Can you take the bus back to Dobuita before the Tom scene?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Can you take the bus back to Dobuita before the Tom scene?

Postby firstbronx » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:43 am

I didn't try to take the bus on my first playthrough but is it even possible? There wasn't enough closure at the end with those characters! Wondering if I missed an emotional farewell scene or something. Fuk-san is a legend. :sad:
firstbronx
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Can you take the bus back to Dobuita before the Tom scen

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:59 am

You sure can. In fact, you can potentially hear some really interesting conversations based on who you talk to in the short window of time you have. I suggest making an extra save file before the Tom scene so that you can go back a few times.

I don't think there are any cut scenes that take place, but I seem to recall running all the way home to talk to Fuku-san and Ine-san yields some interesting dialogue, as well as with Nozomi - I think she asks Ryo if they can take another ride on the motorcycle.

And if you go to Lapis and have your fortune read, you'll see a certain someone that Ryo hasn't met yet appear in the crystal ball.

There are probably whole threads devoted to these couple of hours of game time that you have left to explore.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Chaikilla » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:16 am

You certainly can. I'd recommend doing this on New year's day, if possible. I say this because on New year's day in the game your friends Eri, Noriko, Ichiro and Naoyuki are all in one place (lurking outside the shrine in Yamanose). Eri has something interesting to say but I won't spoil it.
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Supa » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:27 am

Time go check this out!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:44 am

Chaikilla wrote: You certainly can. I'd recommend doing this on New year's day, if possible. I say this because on New year's day in the game your friends Eri, Noriko, Ichiro and Naoyuki are all in one place (lurking outside the shrine in Yamanose). Eri has something interesting to say but I won't spoil it.

Oh, please do! The only person I've ever spoken to during the time frame is Nozomi; it didn't even occur to me to speak to anyone else.

Silly me #-o!
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Chaikilla » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:45 pm

ShenGCH wrote:
Chaikilla wrote: You certainly can. I'd recommend doing this on New year's day, if possible. I say this because on New year's day in the game your friends Eri, Noriko, Ichiro and Naoyuki are all in one place (lurking outside the shrine in Yamanose). Eri has something interesting to say but I won't spoil it.

Oh, please do! The only person I've ever spoken to during the time frame is Nozomi; it didn't even occur to me to speak to anyone else.

Silly me #-o!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUaLc2OQ06U&t=5m35s :mrgreen:

Eri was a total ice queen for 99% of the game. It was pretty cool to see her treat Ryo like a human for once.

Chaikilla has received 2 thanks from: Fenix, shengoro86
Chaikilla

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Nice! Ill have to check this out.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge