Shenmuehd.com Domain Registered

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Shenmuehd.com Domain Registered

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Yokosuka wrote: https://twitter.com/Pitikal1/status/817463513279066112

Shenmue HD on Xbox One and PS4 according this source.

No PC version. :cry:

Yes, Sega is a notoriously PC-hating publisher these days...
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:09 pm

Unless I'll have to turn to an emulator if I want 4k Shenmue.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:21 pm

The "source" is very likely bullshit, but even on the off-hand chance it isn't the information is supposedly coming from retailers - who wouldn't know a damn thing about a PC version anyway, because why the fuck would you do a retail PC version in 2017?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Telekill » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:25 pm

So are all these "Coming in April" and "on PS4 and X1" sources all likely BS? I will admit that my heart started racing a bit when I saw April. Keeping it in check still.

Telekill has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Telekill wrote: So are all these "Coming in April" and "on PS4 and X1" sources all likely BS? I will admit that my heart started racing a bit when I saw April. Keeping it in check still.

Probably yes. The site they originate from are nobodies, and have a few other clearly bogus pieces of "insider info" on there.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

Yes, Sega is a notoriously PC-hating publisher these days...

lol guys. The source is some random dude on twitter with 49 followers...He has been tweeting at random people Since December 9th saying that thanks to Sega for the remasters and that some guy who told him about the Batman Remasters told him..... I'd rather use my head than listen to someone like that.

When it comes to making a remaster for S1 and S2, any exclusive deal for Xbox One makes no sense. Phil Spencer has even been interviewed about S3, saying that it wasn't the correct deal for them. What are they going to do, Pay for an exclusive that says this...? "Come and play Shenmue 1 and 2 exclusively on our system...and then not be able to play Shenmue 3".

Any deal that has been made would be as is for Shenmue 3, i.e Console exclusive to PS4 and then on PC. However, in this situation, I believe Sega would want to get as much cash as possible, thus it would be on both consoles and the PC. I am almost even doubting a physical release, which is why I don't believe that IXCM website.

Why would you go to all this trouble to make a remaster (which is clearly the worlds biggest cash grab) to only limit the amount of people you can sell it to?
Sega has the cash to do a remaster, it doesn't seem risky, I believe it will be digital only (please be wrong) and will be on PSN, Xbox Live and Steam, as these types of remaster always do.

I know that Sega hasn't be too great toward PC recently (port wise) but it would be extremely surprising for them to skip PC. Last year, Sega finally returned to profit and most of that was a push from its PC games like Football Manager 2016 and Total War Warhammer.

Either way, let's keep an eye out on our sources guys :D!

Edit: Agree heavily with Spaghetti lol
Last edited by SheepheadCG on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Telekill » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Probably yes. The site they originate from are nobodies, and have a few other clearly bogus pieces of "insider info" on there.

Oh well. The hype was nice while it lasted. :???:
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Telekill wrote: So are all these "Coming in April" and "on PS4 and X1" sources all likely BS? I will admit that my heart started racing a bit when I saw April. Keeping it in check still.

The twitter's Peter is the only supposed source at the moment. It seems that the site just borrowed his words.
The guy said that his source proved his veracity with Bioshock and Batman remaster. I believe him personally.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Yokosuka wrote:

The twitter's Peter is the only supposed source at the moment. It seems that the site just borrowed his words.
The guy said that his source proved his veracity with Bioshock and Batman remaster. I believe him personally.

That tweet is from December 9th? He posted it 2 times to @Sega and then starting messaging people once then tweeted at him lol He even changes his story 3 times if you read the messages.

First message:
You are great thank you, great news cant wait to play as Ryo on XONE with achievement :D Hopefully rematers went smooth.

Second Message:
No worries, Remaster Pack is well under production :) possible next year release very very likely.

Third:
Confirmed for XONE. The same source told me about Bioshock, Batman remasters 3M before ofic.announ.

Fourth:
Yep, it is coming for XONE finally on April :) Current title name will be Shenmue 1&2 Pack. OF. announcement will soon. Cant wait.

Fifth:
Cant wait for official announcement :) it should be soon if they wanna make April release date. XONE and PS4 versions are DONE

Sixth:
Cant spill more beans :) only FYI - it is coming, it was long in development (hopefully it pays off)

Just looks incredibly suspect to me. I guess someone could DM him and try get some info lol.
Last edited by SheepheadCG on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:44 pm

SheepheadCG wrote:
When it comes to making a remaster for S1 and S2, any exclusive deal for Xbox One makes no sense. Phil Spencer has even been interviewed about S3, saying that it wasn't the correct deal for them. What are they going to do, Pay for an exclusive that says this...? "Come and play Shenmue 1 and 2 exclusively on our system...and then not be able to play Shenmue 3".

Any deal that has been made would be as is for Shenmue 3, i.e Console exclusive to PS4 and then on PC. However, in this situation, I believe Sega would want to get as much cash as possible, thus it would be on both consoles and the PC. I am almost even doubting a physical release, which is why I don't believe that IXCM website.

I agree with that. I don't see Shenmue being on Xbox again unless Shenmue 3 eventually comes to it as well. Hopefully it does for those within the fanbase that have only played S2 on the original Xbox.

SheepheadCG wrote:
Sega has the cash to do a remaster, it doesn't seem risky, I believe it will be digital only (please be wrong) and will be on PSN, Xbox Live and Steam, as these types of remaster always do.

Yeah, I have a feeling that if Shenmue HD Collection does happen that it's going to be digital only. That would truly suck but I see it being a far more likely choice for Sega. The best I see is maybe a limited collector's edition run of Shenmue HD Collection IF it actually releases. Make no mistake... if this is the case, a preorder will be happening regardless that I don't really preorder anymore.

Telekill has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:46 pm

SheepheadCG wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:

That tweet is from December 9th? He posted it 2 times to @Sega and then starting messaging people once then tweeted at him lol

The most thrustworsty sources usually come from nowhere. The GT Sport first worldwide leak came from a Croatian retailer. :)
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
SheepheadCG wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:

That tweet is from December 9th? He posted it 2 times to @Sega and then starting messaging people once then tweeted at him lol

The most thrustworsty sources usually come from nowhere. The GT Sport first worldwide leak came from a Croatian retailer. :)

lol true :P I hope you are correct. I am going to try DM the guy and see if I can get some more info ;)
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby iyapol » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Good old Twitter. A place for popular people and people who would love to be popular.

Unless it's from an official source, take anything you read on Twitter with a huge pinch of salt.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Side note: cool idea for Shenmue HD that will never happen...

For those that own a PS4 and PSV, having the ability to transfer the VMU mini game(s) to the PSV from the PS4. I think that would be an awesome bit of fun but I don't see it happening. It's less likely to happen than the HD Collection itself. :rotflmao:
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Interestingly, the sources mention that in systems the game is named "Shenmue 1 & 2 Pack" in systems. This foreign website has this title listed with a release date of the 14th of April:
http://www.getgame.sk/index.php?route=p ... ct_id=2327

Not very creditable, but strange nonetheless. Is there a way to see how long a page has been up for?

Jibby has received a thanks from: iyapol
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue