The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 2

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 2

Postby Ryo & Nazomi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Before I started this, I searched for any existing Shenmue trivia games already on the forum and I found them to be very old and abandoned. So, THIS will be the "official" Shenmue Trivia Game now. READ THE RULES AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THEM so there won't be any issues/confusion throughout the trivia game:

Rule #1: A person asks a question and anybody can answer it, and the FIRST person who answers that question CORRECTLY gets awarded a point AND gets to ask the next question. I myself will keep score. The score will always be at the very bottom of this post (first post of the trivia game) where I will update the score regularly on this same exact post.

- This Smile will represent 1st Place: :king:
- This Smile will represent 2nd Place: \:D/
- This Smile will represent 3rd Place: :nice!:

Rule #2: I give the person who answers correctly only 2 days to ask his/her question. He/she has the day they answered correctly and a full day after to ask their question. So, on the 3rd day if they still haven't asked a question, ANYBODY can ask the next question. But only the one who posts their question FIRST will be counted.

Rule #3: Only the person who asks the question can confirm the correct answer. I also give THAT person 2 days to confirm. So, on the 3rd day if they still haven't confirmed the correct answer, YOU ALL be the judge of who got the correct answer.

Rule #4: If you all see someone confirm a "correct" answer to their question when it is in fact WRONG, you all correct that person. And after that person is corrected, they will have to ask ANOTHER question with the 2-day time limit etc. Then you all will carry on from there with their new question.

Rule #5: When you ask your question, make SURE you check that it has a single definitive answer. But if you don't ask a question that has a single definitive answer and it has multiple "correct" answers, then make SURE you rule out those other "correct" answers so there won't be any confusion on what "correct" answer you're thinking of.

Rule #6: Please don't come to the trivia game posting questions out of the blue when it's not even your turn. I will simply ignore your "out of the blue" questions and the answers that follow. No one will receive any points for doing that.

This is not necessarily a rule, but more like a "request:" If you don't know the answer to the question given, don’t cheat by researching the correct answer. It just takes the fun out of the game! Also, with you not knowing the answer it gives OTHER people a chance to answer and a chance to shine. So please do NOT cheat.

Rule #7: If you ask a difficult question and nobody even attempts to answer it after 2 days, just reveal the correct answer to everyone on the 3rd day and simply ask a new question on the same day. However, if the same person fails to reveal the correct answer to his/her difficult question after the 3rd day you all can do one of these two things: Either research the correct answer (only for THIS situation) to see who was correct, or, you can just simply ask a brand new question so we can move on with the trivia game. The first person who posts the new question will be allowed.

Rule #8: To win the Season 1 trivia game, you must get 7 POINTS! After a player has gotten 7 points the Season 1 trivia game will end and we can move on to a brand-new Season in this topic and start fresh...only if you guys want to that is. I will call this trivia game: "The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 1." If you guys want to after 7 points we can renew the trivia game for a second Season in this topic and rename the topic: "The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 2." Or, I can just cancel the trivia game altogether if you guys don't want to play anymore after 7 points and the trivia game will only be for just one Season. IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS.

SEASON 2 RULE #8 UPDATE: To win the trivia game, you must get 20 POINTS! After a player has gotten 20 points the second Season will end and we can move on to a third Season and start fresh if you guys want to.

Remember: all the rules I posted here are not to "burden" anybody, they are simply helpful "guidelines" so you will know what to do when certain situations come up in the trivia game therefore avoiding any problems/chaos. Now, test your knowledge on how much you know of the Shenmue series and… ENJOY!!!

Now all of that is out of the way let's finally move on to the FUN part! I myself will ask the very first question so the Season 1 trivia game can officially start now. The first one who answers my question correctly will get a point and be able to ask the next question. Here is my question below:

After Lan Di forced Iwao to reveal the location of the Dragon Mirror, what did Iwao tell him he did with it?

THE SEASON 1 SCORE WAS:
:king: Mr357- 7 Points
\:D/ BlueMue- 5 Points
\:D/ ShenGCH- 5 Points
:nice!: Ryo & Nozomi- 3 Points
Switch- 2 Points
Spaghetti- 1 Point
Kiske- 1 Point
SickOctopus- 1 Point
Rakim- 1 Point
Radar- 1 Point

THE SEASON 2 SCORE IS:
:king: Ryo & Nozomi- 3 Points
:king: Mr357- 3 Points
\:D/ ShenGCH- 2 Points
\:D/ Radar- 2 Points
\:D/ SickOctopus- 2 Points
:nice!: FlagshipFighter- 1 Point
:nice!: Switch- 1 Point
Last edited by Ryo & Nazomi on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Ryo & Nazomi
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: To be revealed...
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Syphon Filter

Re: The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 1

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:20 am

That he buried it, under the cherry tree?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ryo & Nazomi » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:43 pm

That is correct Spaghetti! Good job! You now have a point and you can see it on the very first post. You may now ask the next question. You have TODAY and TOMORROW to ask your question. Good job. =D>
Ryo & Nazomi

PSN: To be revealed...
Currently playing: Syphon Filter

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:59 pm

This sounds pretty damn neat. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread :)

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: Ryo & Nazomi
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:20 am

Alright, what's the name of the default highest ranking player listed on Hang On?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:58 am

REN
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:21 pm

That's a bingo.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 am

What object will Ryo find if he opens the top left drawer of the China cabinet in Hazuki's residence living room?
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:48 am

C-Size Batteries, I believe.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiske » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:09 am

ShenGCH wrote: C-Size Batteries, I believe.

That's a... correct answer!

Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:58 am

How many vending machines can be found throughout the game?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:20 am

Hmm... 1 in Sakuragaoka, 4 in Dobuita and 7 at the harbor, so that makes 12?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:15 am

BlueMue wrote: Hmm... 1 in Sakuragaoka, 4 in Dobuita and 7 at the harbor, so that makes 12?

Twelve is correct! (Though I thought there were five in Dobuita and six at the Harbour?)
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:09 am

Ah I forgot the one at Okayama Heights... So, the harbor has one by the entrance, one where Tom parks his truck, one by Hisaka's lunch stand and one near the crane where you can give Shozo some coffee. And then there are 3 inside the Harbor Lounge, making it 7 in total.

So the correct answer would then be 13. Not so simple after all. :lol:
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mr357 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:27 am

I can only think of 4 in Dobuita. The one Wong loiters at, the one at Okayama Heights, the one by the Tomato mart, and the one near the arcade.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue