Ryo's Timex Variants

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Which watch variation do you prefer? (Total votes: 6)

Left
2
33%
Middle
1
17%
Right
3
50%

Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby RyanHazuki » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:17 am

Over the years, I've ended up with quite a few watches in my travels. Whenever I see a watch that resembles the Timex T43371 that Ryo's was based off of, I pick it up. I just realized I have 3 different variations of the same watch. Which one do you prefer?

Image

RyanHazuki has received a thanks from: Mr357
User avatar
RyanHazuki
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: February 2016
Location: USA
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:38 am

I have a question. Has there ever been a model that just has "Timex" labelled on it instead of "Timex Expedition"? 'Cause you know, Ryo's watch only has "Timex" at the centre.
User avatar
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2017

Re: Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby RyanHazuki » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:54 am

Nope. I think I've seen them all at this point and the difference in the real one and the game one is the date, the "Expedition" wording, a second hand, and the markings on the strap.

The limited Shenmue version has a closer-to-game-correct strap, but has "Shenmue Timex" written on the face, and still has the date and a second hand. It's cool for a collector, but it's really just an EXPENSIVE remake of a pretty plain watch... a plain watch that can be hell to find since it's from 1999.
Last edited by RyanHazuki on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
RyanHazuki
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: February 2016
Location: USA
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:02 pm

RyanHazuki wrote: Nope. I think I've seen them all at this point and the difference in the real one and the game one is the date, the "Expedition" wording, and a second hand.


Thanks for the reply. I guess the only way to get it is by having some sort of custom watch manufacturer make it for you. Either that, or you gotta do it yourself!
User avatar
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2017

Re: Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby RyanHazuki » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:09 pm

That would be a cool project, but I wouldn't be patient enough to do it.
User avatar
RyanHazuki
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: February 2016
Location: USA
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby TailsAndy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Gah, I want a T43371 so bad. I can't find one, and when I do, it's way overpriced. I have a T47902 but it's just not the same.
User avatar
TailsAndy
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: February 2008
Wii U: TailsAndy
Steam: TailsAndy
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: MK8,

Re: Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby RyanHazuki » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:43 am

Last edited by RyanHazuki on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
RyanHazuki
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: February 2016
Location: USA
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby RyanHazuki » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:05 am

TailsAndy wrote: Gah, I want a T43371 so bad. I can't find one, and when I do, it's way overpriced. I have a T47902 but it's just not the same.



The ones I'm selling above aren't overpriced :lol:
Last edited by RyanHazuki on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RyanHazuki
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: February 2016
Location: USA
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:11 pm

I asked a bespoke watch manufacturer whether they could make me a certain custom watch (it was Ryo's. I uploaded an image). Well to my surprise, the answer was a yes! At first though, they said that they don't usually make copies of other watches and that it would be more cost effective to use one of their bases to copy the design on or something like that any way. However, I said I'll make it worthwhile for them by offering them the money that they need. Looks like I'll have the exact watch that Ryo has in the future. And by exact, I really mean it. No "Timex Expedition" or "Timex Shenmue" on the watch face. Just the original and much needed "Timex"! I'm not doing it right now because I don't want it yet. But eventually, I'll have it.
User avatar
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2017

Re: Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby RyanHazuki » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:05 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote: I asked a bespoke watch manufacturer whether they could make me a certain custom watch (it was Ryo's. I uploaded an image). Well to my surprise, the answer was a yes! At first though, they said that they don't usually make copies of other watches and that it would be more cost effective to use one of their bases to copy the design on or something like that any way. However, I said I'll make it worthwhile for them by offering them the money that they need. Looks like I'll have the exact watch that Ryo has in the future. And by exact, I really mean it. No "Timex Expedition" or "Timex Shenmue" on the watch face. Just the original and much needed "Timex"! I'm not doing it right now because I don't want it yet. But eventually, I'll have it.



Very exclusive... you will own a watch that simply does not exist elsewhere.
User avatar
RyanHazuki
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: February 2016
Location: USA
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: Ryo's Timex Variants

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:23 pm

RyanHazuki wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote: I asked a bespoke watch manufacturer whether they could make me a certain custom watch (it was Ryo's. I uploaded an image). Well to my surprise, the answer was a yes! At first though, they said that they don't usually make copies of other watches and that it would be more cost effective to use one of their bases to copy the design on or something like that any way. However, I said I'll make it worthwhile for them by offering them the money that they need. Looks like I'll have the exact watch that Ryo has in the future. And by exact, I really mean it. No "Timex Expedition" or "Timex Shenmue" on the watch face. Just the original and much needed "Timex"! I'm not doing it right now because I don't want it yet. But eventually, I'll have it.



Very exclusive... you will own a watch that simply does not exist elsewhere.


Thanks! It'll cost a lot of money but to me, it's definitely worth it. I'm already excited and I haven't even got it yet!
User avatar
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2017


Return to Shenmue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net