Is there anything else like Shenmue?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby Master Kyodai » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:04 pm

Omikron is cool, yes! I bought it and it´s a little bit like Shenmue in the future... Of course it´s not as great as Shenmue, but I would give it 40% on my Shenmue Scale...
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shodan » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:00 am

Ryo From Yokosuka wrote:No offense, but I thought Dead to Rights sucked hardcore

Dead to Rights does suck(IMO). The graphics stink and the gameplay(disarming system ect) was a mess. Max Payne not only came out a whole year before, its also much much better in every department. Though I think neither game is anything like Shenmue.
Shodan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ::RFY:: » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:18 pm

Shodan wrote:
Ryo From Yokosuka wrote:No offense, but I thought Dead to Rights sucked hardcore

Dead to Rights does suck(IMO). The graphics stink and the gameplay(disarming system ect) was a mess. Max Payne not only came out a whole year before, its also much much better in every department. Though I think neither game is anything like Shenmue.

Nothing can be Shenmues except Shenmue itself. It combines a robust storyline, set in east asia, full of things to do, and moves to master. I dont see any other game that can nearly compare to Shenmue. I like it because of its Japanese/Chinese culture and mythology. Need I say again? Nothing will ever be like Shenmue.
::RFY::
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shodan » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:35 pm

Ryo From Yokosuka wrote:
Shodan wrote:

Nothing can be Shenmues except Shenmue itself. It combines a robust storyline, set in east asia, full of things to do, and moves to master. I dont see any other game that can nearly compare to Shenmue. I like it because of its Japanese/Chinese culture and mythology. Need I say again? Nothing will ever be like Shenmue.

Yes I know that, but what I meant was that Dead to Rights and Max Payne were really bad examples as they are nothing like Shenmue, something like Shadow of Destiny or Silent Hill 2 would have been far closer examples.
Shodan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby wuhei the shit demon » Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:23 pm

elder scrolls 3 has some of the RPG and exploring elements of shenmue.
wuhei the shit demon
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Shenmue