Anyone available to send a copy of Shenmue II Eng 99min DC

(Modding and other series related projects)

Anyone available to send a copy of Shenmue II Eng 99min DC

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:48 am

I bought some of those banana media 99min discs for DX.com and had a really bad experience with them as the discs were faulty and they are the only ones I could find.

I was wondering if anyone could burn me a copy of the 99min version of Shenmue II for pretty much the cost of the 4 discs and the cheapest postage possible.

It would be through Paypal. I am in the UK

Thanks.
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Anyone available to send a copy of Shenmue II Eng 99min

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:10 pm

anyone?
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby The You » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:12 pm

What was the issue with the banana discs? I too was looking to get some for the same reason, but i don't want to if it's not going to pan out. Of course you have to buy a 50 pack and they're pretty pricey. Where you using IMGBurn? I've heard some programs don't support the overburn you need to write it on the disc.

Sorry I can't help much, just looking for some clarification.

The You has received a thanks from: Snoopbob2006
The You
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:40 am

The You wrote: What was the issue with the banana discs? I too was looking to get some for the same reason, but i don't want to if it's not going to pan out. Of course you have to buy a 50 pack and they're pretty pricey. Where you using IMGBurn? I've heard some programs don't support the overburn you need to write it on the disc.

Sorry I can't help much, just looking for some clarification.

I bought some and they all didnt work at all

Tried every burner on every computer I could and programme.

Got in touch with the seller and returned.. Never received any money..

Waste of time.

Rumour has it there is a new batch that work.. I wont be taking the gamble.

If you manage to get them working I could paypal you some cash for the 4 disc set :)
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Yes 99min discs have changed by Banana, they are bad batches so they don`t work anymore. Don`t think you can find anymore other 99min discs.

Just the use the 80min version, hardly a difference. All that was down sampled a bit I think was the free speech and its not even a big deal as you won`t even notice that much of a difference. And also the french, german and spanish files were removed which obviously would have no use to you unless you want the sub titles in one of those languages. 80min is just as good as 99min, barely a reason in my opinion to use the 99min. Don`t think people should get into the whole 99min craze and all worked up about minor differences like that. Also if your 99min game ever stopped working, you wouldn`t be able to re-burn, all CD`s gain scratches and at time stop working.

With 99min CD`s basically being not even available or working you would have a hard time getting a copy again. With 80min, they are VERY common, you can re-burn like crazy if you had a problem. I would just stick to that.
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby The You » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:19 pm

I gave in a couple days ago & bought a batch of the 99s. They haven't came in yet, so i can't really comment on them.

I tried the 80 min version before that & to me the voices were noticeably bad. I've played it before on xbox, so i know the recordings weren't that bad. It was only the free speech, but that speech is one of the main components of the game so i couldn't really ignore it. Maybe after a while i could get used to it.
The You

Return to Community Projects