What Brought You To Shenmue?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby Quadriflax » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:31 pm

I didn't really know much about it until I picked it up used. First time I attempted it I didn't much care for it. After beating a few other RPGs I gave it another go and was sucked in. Went out and bought a copy of Shenmue II DC even before I was done with the first because I knew I would be dying to play it. I was fortunate enough to be able to jump right from the first to the second. Now I'm anxiously awaiting word of the 3rd installment.
Quadriflax
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Gone Guest » Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:02 am

Edit
Last edited by Gone Guest on Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone Guest
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Virtua Hazuki » Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:44 am

I first heard it in the form Virtua fighter rpg, i cant exactly remember , I really liked the prospect of the game, I heard more as I bought my Dreamcast in November 1999, after looking on a DC-UK preview, on it, I was gripped by it ever since :lol:
Virtua Hazuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby LisaM34 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:41 pm

I was at the movies getting ready to see the first harry potter movie and they advertised it. I thought it looked cool so I went the next day and bought the dreamcast along with the game. Great game!!!
LisaM34
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby konaikonai » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:51 pm

The awsome video on ODCM blew my min, so I watched it over and oer until christmas morning, when my REAL LIFE began and time faded into the sunset and everything good in life was proclaimed, for that day, I was honored the power supreme!! :)
konaikonai
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby pikecon » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:21 pm

A friend told it was one of the only DC games to use it's full power, (technically speaking)
pikecon
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Chan Li » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:27 pm

My brother told me it would be a wicked game to get for my dreamcast and i always thank him for doing that
Chan Li

Postby Alsheimer » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:10 pm

ChaiOgawa had it.
Alsheimer
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bane » Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:49 pm

Well I was looking in the pre owned section of GAME and I saw it for £8 mint condition so I got it.

And after ages of seraching for shenmue 2 I found it in games station but for £25 but my sister also liked the game so we both went half.
Bane
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SPIKE » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:38 pm

My brother wanted it, so me and him went halves, i started playing, i was hooked and the rest is history.
SPIKE

Postby Atlantean » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:07 am

I heard about Shenmue several times, that it was going to be a great game, etc. But it never caught my attention enough to push me to the "Can't wait for that!" mood. Later on, I found what made me so hooked to it...
I usually bought this magazine called Mega Score (yeah, lame name. But it was the best video games magazine around!). I saw a preview of shenmue there. I wasn't going to read it, until... I looked to the left corner... and... I saw a CG of Nozomi. I'm not lying, I tell you... if Nozomi wasn't there, I wouldn't be playing Shenmue, I think. After I saw her, I scanned all the info about the game, and got hooked. Just as simple.
Atlantean
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Lantean
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Steam Wallet Drain Game

Postby Silas » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:50 pm

You fell in love with Nozomi? Wow, that's deep. Almost like Ryo finding Shenhua, the girl in his dreams. (And on the winning cans. And bars of chocolate and caramel. Bit of a merchandising whore, that Shenhua, but still....)
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shotaro Kaneda » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:04 pm

I saw previews about it when it was first announced in Japan and then I had the long wait until its release!
Shotaro Kaneda
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:51 pm

Well its a long story!!
Milkybarkid
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:49 pm

As soon as I read about it in Official Dreamcast Magazine, I knew I wanted it. I finally got it on Xmas Day 2000, and that was one of the best Christmases ever ^_^
Does anyone else think that Shenmue and Christmas Day is an absolutely perfect combination? ^.^
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue