ODCM September 1999 Shenmue Preview Movie

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

ODCM September 1999 Shenmue Preview Movie

Postby VulkanNinja » Mon May 26, 2003 10:37 am

I recently found the disk that came with the first issue of the Official Dreamcast Magazine. This disc is not one of their standard demo disks, instead it is a CD-ROM with tons of preview mpg's of dreamcast games. One of which is Shenmue. It is a interesting movie, about 3 min and 6 sec long, 59 megabytes. It contains alot of things i don't remember seeing, but don't hold me to that 'cause I only played through 2x once. The majority of the footage is from shenmue 2, which is odd because this is supposed to be a preview for shen 1. If anyone would like to see it, just point me in a direction to a place where i can upload it to you.
VulkanNinja
Master of the Three Blades

Postby TeleportMan » Mon May 26, 2003 10:46 am

Get in touch with Hellraiser or IwaoHazuki and I'm sure they'll be able to get it up on FilePlanet. ;)
TeleportMan

Postby Zhao » Mon May 26, 2003 12:30 pm

yea do that. i wanna see it
Zhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bambi » Mon May 26, 2003 1:32 pm

TeleportMan wrote:Get in touch with Hellraiser or IwaoHazuki and I'm sure they'll be able to get it up on FilePlanet. ;)

Lets not forget me! :P

Seriously if its any good I'll add it to the site :D ask hell first if we're both online at the same time cause he has a faster connection though.

What file size is the movie?
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mikec_ct » Mon May 26, 2003 1:50 pm

I have a video that came on the AT&T WorldNet disk that was bundled with the Dreamcast from the American DC launch on 9/9/99. It may be the same video, I'm not sure, let me check if I can find the disk.

****EDIT
Ok, I've got it in front of me. It's really cool, it has all the Shenmue II locales, but many different things happening that must have been changed for the final edit. Everything seems to be from Shenmue II except for Iwao's death scene, and Lan Di's face looks different here. The video is 54 MB and is 3:03 long. I zipped it but it didn't help at all. I can upload if you want, or the guy who started this topic can since I assume it's the same.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby IwaoHazuki » Mon May 26, 2003 2:38 pm

If somebody could send me a temporary link in a PM or send it to me through an instant messaging program, I could upload it to File Planet.
IwaoHazuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Segaw

Postby Bambi » Mon May 26, 2003 2:57 pm

54mb it would take a while :?
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby mikec_ct » Mon May 26, 2003 3:04 pm

That's what I'm thinking. Might not be feasible.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ocky27 » Tue May 27, 2003 1:25 am

Yeah, I got that disc with the video too. It is really cool with some of the stuff it shows. Wong bursting into a room and throwing a smoke bomb, Ryo grabbing Ren by the neck and slamming him into a wall, Xiu Ying wearing a different-colored outfit - all kinds of neat stuff.

-Ocky
Ocky27
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: Ock McGee

Postby VulkanNinja » Tue May 27, 2003 3:18 pm

hey sorry to whomever i was talking to on AIM yesterday. While i was talking, i just lost my cable connection, havent had it back till this morning. So we were talking about what was in the video, and well Ocky27 seemed to answer that question. One thing i noticed that he seemed to leave out is that there appears (to me at least) to be a image (about 26 sec in) of a building in kowloon that something quite large may have gone through the center of. Perhaps the others with the video could check in to this. Oh, and if you still want the video do you think i could send it to you in a email attachment? It might be to big, but its worth a shot, pm me or email me.
VulkanNinja

Postby Julio III » Tue May 27, 2003 7:20 pm

54meg is ok for me
um, so yeah, i think somebody with a fast connection with the disc should maybe upload it somewhere, or send to hellraiser or someone to upload to fileplanet
Julio III
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue