BlueMue Shenmue videos

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: BlueMue's Shenmue videos

Postby Giorgio » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:16 pm

BlueMue wrote: Short but sweet little extra scene with Ren that is very easy to miss.

phpBB [video]

I've seen Ren waking up like this (stretching legs intensely), but I don't know if it is the same scene. - I like the short "Tsk..." he does at the end, haha.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby BlueMue » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Here's another silly mod. I had the basic idea to this floating around for a couple of weeks now and since James mentioned in his interview that I do mods I thought it was good timing to get this done. Enjoy! :mrgreen:

phpBB [video]

Getting Shenhua in Ryo's place is something new that I've been trying earlier. It's some sort of duplicate model that comes with a couple of bugs. It's the only compatible model to use as the players character so far. I tried other things with partial success but it's really nothing I'd call "showable".

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Supa
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Supa » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:12 am

Nice! So Shenhua is the only other working playable character?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby BlueMue » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:09 am

Yeah, as of right now this version of Shenhua is the only fully usable model to put in Ryo's place.

I was able to pull models out of the packed bundles inside the humans.afs, put them in the models folder and tell the game to load it for the specific map but they come without textures. I think the IPAC tool just doesn't extract the model properly from the PKS/PKF.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:04 am

BlueMue wrote:I was able to pull models out of the packed bundles inside the humans.afs, put them in the models folder and tell the game to load it for the specific map but they come without textures. I think the IPAC tool just doesn't extract the model properly from the PKS/PKF.

HUMANS.AFS has PKF and PKS files. PKF files contain the textures. PKS files contain the 3D models (for Face, Body, Hands et cetera). However, the MODEL folder contains MT7 files. MT7 files contain both the textures and the 3D models. Therefore, (theoretically) you need to create custom MT7 files, which will contain both the textures (from the PKF files) and the 3D models (from the PKS files). If you analyze a MT7 file and see how it handles the data (where it puts what, where the pointers are, what they point to and in what order), maybe it's possible to create a working custom one (out of PKF/PKS files). - This is written here just as an [risky (in terms of validity) to express] idea to probably pursue. [Also written with Shenmue I's data logic in mind, but I believe in that case it's not different from Shenmue II's.]

---
I managed to trigger that scene with Ren waking up. It happens at the start of a new day. There is also a scene before Ryo sleep, where Ryo says to Ren "let's sleep" (or something like that) and Ren lay down to the couch where Ryo usualy sleeps and says "Yeah, worked hard for the day" (or something like that). - This happens while Ryo's objective is to find information about Yuan. - It's funny the case with Ren; he slacks off all day, walking around the fountain and pretends he worked hard to find her. In actuallity, he's playing it smart (always, in all cases) and let Ryo do the hard work. - Furthermore, in the Xbox version, he doesn't do that "Tsk..." sound at the end.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Ah okay, I see. So they split it up. Still the IPAC tool didn't show any exportable textures. It's always just a lone character properties file.

So there is another scene with Ren around that time? Haven't heard of that one. This also happens randomly? I went to bed to get the wakeup scene probably a dozend times and this didn't happen. It seems the two scenes should go along, since it would explain why Ren is laying on the sofa the next day.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:11 pm

BlueMue wrote: Ah okay, I see. So they split it up. Still the IPAC tool didn't show any exportable textures. It's always just a lone character properties file.

You can see the PVRT sections if you open the PKF files with a hex editor. The PKS files: its TEXL section has pointers that point to strings in its section NAME, and from there it points to the corresponding PKF file and looks/search for those strings/names, which relate to PVRT data. [Again, speaking with Shenmue I's data logic in mind.]

BlueMue wrote:So there is another scene with Ren around that time? Haven't heard of that one. This also happens randomly? I went to bed to get the wakeup scene probably a dozend times and this didn't happen. It seems the two scenes should go along, since it would explain why Ren is laying on the sofa the next day.

I don't think it happens randomly. As said this happened while Ryo's objective is to find info about Yuan. It seems you need to not find any info yet, in order for that scene to play. - Ren is walking around the fountain on that day ...pretending that he's working hard to find info about Yuan. - When you go to sleep, then that scene [that I (lightly) described] plays, and the next morning the "Waking up Ren" scene plays.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:20 pm

I'll have to look into this extra stuff with Ren. Can't have enough easy to miss scenes on the channel. :lol:

BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby jimb0d » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Nice work. How awesome is Shenmue? Ridiculous depth.

jimb0d has received a thanks from: Chaikilla
jimb0d
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Chaikilla » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:18 am

Keep it up, BlueMue. I love how you find the most obscure pieces of dialogue, those kind of vids are my favorite and are a huge reason why I'm happy to replay Shenmue over and over again.
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby BlueMue » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:18 pm

More glitching. MilesPrower recommended trying it in this building. Naturally I did that right away.
I'm just Having too much fun breaking the rules and go exploring.

phpBB [video]

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: shengoro86, Supa
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Mon May 04, 2015 6:08 pm

More Shenhua Action!

phpBB [video]

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Esppiral
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Supa » Wed May 06, 2015 6:19 pm

When you went outside of Great View, I felt a huge resemblance to that Tower Of babel tech demo for the DC. Awesome stuff!

Could you use Shenhua to fight Dou Niu, Jianmin, Xiuying, Eileen, or Izumi?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby BlueMue » Thu May 07, 2015 7:20 am

Supa wrote:Could you use Shenhua to fight Dou Niu, Jianmin, Xiuying, Eileen, or Izumi?

Probably. Haven't tried it for fights yet. Might look into this some time.

BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shengoro86 » Thu May 07, 2015 2:37 pm

BlueMue wrote:
Supa wrote:Could you use Shenhua to fight Dou Niu, Jianmin, Xiuying, Eileen, or Izumi?

Probably. Haven't tried it for fights yet. Might look into this some time.

Yup yes you can. Just need to either change the ryo model variable to something else or migrate the model file for Ryo entirely and keep the pointer the same.
With fights though, it can get a bit complicated, as fight scenes are kind of like scenes within scenes from an infrastructure standpoint.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects