Shenmue 1&2 HD Poll

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

How do you expect to see these released? (Total votes: 24)

Physical retail package
63%
Dowload only
38%

Shenmue 1&2 HD Poll

Postby RyanHazuki » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:42 pm

I am very hopeful and optimistic for the release of these titles in HD. People definitely seem to be at odds over what form it will be available in, though.
RyanHazuki
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: Shenmue 1&2 HD Poll

Postby south carmain » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:57 pm

I would like to have a legit clean way of playing them in HD in any case but I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if I can't put them on my shelf next to shenmue 3.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Amihama0468
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby RyanHazuki » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:58 am

I'd love to see a physical release, but all that material costs. I'd bet on download only. Regardless, we will all be happy with either, right?
RyanHazuki

Postby Niowiad » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:26 pm

I used to be against the whole digital delivery thing. With time I pretty much changed my mind due to the recurrent practice of buying a lot of software which wasn't available as a physical version in the first place... I got used to it and its not as bad as I originally thought. Don't know if it's going to backfire big time eventually in the future, but it sure has its advantages.

Althought I went for the PC physical copy during the Kickstarter campaign two years ago, if the HD remasters end up coming out for digital download only, I'll be more than fine with that.
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby RyanHazuki » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Niowiad wrote: I used to be against the whole digital delivery thing. With time I pretty much changed my mind due to the recurrent practice of buying a lot of software which wasn't available as a physical version in the first place... I got used to it and its not as bad as I originally thought. Don't know if it's going to backfire big time eventually in the future, but it sure has its advantages.

Althought I went for the PC physical copy during the Kickstarter campaign two years ago, if the HD remasters end up coming out for digital download only, I'll be more than fine with that.

Call it greed, call it pure Shenmue love, call it whatever... I have and will have every version of the games on all platforms. There are always differences and variety is the spice of life :D
RyanHazuki

Postby Telekill » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:23 pm

What I want and what I believe will happen are two different things.

I want a physical release:
- Each game sold separately or
- Each game on it's own disc in one package (more likely)

I'm guessing that the best we'll get is digital only.

That said, I'll take what I can get.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:22 am

I can picture a single physical run by Limited Run Games, which will alleviate the costs of packaging, printing, etc., on SEGA's part, but download will be the main one.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Cyberman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:53 am

I want a physical copy along with my copy of Shenmue 3.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby BlueMue » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:34 am

Okay so not what we want but what we expect? Well there can be quite a difference.

I think we all want a physical copy but will they do it? I expect, that when they finally do rerelase the games, they actually will make a physical version for stores. After they've gone trough all the trouble of making it happen they'll want to spread this as far and wide as they can. And since they've seen from the Kickstarter how many fans are still out there so they'll probably make an extra special limited edition aswell.

In short, I see no reason why they wouldn't make a physical release for such an iconic title.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby RyanHazuki » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 pm

BlueMue wrote: Okay so not what we want but what we expect? Well there can be quite a difference.

I think we all want a physical copy but will they do it? I expect, that when they finally do rerelase the games, they actually will make a physical version for stores. After they've gone trough all the trouble of making it happen they'll want to spread this as far and wide as they can. And since they've seen from the Kickstarter how many fans are still out there so they'll probably make an extra special limited edition aswell.

In short, I see no reason why they wouldn't make a physical release for such an iconic title.

I do hope you're right.
RyanHazuki

Return to Shenmue