Shenmue Zero 2010 - Download link

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Zero 2010 - Download link

Postby Erin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:02 pm

http://www.segaroleplaying.com/fga/shenzero.php

I know I made this nearly six years ago, but I decided to go back into the game recently and fix some models and replace a few textures, even sort out the credits. There's a Game Guide that tells you how to beat the game step by step, including, I believe, how to access the secret cut-scene (how Ryo got his bandage). Sadly, the original code has been long lost, so that was unavailable. This is really just a cosmetic fix. Enjoy. If the splash page on Shenmue Dojo under Misc. could be updated to include the newest version, that would be fantastic.

ImageImage

The third image has 16xAA on, whereas the others don't. I recommend some AA to get rid of some of the flat-surfaced clipping present. Pretty much any PC/laptop should be able to run this.

-Emerald

PS- No I have not finish Chapter 2. Not sure if I will at this point, but it's always open in the future. I've mostly moved on to other things in life over the years.
Erin
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Duchess May
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: SW Battlefront (X1)

Re: Shenmue Zero 2010 - Download link

Postby Bluecast » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Did you fix the gameplay so it doesn't suck and rake leaves half the time?

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Snoopbob2006
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Erin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:28 pm

No, but you only rake leaves once, to be honest. Read the game guide, there's actually a QTE in there and a bit of story and a resolution.

Here is the guide from the download:
Code: Select all
--Controls--
Movement:
 Arrow Keys (<, ^, >); Note: You cannot move backwards

Speaking to an NPC:
 At the Dojo- Press Enter once to initiate a conversation with either Iwao or Fuku-san.
 You Arcade area- Hold Enter to speak with the NPC... you have to follow him, though, he's
                  always in a hurry! Press the apostrophe key ['] to advance the conversation.
                  (Tip: After he offers you advice about swords, don't hit [']. Instead,
                  return to the dojo for a cutscene about how Ryo got the bandage on his face.
                  This is a secret cutscene that can only be activated then.)

--The Complete Guide to Shenmue Zero--
1. After viewing the initial cutscene, proceed forward and speak to the NPC at the tree
   (Fuku-san). After the conversation, head into the dojo up the stairs and speak to Iwao,
   Ryo's father. Next to him will appear a rake. Stand next to it and push [t] on keyboard.
   Head down the stairs on top of the strange looking graphical sphere of transparent
   "leaves." Hold [Spacebar] until the leaves "melt" into the ground (for lack of a better
   way to describe the oddity of how I made them disappear). You're finished when the
   Yen changes from 0000 to 1000. (Don't ask where you can spend it... that feature never
   made it in to the end.) You can drop or pick up the rake in this segment at any time with
   [d] or [t]. You're done with this section; proceed down the long of the wooden fence
   to the grassy hill at the end of the house.

2. You have now entered the You Arcade section of Yokosuka, only one of two areas in the
   game (now you've seen both). Speak to the roaming NPC here in the salamander-color shirt.
   After he has nothing else to say, behold cars on the road at the end that can't decide
   which direction they want to face at any one point and Fuku-san doing absolutely nothing!
   Head back up to the dojo for the next cutscene.

3. After Ryo and Nozomi speak, just head back into town.

4. Speak to the roaming NPC once again. (See the tip above in Controls for secret cutscene.)
   (If you decided to see the secret cutscene, head back into town and continue speaking to
   the NPC, finishing the conversation.) If you did not decide to see the secret cutscene,
   just finish the conversation with the roaming NPC. In either case, head right back up to
   the dojo.

5a. Now we're in Ryo's bedroom. This is a cutscene I was, and still am, quite proud of. Other
    than Fuku-san's kick to open the door. (Note: I was too bothered to animate more... it was
    a big pain animating on my old PC.) After the scene ends, you will be outside the dojo.
    A man in glasses has come seeking Iwao (!).
 b. QTE (Quick-Time Event): You will need two keys on the keyboard to perform this QTE, [s]
    and [d]. When the key on the screen appears, press that key (don't blink!). Once the
    QTE is finished, the man will be on the floor. If you fail, just Continue from the
    menu and try as many times as it takes you (it's not particularly difficult, though).

6. Head back down into town for the final cutscene of the game. Congratulations! You've
   finished Shenmue Zero. You can visit Ryo's room at any time by clicking the left button
   on the mouse at the main menu or wander the game by continuing. Likewise, you can also
   just start a new game (will overwrite your previous adventure).
Erin

Postby R3N » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:15 am

For win 7 & vista users you have to put d3drm.dll(comes inside the shenmue zero folder) in sysWOW64(win 7) or system32 folder inside windows folder.
or else the game will not run
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Erin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Oh right, thanks! I have updated the game guide to include those directions.
Erin

Postby Panda_rapist » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:16 am

hey erin whats your avatar pic from?
Panda_rapist

Postby Axm » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Hey Erin! Thanks for the update. Its much appriciated. I remember playing this back in '04. Good times. Im sure it was a cool little thing to make eh?
Do you still have a desire to make games?

Edit: The link is telling me the download is unavailable now.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Panda_rapist » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Erin wrote:PS- No I have not finish Chapter 2. Not sure if I will at this point, but it's always open in the future. I've mostly moved on to other things in life over the years.

if its a moddeling problem why dont you drop by the modding section maybe we could sort you out, who knows ;-)
Panda_rapist

Postby Erin » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:08 am

Should work! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OF8HED4S <This is the file

As for modding, no, it was being made from scratch. I always do that. Maybe I'll pull a move Suzuki hasn't yet and finish it sometime. Remember when I got a hold of Corey Marshall's mother, but he was too busy with projects to voice it for us. Think that's really when I started not working on it.
Erin

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Anyway, nice job, Erin.
So many Shenmue fan made projects announced and so few that really ended up being made, you even go back and revamp yours a bit. That alone earns apreciation.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:02 pm

TheGboyKing wrote:hey erin whats your avatar pic from?
Panda_rapist

Postby Erin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:38 am

Some PS2 RPG? Could be from one of the Shining Force games from PS2. It's been so long I don't really remember.
Erin

Postby Panda_rapist » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:52 pm

^damn it looks so familiar its doing my head in :lol:
Panda_rapist

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:15 am

Hello? is anyone still alive?
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Stocke » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:53 pm

I know it's frowned upon to bump a dead topic but damn... i remember downloading this and giving it a try years ago...
amazing what you can create with a little motivation.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue