Random Shenmue Thoughts

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Postby Giorgio » Tue May 07, 2013 6:17 pm

This thread is devoted to and is for you to post your brief Shenmue thoughts, thus a valuable collection in any way.

Thoughts coming while playing Shenmue games / doing Shenmue related things, or from just remembering things from it (exempli gratia, something that just flashed in your mind), or from hearing around things for it, and everything that swirls in your mind about Shenmue; all of them (and even more) acting as a cause.

Now then... What's your Shenmue thoughts?

Note: It's not limited to Shenmue 1, as this thread is a member of the "General Series Discussion" forum.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Postby shenhaZ » Thu May 09, 2013 2:58 pm

I just have re-watched a terrible cg from shenmue online and I think is what all these fantasy stuff is not that I want from Shenmue III. I hope it will be more stick to reality with deep phylosophy of the east.
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Postby _StreetSonic_ » Thu May 09, 2013 11:55 pm

Ever since I read here about the Yakuza in the first game I've been thinking that if Shenmue is ever remade that at least the first game should have a bunch of side stories that don't relate to the main story. It would be optional to do them.
_StreetSonic_
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby chienmoo » Fri May 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Random Shenmue thought of the day.

Ordered Shenmue 1 (Japanese version) from Play-Asia back in early April . Today they emailed me that it isn't in stock! I tried to order it from amazon japan but they don't ship to Canada! Ahhh well at least I can look forward for sm1th's UNDUB to be finished.
chienmoo
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 10, 2013 4:34 pm

shenhaZ wrote: I just have re-watched a terrible cg from shenmue online and I think is what all these fantasy stuff is not that I want from Shenmue III. I hope it will be more stick to reality with deep phylosophy of the east.

These comments always make me laugh. Shenmue had magic/fantasy stuff in it from early on in Shenmue 1.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Giorgio » Sat May 11, 2013 8:49 am

That is something new: I did not know that by pressing X you can get info about a particular move in the Martial Arts Moves scroll (in Shenmue I), until now.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Mon May 20, 2013 11:03 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:
shenhaZ wrote: I just have re-watched a terrible cg from shenmue online and I think is what all these fantasy stuff is not that I want from Shenmue III. I hope it will be more stick to reality with deep phylosophy of the east.

These comments always make me laugh. Shenmue had magic/fantasy stuff in it from early on in Shenmue 1.

?????????

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giorgio » Fri May 24, 2013 3:47 pm

I did not know that the voice for Fangmei is the same as the one for Pikachu. Now that explains! Fangmei, I choose you!

Fri May 26, 2013:
At radiosega.net they asked if the listeners has got questions to ask the host, and to send them to SonicWreck, because it is a random session of Q&AAUK coming up soon. I sent this question: "Why do rivers flow?" The host answered on air with a pretty scientific answer, covering all aspects of geography, gravitation et cetera. When he ended, I sent him (at Twitter again) this: "Even the mightiest of Rivers started with a drop of water. The River flows towards the ocean, its mother." #Shenmue

P.S.: <<He then answered with: "Not unless it flows into a lake." #Geologist>> Heh...
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Giorgio » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:49 pm

A hell of demanding and all sorts of Shenmue comments are going on Sega's Facebook page about E3! If you feel like it, join the Shenmue hubbub!
If you haven't already, you might like to add your reply to the reams of comments about Shenmue on Sega's Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 0881956796
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Supa » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:05 am

Perfect_Chaos wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:

?????????

Watch the Project Berkely video. Also, the ending for Shenmue II. That stuff was coming, and maybe not to the extent of fighting with it in free battles, but it was coming in some form.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby we420 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Playing once again through SII I wonder why (Since Ryo wants to fight him so bad) Ryo didn't just hold up the Pheonix Mirror to Lan Di on the Yellow Head Building rooftop and say "I got the other mirror now come fight me b****." Just a thought.

we420 has received 2 thanks from: Deschain, Mr357
we420
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: silva340
XBL: we420
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Yakuza 6/God of War

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Shenmue got me big time again and I just finished playing the first game and watching the movie afterwards and I noticed more then ever before that the voices on the DVD are of really good quality. No reverb, no clipping and gerneally very clear.
Also there are a handfull of scenes where Ryo says a few words or a sentence slightly differently. This raised a couple of questions for me.

Does Sega still have the uncompressed audio of the entire dub?
Why did they chose to make the voices so overly loud and reverby in the game?
Was some footage rerecorded or did they use otherwise unused material from the game for the few different lines?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:20 pm

SpinDash wrote:
Does Sega still have the uncompressed audio of the entire dub?

I think they do. Sega provided Sumo Digital voice files for Ryo in Sega All Star Racing.

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:45 am

Thanks for the video! Yeah I know these. They are all from Shenmue II right? But they do sound better then in the game so they seem to at least have that stuff stored somewhere.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Yu Suzuki showing 3 fingers while smiling. Shenmue 3 confirmed.

In the following picture, Yu Suzuki is showing off the next gen revolutionary fighting system he will incorporate on Shenmue 3, and some of Ryo's new unique moves... That's a Hazuki Style Jujitsu stance...

And, Yu Suzuki-san with Mark Cerny's cosplay ...
http://i.imgur.com/aVurYo0.jpg

Giorgio has received a thanks from: wude
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue