My unfinished Shenmue music video.

(Modding and other series related projects)

My unfinished Shenmue music video.

Postby Bambi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:06 pm

TL;DR
I gave up making a Shenmue video, help me pick better music than this.

phpBB [video]

I certainly won't take offence if you hated it. At the very least you get to see Shenmue in HD!

I was making space on my hard drive when I remembered that I had over 100GB of Shenmue footage lying around, I meant to get around to making a Shenmue AMV (GMV I guess?) sometime ago but had gotten side-tracked fairly early on.

I decided to delete the footage for now and render the short amount of video that I edited but ultimately never wanted to complete. I've always found it hard to enjoy Shenmue music videos fully because the accompanied music isn't very suitable or relevent to the game. There have been some good efforts in the past certainly but it's not like there's many albums out there inspired by the stuff in Shenmue.

I put that aside and spent some time watching AMV, two of my favourites (this and this) featured the same song. I decided to use the same track when I started editing but in the end found that what I was producing was just too similar to the source material. It's like I was sort of trapped into doing something the same way or something.

Anyway, I completed more of it but this render features the first 30 seconds that I was reasonably happy with, if you check out the song and have some imagination you'll probably be able to match up what scenes I was going to use in what order - there's a bit in the track with laughing which just screamed out to have a shot of Yuan!

Although all my captured footage is now deleted I will return to this project at some point, in the meantime I'd appreciate suggestions on any music that you've heard that somehow makes you think about Shenmue.
Last edited by Bambi on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: My unfinished Shenmue music video.

Postby Ziming » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Here is my last Shenmue Music video since we are on the subject.

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Andy Hughes » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Nice work! Here's my Shenmue music video with my own original song about Shenmue... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Ov8gYrJ8
Andy Hughes
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: My Guitar ;)

Postby Master Kyodai » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:16 pm

If it doesn't need to be music from Shenmue than how bout this one? Actually my favorite track from AOE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDlRzTgvT-M
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Lyo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:24 am

Hello everyone,

Here's an video clip made by Alex Pilot on the french video games TV channel Gameone :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikbfzJrm ... pWfKEx8%3D

Made in the year 2000 I think !

I liked it before I played the game !
Damien.
Lyo
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: FREE

Postby KiBa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:25 pm

All great work.

How about Queen's Who Wants to Live Forever? That song was released in 1986, same year Shenmue takes place. I can envision a good music video with Shenmue footage that makes sense.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:24 pm

One of the best bands and singers of all time coupled with footage from one of the best games of all time, epic if done right.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Shenmue Master » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Bambi wrote:TL;DR
I gave up making a Shenmue video, help me pick better music than this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENVDb2F-aA[/youtube]
I certainly won't take offence if you hated it. At the very least you get to see Shenmue in HD!

I was making space on my hard drive when I remembered that I had over 100GB of Shenmue footage lying around, I meant to get around to making a Shenmue AMV (GMV I guess?) sometime ago but had gotten side-tracked fairly early on.

I decided to delete the footage for now and render the short amount of video that I edited but ultimately never wanted to complete. I've always found it hard to enjoy Shenmue music videos fully because the accompanied music isn't very suitable or relevent to the game. There have been some good efforts in the past certainly but it's not like there's many albums out there inspired by the stuff in Shenmue.

I put that aside and spent some time watching AMV, two of my favourites (this and this) featured the same song. I decided to use the same track when I started editing but in the end found that what I was producing was just too similar to the source material. It's like I was sort of trapped into doing something the same way or something.

Anyway, I completed more of it but this render features the first 30 seconds that I was reasonably happy with, if you check out the song and have some imagination you'll probably be able to match up what scenes I was going to use in what order - there's a bit in the track with laughing which just screamed out to have a shot of Yuan!

Although all my captured footage is now deleted I will return to this project at some point, in the meantime I'd appreciate suggestions on any music that you've heard that somehow makes you think about Shenmue.

Thought I was gonna see some generic, not very good video, un-synced with the music. But damn, I thought it was amazing, and very impressive. I make videos too, so I can appreciate how much time it takes to make the video and sync it up with the music. I'm sad its only 30 seconds. I'd highly encourage you to finish it, because I'd really like to see it. As far as the creative process goes, I sometimes find myself copying other videos indirectly. While it feels like that, you are still creating something unique. I don't think your copying anyone, because those other videos you showed weren't shenmue. Only thing similar was the song, and they don't own that song. Finish it.
Shenmue Master
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bambi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:50 pm

Playing around with the idea of starting another Shenmue video, some music suggestions would be appreciated as it's something I'm always stuck on.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby NeoShredder » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Bambi wrote: Playing around with the idea of starting another Shenmue video, some music suggestions would be appreciated as it's something I'm always stuck on.

Darude - Sandstorm
    Linkin Park - In The End
    Crush 40 - Open Your Heart
    Metallica- Master of Puppets
    Metallica- St Anger
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Rakim » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:17 pm

Evanescence - My Immortal
OR
System of a Down - Chop Suey

are the only two real choices of music when making an AMV.

Rakim has received a thanks from: Bambi
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bambi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Rakim wrote:System of a Down - Chop Suey

are the only two real choices of music when making an AMV.

phpBB [video]

IwaoHazuki beat me to it. ;-)
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Shenmuedabest » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:12 pm

I've always thought this tune had a certain Shenmue quality to it. Ethereal and soothing.

phpBB [video]
Shenmuedabest
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:21 pm

phpBB [video]
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Moved this to Community Project since it is just that.

Reminds me when I made a Shenmue music many many years ago to a cheesy punk cover of Kung Fu Fighting. It was pretty lame as I only had very little material to work with. Synching parts of the music up to that awesome QTE at the White Dynasty Qr. was fun though.

That short clip was impressive. What kind of colorization and blur effects are that Bambi?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Community Projects