Shenmue Undub Download Here..

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Undub Download Here..

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:00 am

Drakul wrote: First of all, and foremost, thank you Sm1th and Kogami! So much! 15 years in the making and it can't be understated how awesome this moment is.

I'm downloading both versions, both sizes because F me if I'm going to not archive this and somehow someday there are no more links to these undubs.
i have a Jap DC so hopefully no problem but what's that about Kogami's version and the DC laser?

Kogami`s 99min version is playable but its not optimized properly for a CD-R. It will work but it will cause extra strain on your laser, making it work harder which is not good for your long term DC laser health. The 80min has a bigger issue though with the duplicate-once function combined with the optimization problem. So I would stay away from that and just stick with Kogamis 99min version as that plays better than the 80min, just has the optimization prob. I asked Atreyu187 from ReviveDC to work on the issue, so hopefully it will be done soon. They are the same guys that optimized Smiths release, so it will be a good thing for the wonderful game Kogami made. If you pop in the ReviveDC version and compare it to Kogamis, you will notice a difference in the way the laser works.
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Drakul » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:32 am

GrimMeNaCe wrote:
Drakul wrote: First of all, and foremost, thank you Sm1th and Kogami! So much! 15 years in the making and it can't be understated how awesome this moment is.

I'm downloading both versions, both sizes because F me if I'm going to not archive this and somehow someday there are no more links to these undubs.
i have a Jap DC so hopefully no problem but what's that about Kogami's version and the DC laser?

Kogami`s 99min version is playable but its not optimized properly for a CD-R. It will work but it will cause extra strain on your laser, making it work harder which is not good for your long term DC laser health. The 80min has a bigger issue though with the duplicate-once function combined with the optimization problem. So I would stay away from that and just stick with Kogamis 99min version as that plays better than the 80min, just has the optimization prob. I asked Atreyu187 from ReviveDC to work on the issue, so hopefully it will be done soon. They are the same guys that optimized Smiths release, so it will be a good thing for the wonderful game Kogami made. If you pop in the ReviveDC version and compare it to Kogamis, you will notice a difference in the way the laser works.

Interesting. I'm downloading all versions to cover my bases.
Drakul
Master of the Three Blades

Postby djzach » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 am

Hi! I just recently dusted off my old dreamcast and I'm champing at the bit to do a playthrough of shenmue. I haven't played it since wayyy back when, so It will almost be like playing it for the first time. I am excited.
so....
Is this version comprehensive enough for a "first time" playthrough?
or is it meant mainly for replays by people who are already very familiar with the story?

I don't want to bother with the english voice acting at all, if I don't have to, but I want a complete experience.

any advice would be great!

thanks!
djzach
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby djzach » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:32 pm

nobody has anything to offer on this subject?
djzach
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Giorgio » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:45 pm

The experience is (99.9%) complete. You may want to try kogami's version which is more polished: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46869

Giorgio has received a thanks from: djzach
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby djzach » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:46 pm

thank u thank u
djzach
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Id stay away from burning Kogami's 80 min release. My laser just died while playing it. Probably from over use over the years but whatever.

Only play this on a console if you have GDEMU.

Having a japanese dub isn't worth losing your GDROM laser.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby TailsAndy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:57 am

There were a few points where i had to load up the regular pal version for it to go through certain scenes on disc 2 so it wouldn't crash. The scene where ryo looks at his bank passbook and the scene where jimmy tells him to meet him at the you arcade. The regular edition crashes nullDC a lot less than that undub.
TailsAndy
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Nintendo FC: TailsAndy
Steam: TailsAndy
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: MK8,

Postby wataro » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:55 am

re upload of the sm1th and ReviveDC undub as the isozone RDC has been taken down

http://www.mega.co.nz/#!7VRS3JSa!RtzMTQ ... -DAd1k04Y0

using this to get into disk 2 as the kogami undub seems to have its own problems like disappearing NPC and emulator hangs because of no actors lol
wataro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby sm1th » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:55 pm

wataro wrote: re upload of the sm1th and ReviveDC undub as the isozone RDC has been taken down

using this to get into disk 2 as the kogami undub seems to have its own problems like disappearing NPC and emulator hangs because of no actors lol

Thanks for the re-up.
I hope that comradesnarky can update us soon about the status of the ReviveDC isos.
I still have alot of them that I want to download.
I don't know what all has been lost @ isozone.
sm1th

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am

sm1th wrote:
wataro wrote: re upload of the sm1th and ReviveDC undub as the isozone RDC has been taken down

Thanks for the re-up.
I hope that comradesnarky can update us soon about the status of the ReviveDC isos.

i never managed to download all of the revive dc releases i wanted, so i would very much appreciate it if they were to return to the isozone (or somewhere else).
i would also like to thank smith in his attempts to better optimize kogamis undub for burning. i eagerly await that release. thank you. =D>
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Drakul » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:57 am

johnvivant wrote:
i would also like to thank smith in his attempts to better optimize kogamis undub for burning. i eagerly await that release. thank you. =D>

Agreed. I wish Kogami would drop by more often because I think he's just not seeing the messages. At this point I almost wish sm1th would grab Kogami's text files and do the tweaks himself.
Drakul

Postby comradesnarky » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:09 pm

sm1th wrote:

Thanks for the re-up.

I pulled them for... reasons...

Send me a PM, I wanted to discuss the undub with you.
comradesnarky
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: comradesnarky

Postby sm1th » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:39 pm

Drakul wrote: Agreed. I wish Kogami would drop by more often because I think he's just not seeing the messages. At this point I almost wish sm1th would grab Kogami's text files and do the tweaks himself.

i have been giving kogami advice on his undub version for awhile now.
i could have easily meshed his version with the rdc one and create a complete full undub .cdi and upload it within 4 hours...but, i can't do that. we have to wait for kogami to complete his version. that is the right thing to do.
sm1th

Postby Drakul » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:16 pm

sm1th wrote: i have been giving kogami advice on his undub version for awhile now.
i could have easily meshed his version with the rdc one and create a complete full undub .cdi and upload it within 4 hours...but, i can't do that. we have to wait for kogami to complete his version. that is the right thing to do.

I understand that and at the same time he seems to have lost interest and I thought maybe the announcement of Shenmue III would motivate him to finish it but it doesn't seem so.
I sent him an email to see what he's up to.
Drakul

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects