Shenmuehd.com Domain Registered

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Shenmuehd.com Domain Registered

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:17 am

Sadly, it turns out the WHOIS date was just the most recent refresh, but that they were registered months back when Sega Europe said the games had their full attention but that there were obstacles. So, this could just be them putting their ducks in a row and not indicative of any progress beyond that.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamYu/posts/1456346887710679

But... it also doesn't HAVE to mean there's been no further progress since then. Just... as always... limit our expectations.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Peter » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:20 am

fittersau wrote:
Peter wrote:
fittersau wrote:
Peter wrote: I figures why not send them a tweet and see what happens. Who knows of they will respond.

They've already said they are interested in getting these out. I don't see a point to pressure them above and beyond our usual monthly tweetathons.

Sega Europe can be sent a tweet 24 hours a day, not just on one day of the month.

I'd be bad if they just got fed up of us and our hourly pinning for Shenmue every day. :mrgreen:

That's true, but since this has came to light publicly today, in not going to wait until the 3rd of February to mention Shenmue HD in a tweet to Sega.

Peter has received 3 thanks from: celsowm, Kiske, Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby fittersau » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:30 am

Don't forget, Sony, Ys & SEGA were talking for at least a year or so in 2014 about making Shenmue 3 a reality in 2015. These things take time.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:18 pm

If it's time that's the issue then they only have themselves to blame for added pressure in regards to a web domain (although I don't see how a single tweet from myself can be classed as pressure).

Sega approached Blitworks at the end of 2011 to get this made and after they refused to invest the adequate amount to do justice to a Shenmue HD remaster, they ran the other way. That rhetoric has not changed, with Dan Sheridan saying exactly the same thing 5 years on.

Peter has received a thanks from: celsowm
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Raithos » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:47 pm

ShenSun wrote: Image

HYPE!!!

Off topic I know, but years later and this is still the best gif on the internet.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Yama
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:56 pm

This is very interesting indeed. Grabbing up those extra domains for forwarding and SEO is standard these days, so it makes a lot of sense. I guess we will just have to sit tight and wait until they announce (if it is real). The fact that they are ShenmueHD and Shenmue Remaster would learn towards a texture revamp/1080p/additional features package, instead of just a straight up port.

In terms of announcement, I really think that they will sit tight on it, and won't make any additional comments at the moment. They would be wise to either, hold the announcement until a big conference, or see if they can liaise with Yu and Ys.net for a big old reveal along side some Shenmue III footage. Either way, I think combining the 2 would create the most impact, but I personally believe that Sega would do their own thing and hold it for a gaming conference.

Imagine seeing a Shenmue 3 Trailer at E3 and then after the footage fades to black, it comes back again with a full Shenmue 1 and 2 HD trailer with a release date later this year. That would be the perfect announcement and would also be perfect for the players who have not been able to play S1 and S2 yet... *Please let this dream come true - June 13th 2017, I am waiting*

Upcoming gaming events are as follows:
PAX South - Jan 27th
Magic Monoco - Feb 18th
GDC/Game Developers Conf. - Feb 27th
E3 - June 13th
Tokyo Game Show - Mid September

Holding for E3 would clearly be the best for maximum impressions and would also, give them time to work on the game (yet again, IF THIS DAMN THIS IS REAL). I feel like the other events are too small in news coverage to warrant having the announcement (Sorry Cedric:().

A quick google shows that Sega are not on the list to attend GDC this year (which is a bit strange) but I guess it is slightly early and that could change.

As I said, this is just me picking at straws and my own opinion. Sega could just be sitting on the domains to ensure that they don't get picked up for all we know lol also, it's pretty crazy to me that ShenmueHD.com was not taken lol I wonder if the dude who has Shenmuegame.com has been contacted by Sega.

Yet again, I am always hyped about everything (Shenmue or not Shenmue related) but this one feels like it holds a bit more water than usual. Very interested to see how Sega respond.
We should try our best to keep up the #ShenmueHD, #SaveShenmue buzz as well. The more people who are asking about this the better.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Any theories on why they didn't also register sheMNuehd.com and sheMNueremastered.com?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:32 pm

This is possibly the best thing Sega has ever done regarding HD remakes!

I really want to get my hopes up for this but a little part of me is still in doubt. This could very well just getting domains just to have them so others can't take them. Still, they at least think about it honestly now.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:21 pm

The way this makes me feel

AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby celsowm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:22 pm

Is this site any good? 'cause...

Update: According to various individuals who work in retail abroad—whose employment we verified—the game should come out in April. The remasters are titled Shenmue 1 & 2 Pack right now in their systems but that might change as we get closer to an announcement. Keep in mind that these individuals might have forged their information so take this with a grain of salt until Sega offers an official press release or statement.

http://www.icxm.net/x/sega-hd-shenmue-r ... tered.html

celsowm has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Never heard of them lol Looked em up on twitter and they have like 13k followers. Dunno about that.
Seems like April is really really early though? I guess if they started working on it when the Shenmue 3 kickstarter happened then maybe (which would be clever... but it's Sega). Will keep an eye on other publications to see if there is an update.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Serenade » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Would this just be a remaster for Shenmue 1, I dont see how the 2nd game has anything to do with this
Serenade
Asia Travel Representative

Postby darksniper » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Is it possible they could be re-recording the dialogue? Corey Marshall has been pretty quiet on social media lately and I believe he may be in Japan. I'd be stoked to see a re-mastered Shenmue with new and improved voice acting.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Serenade » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:16 pm

celsowm wrote: Is this site any good? 'cause...

Update: According to various individuals who work in retail abroad—whose employment we verified—the game should come out in April. The remasters are titled Shenmue 1 & 2 Pack right now in their systems but that might change as we get closer to an announcement. Keep in mind that these individuals might have forged their information so take this with a grain of salt until Sega offers an official press release or statement.

http://www.icxm.net/x/sega-hd-shenmue-r ... tered.html

Naw, this website is total BS. Look at how it seemingly has these sort of updates for everything where they make it out like they investigate into it for example there is apparantly an Xbox One version of Street Fighter V available.
Serenade

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:33 pm

https://twitter.com/Pitikal1/status/817463513279066112

Shenmue HD on Xbox One and PS4 according this source.

No PC version. :cry:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue