Kinect w/ Shenmue on NullDC

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Kinect w/ Shenmue on NullDC

Postby ReeceKun » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:27 pm

TheGboyKing wrote:
ReeceKun wrote:then dont pay attention to it, you see these words dont mean anything untill you start feeling offended by them
personally im getting fed up of people getting offended all the time over meaningless things and cause scenes bringing even more importance to them where it would be more effective to just ignore them and let them fade away

Its true all I can really do is accept it, ... but then if no-one ever said anything would anything change?

There are two kinds of ignorance , not knowing and not caring.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:45 pm

ReeceKun wrote:
TheGboyKing wrote:
ReeceKun wrote:then dont pay attention to it, you see these words dont mean anything untill you start feeling offended by them
personally im getting fed up of people getting offended all the time over meaningless things and cause scenes bringing even more importance to them where it would be more effective to just ignore them and let them fade away

Its true all I can really do is accept it, ... but then if no-one ever said anything would anything change?

There are two kinds of ignorance , not knowing and not caring.

yes because the guy would not bother saying it as there would be no reaction, you dont have a conversation with a rock
Panda_rapist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Who cares get back on topic.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Ryudo wrote:Who cares get back on topic.

kinect is shit and the idea of associating it with a dreamcast game makes me want to castrate myself by headbutting myself in the balls
Panda_rapist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:03 pm

TheGboyKing wrote:
Ryudo wrote:Who cares get back on topic.

kinect is shit and the idea of associating it with a dreamcast game makes me want to castrate myself by headbutting myself in the balls

High five Mr King.
We agree. :mrgreen:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Panda_rapist

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:14 pm

ReeceKun wrote:
NeoShredder wrote:It is what it is...a quote, in fact a one so particularly childish and ignorant I thought I'd quote it at the time.
U mad?

Im not sure if you agree with 'green_knight' or your mocking him, as you didnt offer any explanation I can only guess.

Not to de-rail the topic, but I thought i'd just explain that this quote came out of a life and religion discussion where green_knight got dat mad to the point of hilarity and his ignorance, so that's why I quoted it at the time, probably to wind him up if memory serves. I obviously don't agree with his views. If you really have a problem with it PM me.

Anyways I agree that Kinect is a gimmick for the Xbox (It's as if everyone forgot about the eyetoy), but the case is what makes it not a gimmick is how people have taken it and used it for other things in creative ways on the PC. I'm not saying omg shanmoo free az to hav kinec innt, but I think if it's done correctly in certain points of game (as I said the leaf catching, or when you learn new moves, maybe even selection of objects when in first person) it could be quite immersive.

Besides, look what Yu tried to do with Psy-Phi as a point. Even down to how the button combo flashed up on the memory card, it's been about immersion, and I don't see why in principle this couldn't be a cool experiment.

Alas, I do not own a Kinect, I'm just throwing it up as an idea. Besides, you know how hot Kinect hacks are atm, I'm sure it could also draw some attention too.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:13 pm

GK was Kiba so it's no surprise.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Master Kyodai » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:02 am

Ryudo wrote:Shenmue is not for shitty motion.

QFT
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to Community Projects