zhao suming

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

zhao suming

Postby land_e » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:47 pm

is zhao suming lan di's father ?

ive read in some posts about lan di's father an iwao fighting in a perticular place, where you getting this infomation from ?
land_e
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:01 pm

The end of shenmue II...

I don't know about any fighting but zhao is lan di's father.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: zhao suming

Postby choinkees » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:29 pm

land_e wrote:is zhao suming lan di's father ?

Yep. I think Zhu Yuanda tells you at the end of the third disc in Shenmue 2.

land_e wrote:ive read in some posts about lan di's father an iwao fighting in a perticular place, where you getting this infomation from ?

Shenmue 1's intro..
Lan Di: "Do you remember Zhao Sunming?"
Iwao: "Zhao?"
Lan Di: "That's the name of the man you killed in Meng Cuan"

..or however it's all spelt.

Lan Di killed Iwao Hazuki for the mirrors and also because Iwao aparantly killed Zhao Sunming. Lan Di was getting revenge for his father's death just like how Ryo wants to kill Lan Di.

It hasn't been confirmed that Iwao did it. Ryo can't believe his dad did it. Zhao Sunming and Iwao used to be good friends (according to Zhu), and Zhu didn't witness Chao's death.
Still, the two mirrors actually used to belong to Zhao, and now Iwao has them.. so something happened that killed Zhao and gave Iwao the mirrors. Maybe Zhao went crazy and Iwao killed him before the power of the mirrors was used?
choinkees
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: zhao suming

Postby b_ren » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:52 pm

choinkees wrote:
land_e wrote:is zhao suming lan di's father ?

Yep. I think Zhu Yuanda tells you at the end of the third disc in Shenmue 2.

land_e wrote:ive read in some posts about lan di's father an iwao fighting in a perticular place, where you getting this infomation from ?

Shenmue 1's intro..
Lan Di: "Do you remember Zhao Sunming?"
Iwao: "Zhao?"
Lan Di: "That's the name of the man you killed in Meng Cuan"

..or however it's all spelt.

Lan Di killed Iwao Hazuki for the mirrors and also because Iwao aparantly killed Zhao Sunming. Lan Di was getting revenge for his father's death just like how Ryo wants to kill Lan Di.

It hasn't been confirmed that Iwao did it. Ryo can't believe his dad did it. Zhao Sunming and Iwao used to be good friends (according to Zhu), and Zhu didn't witness Chao's death.
Still, the two mirrors actually used to belong to Zhao, and now Iwao has them.. so something happened that killed Zhao and gave Iwao the mirrors. Maybe Zhao went crazy and Iwao killed him before the power of the mirrors was used?

Yeah I think that mabye Zhao wanted to use these mirrors for evil but Iwao was forced to kill him but the threat would aways comeback and now it is Ryo's turn to stop this evil.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby land_e » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:17 pm

isnt zhao sunming that bird martial art experts sister ?

what would be a good twist would be
zhao sunming is shen hua's father and their his mirrors because he carved them him self in baihue village (excuse the village name if its wrong) this would mean lan di would be shen hua's sister

are ryo and lan di's sister destined to be together ? ?
land_e
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby choinkees » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:53 am

Heheh..

Anyways, Xuiying (bird martial art expert) has a brother named Ziming.

Zhao Sunming was in the Wulinshu (book of martial arts written by Zhu Yuanda). Ryo reads it and there's a diagram of martial arts styles and stuff.
One branch has "Zhao Sunming - Tiger Swallow Style".
choinkees
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yukupo » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:59 am

I'm thinking it may be a bit like Suikoden II. Something where Iwao and Zhao both got a power and split paths. And Zhao eventually was dying either by Iwao's hand or his own mistakes and entrusted Iwao with the mirrors.

Just a theory.
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue