Ryo (Renders)

(Modding and other series related projects)

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 pm

- Removed drama
- Next one to write something about Pedo or another off topic crap really gets it
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:11 pm

Just a little advice,next time when Pruning a topic. Don't delete responses one by one.
Just use the moderate forum feature you can select posts to delete or split all at once.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 pm

That was me and thanks good tip. Well i only deleted posts that added to the drama and not to the topic.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LawXiu » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:14 pm

So now dotsona can put his picture back seems that he has explained it's a future picture. I think it's only fair seems that he went to the effort of making it.

Will we be seeing any new pictures soon?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Well i think he removed it to prevent further drama. I bet if he sees people can behave more mature than he will post more pictures. At least i do hope so, i can understand if he got a bit pissed by the instant-drama team here...
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LawXiu » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:23 pm

Well after his Halloween picture I was wondering if some Christmas ones were coming.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:27 pm

For anyone who played Shenmue past Jan 1st I would love to see pics done with them wearing the new year Kimono's and such we saw in the game.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby LawXiu » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:29 pm

Or rip Santa's model.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby johnnygnct » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi guys!
I'm new to this forum so this is my first post!
First of all shenmue is undoubtedly my favorite game of all time!
I've been reading all these threads about character and scenery ripping. Currently I'm on college and for my final 3d work I'm trying to recreate part of the first shenmue scene (first game). I can model buildings (hazuki house and dojo) and trees without a problem (it just takes some time), but I suck at modelling characters. I've seen the model that dotsona ripped and it's amazing. But I have a problem. I have to work with blender (requirement of my teacher/classes) and I can't import max files! Anyway I don't know how to work with 3ds max. Can anyone convert this to 3ds so I can import it in blender. I know how to rig a character in blender (kinda :p). I just wanted the model (if possible with textures). I really need some help please. And keep up the good work guys ;)!
johnnygnct
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby dotsona » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:28 am

No I am not angry about it or anything, and I will post more models and renders. I plan on doing some Christmas ones soon. I have just been a little busy with college and all. I just want to keep the forum topics in the modding section on topic so other modders and people who are interested can take something away from it, rather than seeing unrelated posts regarding pedophilia. I have no plans on putting the image back up because I do not want it to be misunderstood or taken the wrong way. I do plan on posting more work however, and I am still working with Yazgoo on creating better rips and making the process more streamlined.

On a lighter note, I will be launching a modding site soon, www.shenmuemodder.com that will be a blog relating to Shenmue modding. The site will also contain an archive of all the models we collect and will serve as a hub for distribution. I have also made alot of progress on the new dojo site, however development is taking longer than planned considering how much content is on the current site. So porting it over might take some time. That is the only thing we need to do, the CMS is setup and ready to go.

@Johnnygnct - I will work on getting you a .3ds version and I will post it on the forum. Also welcome to the forums :)
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Mods

Postby johnnygnct » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:53 am

Thank you so much dotsona! I'm getting tight on time right now and that would be a great great help! In fact I have only been messing with blender for least than 2 months and my final work will probably suck since I have just a bit over 1 month to make it (along with so many other works :s). But even if I can't finish it now I would like to continue doing this and in time make new scenes for the saga as I have imagined them. Oh and I will put your name on the credits don't worry :p! Thanks
P.S. I'm starting with the scenery right now. Do you think it would be best to rip it and just mess with it a bit or to make it from scratch?
johnnygnct
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby wude » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:14 pm

i think you must do it from scratches because the quality of textures is low.
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby dotsona » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 pm

I think you could rip the scenes to, the texture quality isn't that bad if you rip from Shenmue 2, I actually have a whole video guide on Shenmue model ripping in the stickies section that shows you step by step how to do it. Perhaps you could check that out.
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby johnnygnct » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:45 pm

I just checked the guide. Really good man. Can I use it with Shenmue 1 too? Because the scene I have to recreate is from shenmue 1. By the way when I use the sound plugin you suggested in nulldc the sound gets all messed up. I tried using another plugin and it worked not perfectly but way better. But I don't need sound for this anyway. I'm gonna try to rip the sceneries and see the results.
johnnygnct
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby dotsona » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Hmm not sure why your sound is not working, make sure you are using the same settings that are shown in the video. You can rip from Shenmue 1 but you will have issues since there is the backface culling issue which has cause problems with ripping. Sometimes you only get half the model
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects