Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcast

(Modding and other series related projects)

Postby Anthony817 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Actually, I uploaded a Shenmue 1 save converter just for this very reason. Just burn it to a disc and run the Shenmue 1 converter thing and your all good to go.

http://anonym.to/?http://www.megashare.com/1267148

And btw can somebody PLEASE tell me how to upload attachments? I was going to add the custom made covers to the first post.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby StuntmanSnake » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Nice! Another thing that would make this a complete package would be the disc art so we don't have to look at our ugly plain discs that we burned the game on.
Also..is it possible to play this using a VGA box?
And..can I play this on my NTSC Dreamcast without any region modifying tools?
StuntmanSnake
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Yes, this works on any DC and is also VGA compatible. All the old DC games are getting rereleased by the scene with VGA patched into them, and most games that are from 1 region, useualy have a 50 - 60Hrtz selector for Americans and Europeans to both play reigon specific games from other places.

The DC is not dead, and its still seeing underground and indie releases every few months we get something totaly new. ;)

Now lets hope that these guy's here can find a way to get thebest quality voices in the game without sacrificing much.

Edit, I have updated the first post with the CD case covers.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby StuntmanSnake » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.
You guys are amazing!

Yes..I truely hope we can get perfect audio! :D
StuntmanSnake
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Your welcome. ;) Now look, I have just posted ALL covers, Cd images and case inlays. I hope that is enough for you to print the covers and such to make it feel like it's a retail game.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby StuntmanSnake » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Holy!! This is officially the greatest Shenmue 2 package availble.
StuntmanSnake
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Anthony817 wrote:The DC is not dead, and its still seeing underground and indie releases every few months we get something totaly new. ;)

The DC is dead as Michael Jackson. Since many years. It somehow managed to survive quite long in Japan but even there it was buried in 2007.
As much as i still love this machine it's as dead as the C-64 (Which i also still got). Even though some freaks still make stuff for the C-64 or Dreamcast doesn't mean it's still alive. "Dead" in the world of video games does not equal to "The last console ceased working".

I mean it's cool people still release such stuff but i fear the majority of people downloading this doesn't even have a dreamcast. Thank god there's NullDC keeping the spirit alive for another while. Imho SEGA should sell Lindbergh machines as a DC successor, from the platform it would have excellent chances to become as popular (As it's obvious it would be easy to make hoebrew and pirated stuff). But oh well i guess we'll not see SEGA being a console hardware manufacturer again any time soon.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:57 pm

I hear you man, but what I mean is that in the world of Homebrew and indie releases, the Dreamcast is still seeing some life breathed into it. I know that "my Dead" and "your Dead" are 2 different things lol, but I know the system is not being made anymore, thats not what I meant.

I meant to convey that that older games are being released by modders and having VGA versions, and Ntsc - Pal selectors. and then there are the Indi releases...

Take for instance the new game Hypertension that is coming out for the little white box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tERev_ESsPo

Or like the latest new games that have been coming out for it like Dux, Wind and water puzzle battes and the December 09 game that was actually professionally PORTED from the iPhone called Irides: Master of Blocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFY8JxqOk_Y

Maybe the system is not officially supported by SEGA, and thats ok, but it still has been getting new games every year since it's been officialy announced as dead.

The next few games to be released are Mini Ninja, by the developers of Wind and Water.

Tahi - The Arocean War, an online 3D Rpg that is reminescent of Fallout 3 and other post apocalyptic games and a few others, and they will be avaiable in online stores like the others i listed above were. Check it out at their website beow.

http://www.reticonentertainment.org/
Last edited by Anthony817 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby StuntmanSnake » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Maybe the system is not officialy supported by SEGA, and thats ok, but it still has been getting new games every year since it's been officialy announced as dead.

You are so right. Surprisingly, the head moderator here didn't seem to understand that or can't see it that way. :-o
StuntmanSnake
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Great work guys!!! Its good to see "new" Shenmue stuff, and old faces popping in to boot!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:57 am

StuntmanSnake wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Maybe the system is not officialy supported by SEGA, and thats ok, but it still has been getting new games every year since it's been officialy announced as dead.

You are so right. Surprisingly, the head moderator here didn't seem to understand that or can't see it that way. :-o

That's true - i can never see it that way, i try to see it realistic. I think there's nothing wrong with admitting your passion for a dead console, that's why there's still so many Atari2600 fans around. I think one or two homebrew releases a year don't change anything about that. I'm just a bit sad these developments come so late, I mean its cool they make a new OS for DC and crap, but imho they are like 8 years late for that.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby StuntmanSnake » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:
StuntmanSnake wrote:

That's true - i can never see it that way, i try to see it realistic. I think there's nothing wrong with admitting your passion for a dead console, that's why there's still so many Atari2600 fans around. I think one or two homebrew releases a year don't change anything about that. I'm just a bit sad these developments come so late, I mean its cool they make a new OS for DC and crap, but imho they are like 8 years late for that.

Very well. Everyone is entitled to their own view.
Last edited by StuntmanSnake on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StuntmanSnake
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Hmmm..I'm getting an error when I try to start this up. It says "Data Read Error -30 MEMODATA.BIN" every time. It worked the first time and I actually got to play it. The voices are pretty bad but like I said, it's better than nothing. I'll try burning the disc again at the slowest speed..maybe it was a burn error.

What's the news on the perfect voiced version, ReRuss? I'm willing to purchase those huge CD-Rs just to play the masterpiece you're working on.
StuntmanSnake
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Anthony817 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:00 pm

I also would be willing to buy the 99 min cds, if there was a perfect English Speech Shenmue 2, that would be the holy grail of Shenmue 2 modding.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Are the cutscenes supposed to be widescreen (black bars on top and bottom)? Shenmue 1 wasn't like this that's why I'm asking.
Last edited by StuntmanSnake on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StuntmanSnake
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects