Whats shenmue.... OMG!

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Whats shenmue.... OMG!

Postby LanDC » Thu May 29, 2003 6:53 am

I got a copy of it finally. holy jesus, this is like being in a dream.. a SEGA DREAM! lol. its so neat in so many ways. the in game motion is alittle different, and seems kinda unfinished. but neat, the crouching is priceless. i dont see a reason to leave it in, but to take it out either! people walking around everywhere, seeing things like charlie ride by on a motorcycle, mark walking by, and tom rapping around the street is really something. naoyuki has a strange face, itoi-san at mary's patches and embroidery is replaced with one of the harbor workers. hisaka san is in the hokohoko lunches, tom wears a different shirt. shinkichi san at the seafood shop looks TOTALLY different. kid's running down the street. different motions for characters. COCA COLA!. and hearing mark's little render speech in a different voice talking english is hilarious. i'd just like to know what they are saying... but anyway, ryo's model looks the same, but kinda better in ways. the little red and white stripes on his arms are more detailed than the final shenmue 1 version. the cool thing is. the motion and models can EASILY be switched with shenmue 1 stuff. it could leads to loads of awsome things. i'd like to go through shenmue 1 with the motion of whats shenmue, just to switch things up alittle. it's truely a blast. something no true shenmue fan (like me) should go without.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby rens of heavens » Thu May 29, 2003 7:29 am

Wicked :D

rens of heavens
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby LanDC » Thu May 29, 2003 7:49 am

Oh yeah! i almost forgot. on the wall of the theater and on those pics posted around town of that girl holding a baby, there are phone numbers. amihama ones too. i wonder what will happen if you call these in s1!! i need to try.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Miles Prower » Thu May 29, 2003 8:37 am

Cool, thanks LanDC I was waiting for someone to make a nice list of all the differences ^_^ Sounds cool, I can't wait to burn it(just need to get some damn CD's!)
What are the phone numbers? As you said it might be worth trying to ring them in Shenmue 1 final. Is it possible to use a phone in What's Shenmue or not?
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby IwaoHazuki » Thu May 29, 2003 9:00 am

Miles Prower wrote:Cool, thanks LanDC I was waiting for someone to make a nice list of all the differences ^_^ Sounds cool, I can't wait to burn it(just need to get some damn CD's!)
What are the phone numbers? As you said it might be worth trying to ring them in Shenmue 1 final. Is it possible to use a phone in What's Shenmue or not?

No, you can't use a phone. :(
IwaoHazuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Segaw

Postby Tomo » Thu May 29, 2003 2:59 pm

LanDC wrote:Oh yeah! i almost forgot. on the wall of the theater and on those pics posted around town of that girl holding a baby, there are phone numbers. amihama ones too. i wonder what will happen if you call these in s1!! i need to try.

what are the numbers?
Tomo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

number

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu May 29, 2003 3:58 pm

Don´t waste your time with the number. I wrote it down and tried in my Shenmue 1 pal, but it was just the usual "The number you dialed is no longer in service"...
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenmueAddict » Thu May 29, 2003 6:47 pm

dam. by the way lanDC did u get it off ebay?
ShenmueAddict
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: Patrickingham2
Currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Postby mikec_ct » Thu May 29, 2003 7:41 pm

I love What's Shenmue as well. And as great as it is, how much more would we have loved it if we played it when it originally was released, prior to playing Shenmue??!! :D
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Whats shenmue.... OMG!

Postby nuts_to_that » Thu May 29, 2003 11:49 pm

LanDC wrote:mark's little render speech in a different voice talking english is hilarious.

In the Japanese Passport disc he has that same English voice as well. Except in the game, he speaks Japanese.
nuts_to_that
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LanDC » Fri May 30, 2003 7:41 am

Yeah the phone numbers dont do anything. and i downloaded it. another difference i realised was when you are drinking a coke, you can view around ryo. i dont see why that would be removed.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Zhao » Fri May 30, 2003 8:10 am

in that shenmue vhs demo, all the characters look so young. Ryo, Don Niu, Yuan, Terry and Ren. Its like they aged through the game for real. Terry looks so gay, he doesnt even look mean.
Zhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr.Hazuki » Fri May 30, 2003 6:16 pm

on the "Whats shenmue?"Cd is just me or did i see Mr.Yukawa in some of the screenshots?if it isnt him there are two toys of him in the "Abe store" in yamanose on Shenmue 1
btw i got both of them after about 20 chocolate bars 4 the raffle. :D
Mr.Hazuki
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ::RFY:: » Fri May 30, 2003 6:26 pm

Mr.Hazuki wrote:on the "Whats shenmue?"Cd is just me or did i see Mr.Yukawa in some of the screenshots?if it isnt him there are two toys of him in the "Abe store" in yamanose on Shenmue 1
btw i got both of them after about 20 chocolate bars 4 the raffle. :D

Yeah, its him. In whats shenmue? that is your objective. Find him, and he is in a room with unsold dreamcasts having a panic attack....."Shenmue....yes!". At least that is what I remember from like 4 years ago..
::RFY::
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby leehimself » Fri May 30, 2003 7:01 pm

I downloaded this, haven't had a chance to burn to disk, i jsut done some room fiddeling so i need to set my shit back up....
leehimself
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Next

Return to Shenmue