Real Locations

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby LawXiu » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:13 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
GrahamLaw wrote:Open up google earth's flight sim and fly over Hong Kong at 500 ft. Let go of the controls and where ever you crash, go there for holiday.

Going to Wan Chai!

Did it look like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyU9OLqQ8XA
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby wude » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:17 pm

^wow!
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Skyly » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:00 pm

R3N wrote:I saw saw your pics they where amazing.
But can you please post some info?
I really want to go to china to visit the same places Ryo was at.
But I have no Idea.
I already went to Japan Yokoska but it was easy because it was only 1 town that I needed to visit.
But China is a lot bigger and Ryo visits so many places which are Huge as China is so Huge.
So my question is how did you manage to Visit all of Shenmue places?
Did you had a Great Tour guide?
Or you did lots of research?
Or do you know Chinese?

Also how much did the trip cost you?
How long you stayed in China to visit all those places?

Thanks a lot!

I'm currently working on the info section of the blog where i will give some detailed information about my trip, the locations and more (takes a while because i'm back in my daily job right now :/).

In a nutshell: It's pretty easy to visit all Shenmue Locations within one or two weeks (better two than one). Maybe you should start in Hong Kong to visit Wan Chai and Aberdeen (both districts of Hong Kong Island) and Kowloon, which is located north of HK Island) You can go there by a public ferry from Hong Kong Island, which costs 2.5 HK Dollar (approx. 0,30 US-Dollar) in just a couple of minutes. From Hong Kong you can take the train to get to Guilin (~ 12 hours ride, do it overnight =]). From there it's also very easy to visit the Shenmue Locations, except Bailu Village, i suppose. I missed that one because I didn't do a lot of research. The Li River is one of the famoust tourist attractions in Guilin, a boat ticket costs around 200 to 600 Yuan (60 Dollars), including a bus ride to the pier.

I didn't have a tour guide nor do i know any chinese =] I went to China with my roommate and she speaks a little bit of chinese. If you go alone without any knowledge of the chinese language it might be tough, but possible! Chinese people are very helpful!

I spent 4 days in Guilin and 3 days in Hong Kong (3 days in Beijing and 2 days in Shanghai before), so it was a bit of a rush through for me but still a lot of fun and a great experience! The whole Trip costet around 1.500 Euro (2000 Us-Dollars i think), including flights, hotel rooms, travelling within china by train, bus and airplane, food, some visits to Hooters and so on =] Actually a very good price!
Last edited by Skyly on Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyly
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Skyly wrote:I'm currently working on the info section of the blog where i will give some detailed information about my trip, the locations and more (takes a while because i'm back in my daily job right now :/).

I'd really appreciate this since I'm travelling to HK next year.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Skyly wrote:
But I have no Idea.
I already went to Japan Yokoska but it was easy because it was only 1 town that I needed to visit.
But China is a lot bigger and Ryo visits so many places which are Huge as China is so Huge.
Or do you know Chinese?

Thanks a lot!

I'm currently working on the info section of the blog where i will give some detailed information about my trip, the locations and more (takes a while because i'm back in my daily job right now :/).

In a nutshell: It's pretty easy to visit all Shenmue Locations within one or two weeks (better two than one). Maybe you should start in Hong Kong to visit Wan Chai and Aberdeen (both districts of Hong Kong Island) and Kowloon, which is an island itself. You can go there by a public ferry from Hong Kong Island, which costs 2.5 HK Dollar (approx. 0,30 US-Dollar) in just a couple of minutes. From Hong Kong you can take the train to get to Guilin (~ 12 hours ride, do it overnight =]). From there it's also very easy to visit the Shenmue Locations, except Bailu Village, i suppose. I missed that one because I didn't do a lot of research. The Li River is one of the famoust tourist attractions in Guilin, a boat ticket costs around 200 to 600 Yuan (60 Dollars), including a bus ride to the pier.

I didn't have a tour guide nor do i know any chinese =] I went to China with my roommate and she speaks a little bit of chinese. If you go alone without any knowledge of the chinese language it might be tough, but possible! Chinese people are very helpful!

I spent 4 days in Guilin and 3 days in Hong Kong (3 days in Beijing and 2 days in Shanghai before), so it was a bit of a rush through for me but still a lot of fun and a great experience! The whole Trip costet around 1.500 Euro (2000 Us-Dollars i think), including flights, hotel rooms, travelling within china by train, bus and airplane, food, some visits to Hooters and so on =] Actually a very good price!

Kowloon's not an island. It almost touches the new territories.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Skyly » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:23 pm

GrahamLaw wrote:Kowloon's not an island. It almost touches the new territories.

You're absolutely right, sorry for the mistake. The HK International airport is located on another island. *info fixed
Skyly
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby LawXiu » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Skyly wrote:
GrahamLaw wrote:Kowloon's not an island. It almost touches the new territories.

You're absolutely right, sorry for the mistake. The HK International airport is located on another island. *info fixed

Ah, I see the mistake now.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby wude » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:41 pm

nice blog skyly :o

sorry if this image is already posted .
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Yamanose?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby wude » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:54 pm

sakuragaoka, near the constraction site.

http://shenmue.neoseeker.com/wiki/Sakuragaoka
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:55 pm

I couldn't spell Sakuragaoka..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby wude » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:58 pm

i see :) .
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:Yamanose?

Yamanose doesn't exist.
Yokosuka and the Harbour and Dobuita do however.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Ryudo™ wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:Yamanose?

Yamanose doesn't exist.
Yokosuka and the Harbour and Dobuita do however.

I know, you mentioned it before. When I mentioned it, I was thinking more of the games location, not real-life :)
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby R3N » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:03 am

Skyly wrote:
But I have no Idea.
Or do you know Chinese?

Thanks a lot!

In a nutshell: It's pretty easy to visit all Shenmue Locations within one or two weeks (better two than one). Maybe you should start in Hong Kong to visit Wan Chai and Aberdeen (both districts of Hong Kong Island) and Kowloon, which is located north of HK Island) You can go there by a public ferry from Hong Kong Island, which costs 2.5 HK Dollar (approx. 0,30 US-Dollar) in just a couple of minutes. From Hong Kong you can take the train to get to Guilin (~ 12 hours ride, do it overnight =]). From there it's also very easy to visit the Shenmue Locations, except Bailu Village, i suppose. I missed that one because I didn't do a lot of research. The Li River is one of the famoust tourist attractions in Guilin, a boat ticket costs around 200 to 600 Yuan (60 Dollars), including a bus ride to the pier.

:D Thanks alot!
Also in that info section you can add Great hotels to stay at that will be really Helpful!
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue