Yu Suzuki at the AM2 Summer Festival: 2001 article

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Yu Suzuki at the AM2 Summer Festival: 2001 article

Postby Switch » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:21 am

I've put up a translation of an article on my blog which is about the AM2 Summer Festival, an event held in Tokyo in early September of 2001. The event was attended by Yu Suzuki and helped to promote the soon-to-be-released Shenmue II.

Here are some of the photos:

Yu Suzuki also took the stage:
Regarding Shenmue II, the original chapter 2 through to chapter 6 were incorporated. Suzuki thought that the fans would be dissatisfied without the heroine Shenhua Ling making an appearance: Shenhua's appearance was planned for chapter 6, so it was necessary to include up until that point. And hence a great volume of data had to be packed in. "We managed to get through it by changing the way we stored the data, and by using compression techniques that were superior to those in the first game," he related.

Read the full article here:

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... ticle.html

Switch has received 4 thanks from: johnvivant, Kiyuu, Mr357, ShenGCH
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Re: Yu Suzuki at the AM2 Summer Festival: 2001 article

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Switch wrote: I've put up a translation of an article on my blog which is about the AM2 Summer Festival, an event held in Tokyo in early September of 2001. The event was attended by Yu Suzuki and helped to promote the soon-to-be-released Shenmue II.

That was really a wonderful event; a big Shenmue fan gathering in an intimate atmosphere. Since the festival in Tokyo was held several days before the release of Shenmue II, it practically was the Shenmue II launch celebration. Yu-san, the casts and the fans shared the happiest moment together. I got my Shenmue II guide signed by all the main casts who were so friendly. Though I wasn't able to get an autograph of Yu-san, I shook hands with him. The biggest day in my Shenmue history. 16 years since then? ... time flies!

Kiyuu has received 3 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Mr357, Switch
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:15 pm

interesting. thanks switch.
I'd love to own those huge framed Shenmue portraits.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Switch
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Switch » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Kiyuu wrote:That was really a wonderful event; a big Shenmue fan gathering in an intimate atmosphere. Since the festival in Tokyo was held several days before the release of Shenmue II, it practically was the Shenmue II launch celebration. Yu-san, the casts and the fans shared the happiest moment together. I got my Shenmue II guide signed by all the main casts who were so friendly. Though I wasn't able to get an autograph of Yu-san, I shook hands with him. The biggest day in my Shenmue history. 16 years since then? ... time flies!

Fantastic that you were there, what an experience that must have been. I hope they do something similar for Shenmue III!
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Return to Shenmue