Shenmue Legend Teaser - Merry Christmas!

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Legend Teaser - Merry Christmas!

Postby cgbspender » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:11 pm

Click the link to see a little 3D exe of Ryo's Room, all of it was quickly knocked up today for the sake of sending a 3D Greetings to Shenmue Fans, so some objects native to Ryo's Room are missing, theres no interactivity and it's currently FP.

www.silentasylum.com/christmas/Loading.exe

Merry Christmas!

cgbspender
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Rukawa » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:24 pm

Nice work man, thanks.
Rukawa
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Shenmue Legend Teaser - Merry Christmas!

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:09 pm

cgbspender wrote:Click the link to see a little 3D exe of Ryo's Room, all of it was quickly knocked up today for the sake of sending a 3D Greetings to Shenmue Fans, so some objects native to Ryo's Room are missing, theres no interactivity and it's currently FP.

www.silentasylum.com/christmas/Loading.exe

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for the amazing Christmas present! Impressive work! Is that sheet
on the desk the map of the harbor? Can we see the mirrors more closely?

It'd have been nicer if we could close the window more easily, though.

Anyway, merry Christmas and welcome to the Dojo! :)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby cgbspender » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:21 am

Many thanks for the comments! I was going to release the Dobuita walkthrough, but I hadn't baked the lightmaps into the meshes and considering theres about 200 blocks of 2048x Dobuita lightmaps along with a few million polygons to decimate i'd never have managed to get it released last night (I never even managed to get normal maps in!)

The sheet on the table is the Harbour Map texture which can be found in the Cafeteria I think. I've already got a 'Pick Up / Observe' command built into the engine along with the traditional Shenmue interface, but for the sake of time & keeping everything below 40mb I stripped the interface and interactivity.

I was thinking of releasing Dobuita for New Years which will have the full original Shenmue Interface with third person Ryo, a few enterable shops and some quests, on the whole the project will be a Chapter based after Shenmue 2. The project has had strong part-time development for the past 7 months and about a years' on and off before, all of the original Shenmue Environments are finished now aside from the Hazuki Residence/Dojo and some minor areas of the Harbour- i've managed to get about 20% of Aberdeen finished and hopefully will start on Kowloon in February!

I'll release the Dobuita/Sakuragaoka/Yamanose/Harbour screenshots soon along with Aberdeen development and some of the new locations included to the Shenmue Environs such as the cinema which was under construction in Shenmue I.

Anyway, hope you are all having a nice Christmas- i'm busy playing Dead Rising :)
cgbspender
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Hazuki Legend » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:31 pm

Excellent stuff, thanks man.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby The C. » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:15 pm

I just downloaded it, and had no idea what it is.
This is the best thing i've ever seen close to the real game.

Well done man.
The C.
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Siion » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:15 pm

cgbspender

Hey do you have MSn or something, would like to discuss what you mean by: "I was going to release the Dobuita walkthrough" - Was just wondering what kind this is, I've done a 3D replica of multiple Shenmue I and II zones to show how they'd like in High CG. I've been working on these for donkeys, but no point releasing same as you. Maybe we could work together. Help speed things up. I can low poly these easily. I have 2 seperate DATAs.

We could in theory remake the entire game if i give you what I have and class it "fan material" XD Maybe make our own shenmue 3 from research haha. Anyway get back to me.

Love your stuff.
Siion
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:17 pm

Woah! Pretty neat stuff there, man. Keep it up! :).
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ys » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Thanks for that!

Siion wrote:cgbspender
We could in theory remake the entire game if i give you what I have and class it "fan material" XD Maybe make our own shenmue 3 from research haha. Anyway get back to me.

Love your stuff.

Haha, I wonder how Sega would react if people made something that looks more than average and is some unofficial sequel. I'm quite certain that it would get their attention at least. And probably the media too. Even if it was just for example some smaller thing like walking around in Bailu village and maybe do a few things.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Siion » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:34 pm

lol Yeah, Just got to keep dodging them copyright laws and it'd be fine. Been talking to cgbspender, got a lot of ideas down.

I personally would be interested in what the community come up with. We can't copy the story to exact or even give the impression of a finish result that relates back to the original script not released since we don't know what it is, could pull some copyright stuff up. So it'd be interesting if one day all people could put together a topic of what they think should happen after Shenmue2.

For now tho, cgbspender want's to make it interactive and have quests.
Siion

Postby Hazuki San » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:10 am

What a fantastic work!

Can't wait to see more of your creations/reprodutions of the Shenmue's locations!

And that project about a chapter after Shenmue's 2 end is very interesting... If you need someone to write the screenplay count on me! It would be a great pleasure to contribute somehow in your effort to bring back to life the best game of all time!
Hazuki San
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby HappyKillmore » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:14 am

Jesus Dude your the master, i love it. Can't wait to see your dobuita
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001