Traveling in Shenmue

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Traveling in Shenmue

Postby NewDog » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 am

Something I've noticed throughout the story so far is that Ryo had traveled to Hong Kong, which was designated as a Dependent Territory of the United Kingdom prior to the games in 1981 (the game is set in 1986), then to Guilin, which is deep in the People's Republic of China.

Now then, here's the million-dollar question, how did Ryo sort all travel documents needed for his trip into Mainland Asia? Not only that, when would Ryo have went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs throughout the first game?
NewDog
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Traveling in Shenmue

Postby SMDzero » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:11 pm

NewDog wrote: Something I've noticed throughout the story so far is that Ryo had traveled to Hong Kong, which was designated as a Dependent Territory of the United Kingdom prior to the games in 1981 (the game is set in 1986), then to Guilin, which is deep in the People's Republic of China.

Now then, here's the million-dollar question, how did Ryo sort all travel documents needed for his trip into Mainland Asia? Not only that, when would Ryo have went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs throughout the first game?

Here's a question.. IS Ryo even in China legally???

If he's not legal , he could be deported.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby BigTuna » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:50 pm

I want to go back to Yokosuka so bad. I hope we make it that far in the story eventually.

But this is an interesting thought. I'm also curious to see where else this game will take us. Guilin is so goddamn beautiful. I want more of that, personally.
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby JohnBlack » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:45 am

NewDog wrote: Something I've noticed throughout the story so far is that Ryo had traveled to Hong Kong, which was designated as a Dependent Territory of the United Kingdom prior to the games in 1981 (the game is set in 1986), then to Guilin, which is deep in the People's Republic of China.

You know whats real question? How can he even speak chinese with people? In first part Ryo needed a translator to read chinese letter.
JohnBlack

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ReeceKun » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:49 pm

I want to know what the Japanese Police said about Iowa's Murder and their subsequent investigation, There also seemed to be no Funeral, no pictures of Ryo's Mother, No phonecall from the School Principal

... so I think we can safely assume that Ryo the half brother of LanDi was smuggled back from china and doesnt legally exist.

Shenmue has such a dumb story its actually pretty mind boggling
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby NewDog » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:20 pm

ReeceKun wrote: I want to know what the Japanese Police said about Iowa's Murder and their subsequent investigation, There also seemed to be no Funeral, no pictures of Ryo's Mother, No phonecall from the School Principal

... so I think we can safely assume that Ryo the half brother of LanDi was smuggled back from china and doesnt legally exist.

Shenmue has such a dumb story its actually pretty mind boggling

There was a four-day time gap in-between Lan Di intruding on the Hazuki household and when you begin to control Ryo, so most of what you brought up just happened off-screen.
NewDog
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Return to Shenmue