Shenmue Realism: Bamboo Fountain in the Hazuki's Garden

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Realism: Bamboo Fountain in the Hazuki's Garden

Postby Switch » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:41 pm

I've written a post about the bamboo fountain in the corner of the garden at the Hazuki residence. It's just another part of Shenmue that doesn't have any role to play in the main story, but it adds so much to the atmosphere.

The ornamental pond in the corner of the garden at the Hazuki residence is an oasis of tranquility. Flowering water lilies bob gently on the surface, rising and falling as Japanese carp glide lazily by underneath. Birds twitter in the trees and the water trickles continuously into a bamboo water fountain.

Every so often, the bamboo spout of the fountain pivots over, spilling its collected water into the pond, and makes a distinctive "clonk" as it returns to its original position. The sound can be heard from other parts of the garden as Ryo walks around.

Let's look at how the fountain works, what its name is in Japanese and finally some in-game footage of the fountain in motion.

Full post here:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... arden.html

Switch has received 5 thanks from: Mr357, O Rei do Frango Assado, Sappharad, Sonoshee, Yokosuka
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Re: Shenmue Realism: Bamboo Fountain in the Hazuki's Garden

Postby RyoShenmue » Tue May 16, 2017 2:18 am

I actually enjoyed that fountain or at least the fish in the pond. And I always enjoyed the bamboo smacking together. I found it peaceful... I also enjoyed turning the corner and seeing the big tree and how they would change in the seasons... Ahhh memories. A shame you could not feed the kois or go into the tool shed as I recall...
RyoShenmue
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Return to Shenmue