Real Locations

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby Bluecast » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:56 am

Yup which oddly enough looks similar to a mountain near my home only it's named Mt Olympus after the one in geek myth/actual mountain in greece.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Calshot » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:52 am

When I hear Lion's Rock I'm reminded of the lion head thing in the Dragon Garden.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Mon1018 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:37 pm

Very nice entry.
That site is amazing for reviews.
Wonderful - I've been looking for it for a long time
Mon1018
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Stocka » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:36 am

So i'm currently spending a few months in Tokyo travelling. I have seen many sights around the city so far and have plans to travel more outside of it, particularly for a visit to the beautiful Kyoto. I would love to also visit Shenmue locations, to go to Dobuita/Yokosuka for the afternoon would be magical. Any advice on how to get there? I'm walking distance from Shinjuku station so a direct train from there would be perfect.
Stocka
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kiyuu » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:15 am

Stocka wrote:So i'm currently spending a few months in Tokyo travelling. I have seen many sights around the city so far and have plans to travel more outside of it, particularly for a visit to the beautiful Kyoto. I would love to also visit Shenmue locations, to go to Dobuita/Yokosuka for the afternoon would be magical. Any advice on how to get there? I'm walking distance from Shinjuku station so a direct train from there would be perfect.

Take Yamanote line to Shinagawa station, then change trains to Keikyu line.

http://www.keikyu.co.jp/worldwide/en/yokohama/

The closest station to Dobuita is Shioiri station, one stop before Yokosuka-chuo.

http://www.keikyu.co.jp/worldwide/pdf/rosen_1.pdf

Enjoy the real locations of Shenmue! :)

PS: You're not the first person to do that. Check this topic out if you like!

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/foru ... hp?t=32770
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Stocka » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:46 am

Kiyuu wrote:
Stocka wrote:So i'm currently spending a few months in Tokyo travelling. I have seen many sights around the city so far and have plans to travel more outside of it, particularly for a visit to the beautiful Kyoto. I would love to also visit Shenmue locations, to go to Dobuita/Yokosuka for the afternoon would be magical. Any advice on how to get there? I'm walking distance from Shinjuku station so a direct train from there would be perfect.

Take Yamanote line to Shinagawa station, then change trains to Keikyu line.

http://www.keikyu.co.jp/worldwide/en/yokohama/

The closest station to Dobuita is Shioiri station, one stop before Yokosuka-chuo.

http://www.keikyu.co.jp/worldwide/pdf/rosen_1.pdf

Enjoy the real locations of Shenmue! :)

PS: You're not the first person to do that. Check this topic out if you like!

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/foru ... hp?t=32770

Excellent, thanks very much Kiyuu :D
Am I accurate in imagining it to be under 1000 yen to get there from Shinjuku? And how long am I looking at...2 hours-ish?
Looking at the photos posted by threeblades has got me excited. It'd be awesome to purchase a jacket from there just for novelty.
Stocka

Postby Kiyuu » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:25 am

Stocka wrote:Excellent, thanks very much Kiyuu :D
Am I accurate in imagining it to be under 1000 yen to get there from Shinjuku? And how long am I looking at...2 hours-ish?
Looking at the photos posted by threeblades has got me excited. It'd be awesome to purchase a jacket from there just for novelty.

My pleasure!

Shinjuku - Shinagawa (18 mins): 190 yen on JR
Shinagawa - Shioiri (about 50 mins): 620 yen on Keikyu

If you catch a Limited Express train at Keikyu Shinagawa, change trains at Kanazawa-bunko.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby threeblades » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:33 am

Hey dude, you should post some pics too to show if the place has changed! I wanna go again too. It truely is a magical place for a Shenmue fan. And I have yet to visit the harbor and Sakuragaoka (the real Sakuragaoka is a bit further than in the game so I didn't even know it really existed because the place right above Dobuita is actually called Midorigaoka).
threeblades
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Stocka » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:33 pm

Yeah I will definitely post pictures. 68 minutes? That's not far at all, maybe i'll get the opportunity to go this week. I think i'll probably just see Dobuita, unless Sakuragaoka or the harbor are particularly close or easy to get to...
Stocka

Postby Joey Bassist Dude » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:34 am

kowloon looks so scarey, do people still live there? i thought it was a ghost town now..

they had thier own laws and such there right? well, no police?
Joey Bassist Dude
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:27 pm

Joey Bassist Dude wrote:kowloon looks so scarey, do people still live there? i thought it was a ghost town now..

they had thier own laws and such there right? well, no police?

Kowloon Walled City was demolished in 1993. They've made the site a park as you see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby szymon247 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:50 pm

sorry for a bit of an ot but does anybody have a high resolution pics of Guilin? I think I searched the shit out of google but still haven't found one. The reason I'm asking is because I want to put one as a wallpaper (1680x1050 res). It'd be greatly appreciated.
szymon247

Postby Stocka » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:26 am

Returned from Dobuita this evening! It was surreal to be there, so glad that I went :D I found it suprising how the majority of the locals were American and the place is full of American bars. It must be because Yokosuka is an American Military base. Anyway, I didn't get there till late in the evening so unfortunately didn't have enough time to try and see the harbour or the neighbourhood where ryo's house was.

Stocka

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:44 am

Great photos.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby wude » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:52 pm

:o , nice , thanks a lot :D
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶