Shenmue Undub Download Here..

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Undub Download Here..

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Wowzer. Excited to play this! Many thanks for the hard work and keeping the passion alive.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Thanks Man, I've wanted this for SO LONG. Unfortunately, on this crap internet it'd take 99,000 weeks so I'll have to wait to download it.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Izumi Konata » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Sorry, triple post thanks to lag/connection issues.
Last edited by Izumi Konata on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Izumi Konata
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Izumi Konata » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:37 pm

sm1th wrote:Well I tested the .iso on a JP console that I assembled and it boots fine.
I have no way to give the exact manufacture date of the JP motherboard I used.
I also tested on NTSC/U Models 0,1,2 and they all boot the .iso.
Next, I tested on a modded console that I flashed to PAL region and it boots up.

I burned it again on exact the same type/brand CD-R @ the same speed, and it works now! Guess something weird was up with that CD-R I used before, though it appears to be fine (no scratches or w/e). Then again, those are very old CD-R's I found. I only have these left + about 70 99min. CD's. I don't exactly use CD-R often anymore nowadays ;p

Again, thank you for (and ofc everyone else who helped realizing this) your hard work. (*^_^*)

I'm off to enjoy Shenmue the way it should've been now, so if you guy's 'll excuse me I'll take my leave now xD

*EDIT* In anticipation of playing Shenmue 1 & 2 again, I started looking for my Shenmue 2 discs. I found Shenmue 1 (PAL & NTSC-J) and Shenmue 2 (NTSC-J) ((Bought all versions cuz I love Shenmue, and was thinking of doing an undub myself once but never got far as I only replaced files and didn't know how stuff really works ;p)) but not my Shenmue 2 PAL discs T_T (I moved a while back, and apparently didn't put the PAL ver. in the same box as the rest of my genuine DC games.)

Does anyone still have FamilyGuy's FullSpeech editon? Or Shenmue 2 Complete Edition by Xiaopang? I found FamilyGuy's 80min. FullSpeech editon on MF but part 2 of the RAR set for CD2 is missing. I'd prefer the 99min. edition (I ran out of regular CD-R's now after burning Shenmue Undub, I only have 99min. CD-R's now, so might as well use the space if possible...) but the 80min. edition 'd do, too.

I considered just buying a new copy but Shenmue 2 Pal 4 DC sells @ ~50 euro on eBay atm, so I'd prefer to in due time find the copy I already have but I need to go through some boxes 4 that and I just wanna play.

Anyone who can help me out on CD2 of FamilyGuy's Fullspeech (80min.), FamilyGuys Fullspeech 99min. or Xiaopang (80min. or 99min.) ?
Izumi Konata
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby sm1th » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:38 am

It might be a good idea to create a thread here @ shen dojo for each .iso version of Shenmue that has been released?? This way people can goto one place and find the versions that they want to download..
Last edited by sm1th on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sm1th
Master of the Three Blades

Postby sm1th » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Izumi Konata wrote: Anyone who can help me out on CD2 of FamilyGuy's Fullspeech (80min.), FamilyGuys Fullspeech 99min. or Xiaopang (80min. or 99min.) ?

SHEN2 PAL FULL SPEECH 80min: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ljfe1l ... %20Edition
SHEN2 PAL FULL SPEECH 99min: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/zhf7zz ... eII_Full99
Xiaopang's Shenmue versions can be found at http://theisozone.com/
sm1th

Postby johnvivant » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:57 pm

i dont know whether anyone has got round to playing this yet, i have been today and i can confim that there is a lot of audio missing,maybe as much as 40-50%, not so much in the cutscenes but in the free adventure sections. any chance smith that u uploaded an earlier build instead of the latest? i even went and did the sailor section u showed in the video and many of those audios which seemed perfect in your video were not working for me. like tom, the guy fixing his bike and woman outide linda, all had broken speech in that section of my game but in your video were perfect. i really apprecate this project . thank you
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenSun » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:08 pm

johnvivant wrote: i dont know whether anyone has got round to playing this yet, i have been today and i can confim that there is a lot of audio missing,maybe as much as 40-50%, not so much in the cutscenes but in the free adventure sections. any chance smith that u uploaded an earlier build instead of the latest? i even went and did the sailor section u showed in the video and many of those audios which seemed perfect in your video were not working for me. like tom, the guy fixing his bike and woman outide linda, all had broken speech in that section of my game but in your video were perfect. i really apprecate this project . thank you

I had a little go earlier and hes right, there is a ton of audio missing. Any reason why the older versions had more speech?
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Radar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:35 pm

I played until where you searching for Charlie, so there's not only a lot of audio missing but Japanese speech mostly doesn't make any sence, i asked Eri about black car and she started to talk about Charlie, I asked Kurita about Charlie and he answered something about black car(kuroi kuruma) and something about Ajiichi restaraunt and etc :) also sometimes you can hear Ryo sayin' bye in the middle of conversation, when he supposed to say that at the end, why? Thanks anyway. It was nice to hear original dub.
Last edited by Radar on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby kogami » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:38 pm

I am preparing a Perfect Edition that will fit on a CD-R 99, all audio will be present in the disk.

All dialogues will be in the correct order ^^
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby sm1th » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:56 pm

The reason why audio is missing in alot of FREE SPEECH is that those speech files were incompatible between PAL and JAP. The JAP version has tons more audio files in comparison to PAL and the files are differently named. This is as close to an undub with file swapping that you can possibly get. I have absolutely NO interest in working on shenmue1 undub ever again!

My advice to you is... If you want a complete undub then wait for kogami to release a full JP to ENG translation of the subtitles... OR make your own undub version.

:evil:
sm1th

Postby BlueMue » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Glad I haven't downloaded this yet to try it out. I really thought it was more complete and judging from the messages here it was less then expected for everyone.

It seems really the only way is to use the Japanese version of the game and translate every line of the subtitles.
I have done something like that with the intro (with German subtitles) in the past and I know that it's a shit load of work to do this just for the cinematics alone. And the free speech is a much bigger beast then those...
But that would be the right way to make a true undub, where the subtitles actually match the Japanese script and whatnot.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby sm1th » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:20 pm

You don't have to download this version if you don't want to.
Despite all of the negative criticism this took alot of my time to complete.
As I said before wait for kogami's version of a complete JAP to ENG translation.
](*,)
sm1th

Postby kogami » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:23 pm

I am preparing a full version english subtitle. The version with French subtitles happen much later time to translate the English subtitles to the French. CD 1 is finish and CD 2 is 70% complete
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby sm1th » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:28 pm

kogami wrote: I am preparing a full version english subtitle. The version with French subtitles happen much later time to translate the English subtitles to the French. CD 1 is finish and CD 2 is 70% complete

I know you are making a 99min cd-r version..
I can help you get this version on 80min cd-r also if needed.
sm1th

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects