Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcast

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcas

Postby Gebirgskuchen » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:34 pm

I use 99min (870MB) CD-Rs from Intenso and I'm bruning with an MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ8E2S DVD-Burner from 2014.

I burned it with Disc Juggler. I have no idea why the sound quality still is being so bad.
Gebirgskuchen
Asia Travel Representative

Postby erojas388 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Hey anthony817 please keep me in mind if you do make any more copies of the 99min version. The 80 min just doesnt cut it and I no longer have an xbox to play that version :(.
erojas388
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Anthony817 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:06 am

@erojas388, Got your message. Hope to be able to help you and others out!

@Gebirgskuchen, I use the ones from Dealextreme and they are the banana ones. I never had that problem with the sound but I seem to be able to be getting some soon so I might be able to help you out when I get some discs. I will update this thread when I get them and we might be able to get this ball rolling again.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby Gebirgskuchen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:02 am

Could you tell me which program you are using to burn Shenmue II on your CD-Rs and which exact settings you used within the programm?

In my opinion, if something went wrong during the burning progress the game wouldn't have worked at all. But in my case the game worked, having the bad voice quality. So perhaps I downloaded the wrong version from the internet.

Thanks in advance!
Gebirgskuchen

Postby zaneiken » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:51 am

I got the same robotic voices when I tried out the game with 99min discs.

zaneiken has received a thanks from: Gebirgskuchen
zaneiken
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Anthony817 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:50 pm

Gebirgskuchen wrote: Could you tell me which program you are using to burn Shenmue II on your CD-Rs and which exact settings you used within the programm?

In my opinion, if something went wrong during the burning progress the game wouldn't have worked at all. But in my case the game worked, having the bad voice quality. So perhaps I downloaded the wrong version from the internet.

Thanks in advance!

I was using IMGBurn with Discjuggler plugins and burning with default settings. I just used overburn and it was perfect. At what parts in the game were the metalic voices? I actually do remember now a very few people had this problem. Sorry it had been a few years since I read that. Was it all the time or in certain places?
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gebirgskuchen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:32 pm

Unfortunetaly right at the beginning of the game. :(

Some hours ago I even tried to burn the English Version again. I downloaded the exact version from the link you posted lately. I used ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 plus the Disc Juggler plugin. (I'm using a LG Burner)
The music quality is normal, but all sound effects including the voices are downsampled sounding extremly metallic. So there has to be a mistake with this version, because otherwise the game wouldn't work it all, if there would've been a mistake on my side.

I also played Shenmue I just to have a little comparison concerning the sound quality. Due to the fact that both Games are old, even the sound quality of the first Shenmue is a little raspy, but in no comparison to the metallic voices I get from the English Shenmue II Version I'm getting until today.
Gebirgskuchen

Postby Anthony817 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:50 pm

Well I just ordered a new batch of them and I will update when they arrive here in Texas.

Btw, have you tried just using Discjuggler?

Also, my particular DVD burner is a Samsung Model SH-224BB.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827151256

This thing is unfortunately out of stock and I have no idea how well the other versions burn it. I mean yeah obviously it boots to the game for you, so you would think it just wouldn't boot if there were a burning error, but there are so many factors that go into burning these things, and it just takes a lot of luck finding the right disc's, burner, program and a lot of patience.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gebirgskuchen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Of course there are many factors that can have several effects. But there is no way that any these factors (programs, Bruners, CD-Rs) could influence the sound quality turning from xbox quality into worse quality after burning the image on CD. Either the xbox quality speech files are existent on the image .CDI files or they simply ain't.

Nevertheless I hope you'll offer the 800MB CD-Rs soon again andwill put me right. :)
Gebirgskuchen

Postby Anthony817 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:57 pm

I will let you know how it goes. I am waiting on conformation now of the order. It is still being processed last I checked so they say they will ship out within 7 business days. I did the free shipping so it could take up to 2 months for it to arrive here in Texas.

Btw where exactly are you located? I have shipped these to the UK before so that shouldn't really be a problem.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gebirgskuchen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:55 am

Germany. Shouldn't be a problem.
Gebirgskuchen

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:19 pm

I have plenty of 99Min 870MB Banana CD-Rs. Anyone can Email me if they want to work out a deal on shipping out to you.
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby ryohazuki85 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:50 am

Cockmedia has 99 min Cd-r.Shipping in europe only.
Maybe someone can try them .

http://www.cockmedia.de/product_info.ph ... id=9914723
ryohazuki85
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Vashzaron » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:41 am

By any chance did anyone ever make a version without downsampled audio just for Emulator purposes?

Like I even tried to do this myself. I got as far as checking out the tens of thousands of different files inside the AFS container in disc 1 alone between the Dreamcast and Xbox versions and saw they were referred to differently between versions, that alone was enough to make me give up lol.

So yeah would def appreciate it if anyone has done this could share, or any pointers on how the above was dealt with would be cool. (...It wasn't "manually was it? 8-[ ) I'd share it myself if I could get it working.
Vashzaron
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Chowchilla » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:05 am

Vashzaron wrote: By any chance did anyone ever make a version without downsampled audio just for Emulator purposes?

Like I even tried to do this myself. I got as far as checking out the tens of thousands of different files inside the AFS container in disc 1 alone between the Dreamcast and Xbox versions and saw they were referred to differently between versions, that alone was enough to make me give up lol.

So yeah would def appreciate it if anyone has done this could share, or any pointers on how the above was dealt with would be cool. (...It wasn't "manually was it? 8-[ ) I'd share it myself if I could get it working.

im not sure what version it is but some fella over on an Adam Koralik video posted this https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J8NV5EiFu-J17NbOMsD93le-QRpj4I9zdZTIyZvnlZg/edit

the linked shenmue 2 copy has full ENG voices and each disc is around 1gb so.. maybe its not compressed.

Chowchilla has received 3 thanks from: Anthony817, brad86, Vashzaron
Chowchilla

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects