Shenmue Scrolls (Skyrim Mod) Hazuki House HD

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue Scrolls (Skyrim Mod) Hazuki House HD

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:06 am

Main Shenmue Scrolls Thread
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=47379&p=1080991#p1080991

The biggest thing that annoys me is the Interior VS the Exterior, for example;
Ryo's bedroom windows outside are right next to the lounge area room windows, but Inside there is a lot of space inbetween. So Im creating a house where they match up. The house exterior will need extending, but I have a clever plan to make sure that the exterior doesnt seem spacially different.

I respect the fact that the Household is a traditional japanese home (also seems a bit poor considering its location), but it is a health and safety nightmare, theres no window or extractor fan in the Toilet room (I remeber thinking WTF is that when I saw it for the first time) but theres also no sink or face washing facillites. Its possible that there isnt supposed to be a bath or shower, because many areas in japan have sauna/bath houses that people goto. I'd also like to add windows at the end of both halls and possibly one in the TV room/Inesan's room hall bit.

I want to keep the same style textures and turn anything thats supposed to be 3D into 3D objects (I just made a nice extractor fan)
there are also pockets of 'blank space' inside the house that could be filled, could also add attic space.
Last edited by ReeceKun on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

ReeceKun has received a thanks from: wude
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: Hazuki House HD Rebuild - What would you change ?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:06 am

More barrels and crates. No game can have enough barrels and crates.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby BlueMue » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:44 am

Make the kitchen look like it did in the Beta. With the left hand wall open, just like the front one.
I really kinda like this open design where you could've walked through the kitchen on your way to the altar room.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Make at least one room sort of messy? Clinical cleanliness in a house hold kind of annoys me for some reason. xD
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ReeceKun » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:27 am

SpinDash wrote: Make the kitchen look like it did in the Beta. With the left hand wall open, just like the front one.
I really kinda like this open design where you could've walked through the kitchen on your way to the altar room.

No idea what the beta house looks like, but I think you mean sliding doors on both walls. I dont want to alter the inner wall structure, although Inesan's room does have 3 entrances (but Im gonna make a sliding door porch area from that hallway, like the Iowa/Meditation Room hall)

ShenmueTree wrote: Make at least one room sort of messy? Clinical cleanliness in a house hold kind of annoys me for some reason. xD

Get rid of Inesan.. I think shes a bit mad anyway, I watched her polish the air above the TV for ages, I guess she didnt realise that sega saturn was under the TV (or in the bin)
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby DreamcastPast » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:21 pm

ReeceKun wrote: I watched her polish the air above the TV for ages

:lol: :lol: :lol: This sort of thing is what's missing from highly QC'd modern games... love it!!!
DreamcastPast
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby BlueMue » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:35 pm

ReeceKun wrote: I dont want to alter the inner wall structure

Why not? Why limit yourself there? I think this would be a nice change and it's actually true to the game.
Here you can briefly see how it looked during beta status: http://youtu.be/hmq4zHmh5xg?t=6m6s
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ReeceKun » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:42 am

SpinDash wrote:
ReeceKun wrote: I dont want to alter the inner wall structure

Why not? Why limit yourself there? I think this would be a nice change and it's actually true to the game.
Here you can briefly see how it looked during beta status: http://youtu.be/hmq4zHmh5xg?t=6m6s

That actually does look good, and those japanese walls are so thin.. easily knocked down.

ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Community Projects