Shenmue HD

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Shenmue HD

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Jibby wrote: I'm all for Shenmue I and II HD, but am I the only one worried that this mass tweeting makes the Shenmue community come off as a little ungrateful from Sony's point of view? People at Sony such as Gio and Adam worked really hard to make Shenmue III a reality, and now that it is, we're demanding more? I can just see them becoming irritated and saying "these Shenmue fans are never happy."

I'm not saying we should give up. I want Shenmue I and II HD, and to be honest, I can't think of any alternative but I think we should wait a while before we fire the tweet engine back up to full speed.

Pretty positive what made III a thing and Sony to support it was our pushing for it on social media. You haven't heard of the list? Sony has a list of most demanded third party properties. Shenmue III was above and beyond anything else on that list. That got us noticed, the listened, and you're telling us to wait on Shenmue 1+2 HD after we managed to get 3 happening?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Jibby » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Himuro wrote:
Jibby wrote: I'm all for Shenmue I and II HD, but am I the only one worried that this mass tweeting makes the Shenmue community come off as a little ungrateful from Sony's point of view? People at Sony such as Gio and Adam worked really hard to make Shenmue III a reality, and now that it is, we're demanding more? I can just see them becoming irritated and saying "these Shenmue fans are never happy."

I'm not saying we should give up. I want Shenmue I and II HD, and to be honest, I can't think of any alternative but I think we should wait a while before we fire the tweet engine back up to full speed.

Pretty positive what made III a thing and Sony to support it was our pushing for it on social media. You haven't heard of the list? Sony has a list of most demanded third party properties. Shenmue III was above and beyond anything else on that list. That got us noticed, the listened, and you're telling us to wait on Shenmue 1+2 HD after we managed to get 3 happening?

I didn't realise that Gio wanted us to tweet him games. I was misinformed. Of course we've made fantastic progress through Twitter and other social medias and I wasn't for a second saying that it was a bad thing. My post could have been worded better, and reading it back, it gives off the wrong message - I just didn't want the people at Sony thinking that we weren't satisfied with what we got when in reality, we're all incredibly satisfied. But as Riku Rose said, Gio ranks games on the list by tweets. After learning that, I have no problem whatsoever pushing for Shenmue I and II on Twitter :)
Sorry for the confusion.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Ah, no apologies needed, friend.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:25 pm

I never joined in with all the tweetathon stuff but if anyone who did could let the all those guys know about this it would be great to build some momentum.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby indo1991 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Done
indo1991
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: gamefreak046
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: shenmue/gtav

Postby Supa » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:41 pm

I also just made a thread concerning Twitter:

Small audience, but how about we keep the pressure on SEGA Europe to do a Let's Play of Shenmue I and Shenmue II on their SEGA Central videos? They asked for suggestions way back when, and have even done a short video of Jet Set Radio. I'm sure if we put the pressure on we could get them to do it: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48025
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:57 pm

You guys are slacking. Gio commented the other day how he was getting so many tweets requesting SOCOM remastered. Are we going to just let SOCOM beat us?

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Supa
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Supa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:32 am

I'll Tweet him every day!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"