and dispursed to all the new people/animals/plants that are born.

I reckon that's a nice idea. ...still, I'm hopin' for heaven :)
choinkees
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:25 pm

I thought they told you everything to belive in in Cathlic Schools.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Re: my thoughts on god...

Postby VulkanNinja » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:22 pm

Forklift#5 wrote:...basically....i believe in god....but i don't know why everyone spends so much time wondering what god is and what he dose...basically...i think god's something no one can, and ever will comprehend...so just stop trying...god's just on a whole 'nother level of comprehension that no human will ever reach...so just give up...i go to a catholic school and all, but i don't exactly agree with everything the church tells me...I believe in Jesus and all...but seriously....YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND GOD...so just stop....discuss

I can relate to this type of thinking, many of my friends feel the same way. It's just that if I'm going to believe in something, base my life on this something; I'd like to know where this something is coming from. Nobody can even come to close to a viable explaination, but I've read a few strong explainations for why god doesn't exsist. In my mind it seems far more logical to believe what I can see, and what is in front of me rather than believe in what some church with questionable ideas raised me to believe. But hey, whatever works for you
VulkanNinja

Postby choinkees » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:42 pm

I dunno, I reckon it's harder to logically prove that something doesn't exist.
I know what you mean though. It's a tough call being asked to believe in something you can't see or measure.
choinkees
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Forklift#5 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:02 pm

Sonikku wrote:I thought they told you everything to belive in in Cathlic Schools.

the thing is....you don't have to listen.... :lol: ....hell there are these two girls im my class who told the teacher (who's like a religious fanatic) that they didn't believe in god
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby santino » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:38 am

i dont believe in god. but i dont bother myselft with such nonsense. even if there is some higher power guy, he doesnt give a shit about earth. there are 1,000000000000000000000000000000000000000 planets in the universe, why does he care so much about measly little earth. think about that

and the bible is just a book of fairy tales
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby santino » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:40 am

i go to catholic school and they pray before every class. i just sit there and say nothing. they cant force someone to pray.

if gods real, hes nothing like we think he is. cause we follow the bible and all the other religions, but what do those people know that i dont. i can make my own religion and it would be just as acurate as christianity....islam etc
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:05 pm

Bee King of Zombies wrote:
Evil Ryo wrote:I do not believe in god

Name some that arn't stupid little things that could have been translated wrong. Dates don't count because the calanders are wrong and have been changed. I beleave in God and I agree no one will ever be able to comprehend him/her/it/billy corgan. Why not beleave. It seems like a bleek and dull existance without something to beleave in.

Well for now i'll just name one simple thing the prehistoric era the bible states no mention of dinosaurs and states that adam and eve were the first humans?what about the cavemen?

I believe in many things just not god.Mainly because i have no reason to i have seen no prove of his existence nor do i find honoring and paying tribute to something I do not belief exists is not satisfying in any way.If there was a god why do different cultures have different gods who is to say that christ is not real but buda or anyother god is or vice-versa.
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby -DARKSIDE- » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:29 pm

choinkees wrote:I believe in God. I believe in heaven.

..heaven seems like a kinda selfish idea though... so if there is no heaven I'd like something similar to lifestream in FF7. Everything on the planet has some kind of life energy.. people, other animals, plants, etc.
When you are born you take some of the collective energy stored in the planet and it is your lifeforce. When you eat you are absorbing the lifeforce of a plant or animal.
When you die you return your lifeforce back to the planet. It gets split up and dispursed to all the new people/animals/plants that are born.

I reckon that's a nice idea. ...still, I'm hopin' for heaven :)

I always thought that was a nice idea too.
-DARKSIDE-
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Off Topic