Shenmue models fail

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue models fail

Postby Elder5 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:05 pm

hello everybody! Im Elder

Im learning blender and soon starting Unreal engine 4 course, Shenmue is important for me cause in 3d animation it was one of the most developed games at that time, when sony was with play station 1, Sega had shenmue trying a lot of stuff totally new at that time (even the GCD!)
the models are so realistic even today

I tried to rip it using 3d ripper dx in windows 10, it didnt work flat pancake, also I tried to rip using the virtual machine with 3d aceleration and running windows xp...nulldc just stops working so it didnt work (after long hours trying setting it up and differents versions)

i wanted to have the character models from shenmue passport (the high poly ones) speciallty shenhua
does anybody have shenhua's model to share?

I would love to open the maps and characters to analize how they made them!
in shenmue passport i read one method to access to the 3d models and escenarios...but why this would be useful? if we just cant open them with any program?!
it didnt make sense to me but at least its something! maybe for the future

In this forum there are some models from shenmue passport but not all... so my question is how can I rip them?

also I have to mention that windows xp doesnt support a lot of stuff from my computer (as far I know) like the video card gtx 1050, so i can try to make it work from another hard disk or usb but its getting complex due windows xp is getting old and no support anymore.

thanks to all, and I hope i can be usefull (animation, texturing etc) in some mods or a refreshing port
Elder5
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: shenmue1

Re: Shenmue models fail

Postby south carmain » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 pm

In this thread there are some models, maps and a tutorial on how to rip maps. I always had trouble with 3d ripper myself back in the day though so not much i can do to help with that
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=50118
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Shenmue models fail

Postby ReeceKun » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:29 am

Heliwigs MT5 Converter

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=47275

Extract GDI
Extract PKFs(Textures)7zip
Extract PKS (Models & Animation info)

Convert MT5 to DAE
Character & Animating Models dont extract correctly

Search for infomation on MT5 for more info on ripping

(I will make an indepth extraction tutorial eventually but everything I know I have posted on this forum somewhere)
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Return to Community Projects