Anyone like the forklifts?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby Silas » Fri May 09, 2003 9:34 am

ChaiOgawa wrote:Racing them was fun btu working got old on about the third day.
See how you've all been fooled? It's a game, so even the work parts are a game. That's how I think of it - it isn't boring because I've got my eye on the bonus or even on moving all 20 boxes before the shift ends or there's a cutscene which take up my earning time.

Talk of the cutscenes I once managed to do that thing from Shenmue: The Movie where the roughs came into Warehouse 18 to beat me up - well I pulled the trigger and pressed A to do the cyclone, and knocked out three guys at once! Best move I ever did! :lol:

Shifting crates in Shenmue II is boring, because they made the game elements crap. There isn't enough variation between sessions, so you can practically predict what Delin is going to say. You will always shift exactly 6 crates no matter what happens, because if you drop a crate, Delin doesn't say anything at the end, but if you don't he goes into a little speech, thus balancing out the time. I really believe they didn't think that one through.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Anthers » Fri May 09, 2003 4:00 pm

I like the forklift. It can instill patience.
Anthers
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Dragonslayer88 » Sat May 10, 2003 8:51 am

The forklifts were fantastic. I loved the music behind it!
Dragonslayer88
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenmueplaya » Sat May 10, 2003 9:12 am

The forklifts were fun and added for a challenge. Not just getting the boxes in but making up your own challenges. Like delivering this many boxes in a half in hour or what not. Overall, I enjoyed the whole forklift experience.
Shenmueplaya
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Fox » Sat May 10, 2003 10:50 am

Silas wrote:See how you've all been fooled? It's a game, so even the work parts are a game. That's how I think of it - it isn't boring because I've got my eye on the bonus or even on moving all 20 boxes before the shift ends or there's a cutscene which take up my earning time.

Talk of the cutscenes I once managed to do that thing from Shenmue: The Movie where the roughs came into Warehouse 18 to beat me up - well I pulled the trigger and pressed A to do the cyclone, and knocked out three guys at once! Best move I ever did! :lol:

Shifting crates in Shenmue II is boring, because they made the game elements crap. There isn't enough variation between sessions, so you can practically predict what Delin is going to say. You will always shift exactly 6 crates no matter what happens, because if you drop a crate, Delin doesn't say anything at the end, but if you don't he goes into a little speech, thus balancing out the time. I really believe they didn't think that one through.
totally agree! Man your posts always make sense :)
Fox
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby benjones1blj » Sat May 10, 2003 3:42 pm

I enjoy doing the forklift section of the game, shame is was not in Shenmue II
benjones1blj
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ::RFY:: » Sat May 10, 2003 4:17 pm

I thought in Shenmue 2 it would be cool to be one of the Hong Kong boat taxi's for a job. Again, it wouldnt be mandatory, but it would be fun to take people places and cargo places in the harbor area. *those who have seen Enter the Dragon or know about Hong Kong know what I am talking about* 8)
::RFY::
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Miles Prower » Sat May 10, 2003 4:45 pm

- Fei Long - wrote:I thought in Shenmue 2 it would be cool to be one of the Hong Kong boat taxi's for a job. Again, it wouldnt be mandatory, but it would be fun to take people places and cargo places in the harbor area. *those who have seen Enter the Dragon or know about Hong Kong know what I am talking about* 8)

That would've been so awesome! :D
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ChaiOgawa » Sat May 10, 2003 10:57 pm

Silas wrote:
ChaiOgawa wrote:Racing them was fun btu working got old on about the third day.
See how you've all been fooled? It's a game, so even the work parts are a game. That's how I think of it - it isn't boring because I've got my eye on the bonus or even on moving all 20 boxes before the shift ends or there's a cutscene which take up my earning time.

Yes, SILAS that is true the first time I played through shenmue and the second time the work never got old but now im on the 6th time, and it just boring now, but i manage to get through it everytime :D.
ChaiOgawa

Postby Wuying Ren » Sun May 11, 2003 12:48 pm

I liked the forklifts! After a day of practise I always came 1st or 2nd. I always finished all the crates and made some bucks too (well, almost always)!
Wuying Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenmueAddict » Sun May 11, 2003 2:52 pm

yeh i love the forklifts, i used to hate the racing part though because i was really crap at first and could only manage 4th place but now im a master at the racing anad could get first place every time though i prefer to get all 5 different toys so i deliberatly lose places to get em.
ShenmueAddict
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: Patrickingham2
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Postby ChaiOgawa » Mon May 12, 2003 12:12 am

Im doing that now im going to have all 7! I won the blue and red forklifts :D
ChaiOgawa

Postby Juanfran » Mon May 12, 2003 6:06 am

Not to mention the regular forklift lifting the crate
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Timmah » Mon May 12, 2003 2:04 pm

i was actually expecting a similar type of job in Shenmue II but it was not to be. Sure, you could earn a few quid on the odd stall, but nothing challenging or "proffessional" in a way like the Forklifts. when joy took me to worker's pier i really thought i could get back into a forklift but it was moving boring crates with a guy who sounded like he'd been brough up by wild boars. oh well.. maybe in Shenmue III...
Timmah
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Darkly » Mon May 12, 2003 5:03 pm

I like the forklifts working aswell as racing. And the music... :D
Darkly
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue