Shenmue Nightfall music, the actual in-game audio

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Nightfall music, the actual in-game audio

Postby cApNhOwDy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:03 pm

I'm looking for the Nightfall music in-game, during the transition sequences, to put on my phone as the audio that will play every time I plug my phone up to a charging cable. Obviously, I don't want the full track, but if someone has access to the game audio, I'd be curious if a) the version of Nightfall that plays during the cutscenes is, infact, the full length song being played but just a short bit of it or b) it is infact a shortened version of the audio tailor-made for those scenes. If b) is correct, I would very much appreciate that audio clip.

Y'all knowhatimtalking'bout, I don't need it to be a minute long, I'd much rather it be the same length as it normally is in-game, the way it sounds nice. I'd cut an .mp3 but mine would sound like shit and there's some more Shenmue-code saavy people on these forums than myself.

phpBB [video]
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Shenmue Nightfall music, the actual in-game audio

Postby Mr357 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:17 pm

I can make a .flac or .wav of it using my Shenmue: The Movie Remastered footage. I've been recording at 48kHz and 320kb/s, so there shouldn't be any quality issues. I'll post it by tomorrow.

Edit: Here you go. https://firedrop.com/4d8b3306b2984b03

Mr357 has received 2 thanks from: cApNhOwDy, KiBa
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue Nightfall music, the actual in-game audio

Postby Sappharad » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:34 pm

cApNhOwDy wrote:I'd be curious if a) the version of Nightfall that plays during the cutscenes is, infact, the full length song being played but just a short bit of it or

It is in fact the full length song, just only the first section of it plays in-game.

If you use a conversion tool to convert the .snd file from the game disc into a DSF for playback in a player that supports Dreamcast Sound Format, you'll hear that it is indeed the full song.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: cApNhOwDy
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue