Complete Video Guide On Shenmue Model Ripping

(Modding and other series related projects)

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Well if it fails you can still vouch to run WIndows XP in a vmware environment on your Vista PC but that generally wont make stuff much faster.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Fenix » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks Master Kyodai. You're helping me a lot in one day only hehe.

I had a lot of problems editing textures with Vista :mad: But now I know how to make it works well but not on Shenmue Modding. This is absolutely new for me.
Last edited by Fenix on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Fenix » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:10 am

First I'll say sorry for the double post but I need to bump it.

I tryed the tutorial and it's amazing. Everything is very clean and even me, with absolutely no experience, I managed myself to capture Ryo's texture and move it to 3ds Max.

I used my office's old computer. It's a 512MB RAM 2.4Ghz runing on 3ds Max7 (I installed exactly the same as Dotsona's tutorial).

I got the problem I suposed to had... While I'm ripping the files on 3ds, the program crash and says "out of memory" so now I'm completly lost.

I just see 2 possibilities; first is ask to request a 3ds file with a Ryo Hazuki model, Shenmue 1 or 2 (same for me) but preferently a Passport model finished... But to be honest, I'd like to make it by myself.
That was for me the better part.

2nd option is ask you if there is a way to rip a model using Windows Vista cause I have a very strong VAIO at home and that computer is able to manage anything I want.
I was thinking to download "Yazgoo's MT5 Model extractor" and try it on my Vista computer but not sure if this could work.

There is a 3rd option and the most expensive; buy another computer for my exclusive use (my computer have Vista thanks to my father) with XP installed... But I don't think that would be the best idea, LOL.

Oh and last thing:
I've been reading Tortu-genial problems and I know why your plugins are not in the folders. If you still having same problem, ask me and I'll explain you.
Last edited by Fenix on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Oppy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 am

^You can just upgrade your ram. cheaper then buying a new pc.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Fenix » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Oppy wrote:^You can just upgrade your ram. cheaper then buying a new pc.

Yup. I just called a friend to buy 6-8Gb Ram :lol: Thanks.

BTW... I don't know how but I've finally made my 3d Ryo... Well... My half Ryo whatever lol.

Take a look. 3 pictures: angle view, back and front...

Does somebody knows why's happening that? Could it be the result of an insuficient RAM memory at capture's moment?
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Obviously you "captured" Ryo here from an emulator and with 3D Ripper DX and you took the capture while you saw Ryos back. So due to backface culling you only captured Ryos back, that's why his back looks quite Okay and his front like "wtf?". It's unfortunately a limitation of the engine, a trick to cut off the polygons which are not in view of the camera, saves computing power for the dreamcast. Not much you can do about it other than just doing 2 captures from front and behind and stich them together. Or capture the low poly Ryo from Shenmue 2, Shenmue 2 does not use backface culling as much as S1, so you have quite good chances to get a complete (lower res though) Ryo in one capture. RAm doesn't have anything to do with this.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Fenix » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:Obviously you "captured" Ryo here from an emulator and with 3D Ripper DX and you took the capture while you saw Ryos back. So due to backface culling you only captured Ryos back, that's why his back looks quite Okay and his front like "wtf?". It's unfortunately a limitation of the engine, a trick to cut off the polygons which are not in view of the camera, saves computing power for the dreamcast. Not much you can do about it other than just doing 2 captures from front and behind and stich them together. Or capture the low poly Ryo from Shenmue 2, Shenmue 2 does not use backface culling as much as S1, so you have quite good chances to get a complete (lower res though) Ryo in one capture. RAm doesn't have anything to do with this.

Oh!
So the program can only capture what's on the "emulator's view". Too bad :sad:

OK then, thank you again Master Kyodai. I'll try with Shenmue II (Dotsona tutorial is made with Shenmue II and the backside of his capture was not like mine) but two more things, the lasts i hope hehe:
What's the low poly Ryo?
And how do you make here to get Ryo 3d complete models? I've seen an amazing 3d model from someone called Yfrid and good models from Dotsona, you and more people.
Did you take 2 captures?

I didn't know this kind of trick haha!

I appreciate your help!

EDIT: I've been reading for 2 days some of your posts in that section. As I'm able to understand, there is no way to extract 100% a model without bugs or glitches. The only solution is the Yazgoo's extractor and it still in development.
You guy are even planning to pay if the extractor finally work at 100%.

You know, I think it's an amazing project so I'll talk with friends and ask them if it's possible to help you. I'll even help paying if the extractor works too :)
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Complete Video Guide On Shenmue Model Ripping

Postby dotsona » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:48 am

^^ Well 3d ripper does work, but only for Shenmue 2. When you use it on Shenmue 1 to extract models you get half a model (because of the backface culling issue) but Shenmue 2 does NOT seem to have this problem. So in that case it will work with Shenmue 2. Yazgoos extractor is still way to far off to be a handy tool for model ripping. Hopefully some day it will finally be complete :D
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Mods

Postby Fenix » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:10 am

dotsona wrote:^^ Well 3d ripper does work, but only for Shenmue 2. When you use it on Shenmue 1 to extract models you get half a model (because of the backface culling issue) but Shenmue 2 does NOT seem to have this problem. So in that case it will work with Shenmue 2. Yazgoos extractor is still way to far off to be a handy tool for model ripping. Hopefully some day it will finally be complete :D

Hope so too, Dotsona :)

I tried it with Shenmue II and yes... It works perfectly.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Gangsta Ren » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:53 am

What does it mean when Nulldc command prompt keeps listing error code "Error in DC /mem/sh4" It makes the game sound stutter and no video will show. It was running fine before. Now its all screwed up all of a sudden.
Gangsta Ren
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby BalthierSky » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:04 am

can you gave me some link of 3d max 7

thank you :)
BalthierSky
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue