Shenmue Goodies VMU File -- Where?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Goodies VMU File -- Where?

Postby Telekill » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Hey all!

I recently found that the Google Play Store has a free VMU emulator called Visual Memory Emulator. It can play various VMU mini game files in VMS, IMG, DCI and DCM file formats. I've been looking for the Shenmue Goodies VMU file but can't find it anywhere to download so that I can play it on this VMU emulator.

On a side note, the emulator works great on my Galaxy S5. I've tested a few of the game files.

If you guys could point me in the direction of where to find the Shenmue Goodies VMU file it would be greatly appreciated as Google search seems to have failed me.

Thanks

EDIT: The one Shenmue related file I've been able to find shows the Yu Suzuki logo, then the Dreamcast logo, then some Japanese text while playing the Shenmue theme song. After that it restarts.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Re: Shenmue Goodies VMU File -- Where?

Postby Radar » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:39 pm

Telekill wrote:EDIT: The one Shenmue related file I've been able to find shows the Yu Suzuki logo, then the Dreamcast logo, then some Japanese text while playing the Shenmue theme song. After that it restarts.

You will need the Shenmue VMU game itself, which is seems like you already have found.
Second, you'll need an animation files, these can be found on Dream Explorer disk(Open CD -> vmu_misc ->Shenmue_passport) copy files to the same VMU that has Shenmue VMU game installed, disk can be found here: http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... ool-orars/ Dream Explorer can be emulated in Demul.
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Shenmue