Model Extractor Updates January 23,2010

(Modding and other series related projects)

Postby wude » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:19 pm

ReeceKun wrote:If you rip using Kyo's mass extractor , remove the 'Shen' prefix, uncheck generate random file names and rename the Model to M01.MT5 It will create texture files with exactly 8 characters.

yeah baby , it's working now :)

thanks a lot reecekun ;-)
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby SiZiOUS » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:31 am

Hi there,

It's a really cool tool this MT5 Model Extractor. I made a utility to edit MTx files too (MT5/MT6/MT7 and MTX for the Xbox version). The tool was made to edit embedded textures only (for translating some textures). It's called Models Textures Editor, part of the Shenmue Translation Pack.

Here is two examples of the use of Models Textures Editor (Left: on Xbox, right on nullDC, a Dreamcast emulator):
Image Image

I'm just posting there because I'm currently writing another tool for "general" hacking purpose (not for translation specifics only), called IPAC Browser. This tool can open a Shenmue data file and parse the IPAC section contained inside. The files containing a IPAC section can be some BIN, PKS and PKF files. GZipped files are supported too (because some PKS/PKF/BIN are gzipped).

You can browse inside the files, and import/export entries. PKS/PKF/BIN files are some kind of "zip" files, some of them contains models data (MDP7, MDC7, HRCM...) sections. That's why I'm posting here, maybe you should use it for try to modify datas files.

The tool isn't released yet but it would be very soon.

Here is a capture of the tool (Opened the COLDINIT.PKS file from Shenmue 1), the tool is the window on the screen center (and the right Debug Log window):

Cheers!
SiZiOUS
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby dotsona » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:49 am

^^ Very nice tool!
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Mods

Postby Master Kyodai » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Good work on the texture swapper.

And wow - the IPAC editor is looking great. I hope that editing weather models or even more would be possible. I know LanDC once edited camera paths within the scene which was totally amazing. I have seen much more in the scene files, there are sounds defined in the scene, there are scripted actions, timed events and more. I would love to see more or less of an editor for these.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby wude » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:47 pm

when i load large obj maps to 3ds it crashes, do you know any ather soft that can handle those objs ?
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ReeceKun » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:59 pm

fine'n'dandy wrote:when i load large obj maps to 3ds it crashes, do you know any ather soft that can handle those objs ?

what version of max are you using? I find that 3dsmax 2009 design crashes alot and needs loads of memory, (and I have 4GB of memory and a large pagefile memory allocation) but 3dsmax9 works fine, what model are you trying to open , I could give it a try.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby wude » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:21 pm

i use 3dmax 2009 ,and i crashes when i load a file larger than 2mb, like the one with dobuita textures.
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:10 am

fine'n'dandy wrote:i use 3dmax 2009 ,and i crashes when i load a file larger than 2mb, like the one with dobuita textures.

I cant find any OBJs bigger than 1.8meg which MT5# are you using?
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:36 am

Funny as i had similar problems in vue 6 - when i loaded very large obj files vue crashed. The solution was to turn off openGL scene preview, in wireframe mode vue even imported the largest files fine.

If it's just 1 or 2 files i might be able to convert them for you, i could try shooting them through 3dmax7 or vue and see if i can export them to some other format that doesn't give you crashes (maybe 3ds or so?)
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby wude » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:42 pm

ReeceKun wrote:
fine'n'dandy wrote:i use 3dmax 2009 ,and i crashes when i load a file larger than 2mb, like the one with dobuita textures.

I cant find any OBJs bigger than 1.8meg which MT5# are you using?

Master Kyodai wrote:Funny as i had similar problems in vue 6 - when i loaded very large obj files vue crashed. The solution was to turn off openGL scene preview, in wireframe mode vue even imported the largest files fine.

If it's just 1 or 2 files i might be able to convert them for you, i could try shooting them through 3dmax7 or vue and see if i can export them to some other format that doesn't give you crashes (maybe 3ds or so?)

it's a 2.06mb map , with dobuita textures.

map.mt5
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Ahh dont use rapidshare please. it just always tells me all their lines are busy and i should buy a premium account.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby wude » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:07 pm

edit mode is not working , here is the new link.

map.mt5
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 pm

fine'n'dandy wrote:edit mode is not working , here is the new link.

map.mt5

I opened it in both GLC Player & 3ds max9 with no crashes

GLC-Player

3dsmax9
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby wude » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:30 pm

so , the problem is in my computer :sad:

anyways, that model is real ugly :lol: :lol:
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Yeah definitely looks like this one can not be converted correctly with the current mt5 converter.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects