Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:22 pm

kogami wrote: I made a new version for the CD-R 99, however I do not yet distributed, I added a dummy.raw for put the data to the nearest circle the CD.

Shenmue is anyway not at all adapted to fit on a CD-R 80, It takes too much data. I'm curious to see what'll give version Atreyu187.

I'm currently playing the first CD Shenmue Undub "CD-R 99" with console Sega Dreamcast, and everything works fine. I regret having proposed a CD-R 80 version...

CD-R 80 version is maybe not perfect, but I've done with my personal knowledge as best I could.

It is difficult to make this version of Shenmue Undub. I spent more than five months to work and your archanement saddens me.

Now I am open to discussion if it improves things, but rather than coming criticized brought me some solutions to the problem that myself I can not solve.

Its ok Kogami, I know you did a great job there is nothing to regret at all! And don`t be sad man because sometimes a person can`t do everything, but what you did is more then enough! You translated the game, fixed the bugs and etc., just the optimization needs fixing. The 99min version does work and you can play it! But it needs better optimization so it won`t strain the laser, these kind of things will help cause issues with your DC laser overtime. The 80min version though is not as good, it does play but not only does it need better optimization, the duplicate-once function used for the 80min is causing some issues. Your five months of work did pay off though, You put out an awesome release! Even Smith had to give his release to ReviveDC to get it better optimized. Nothing wrong with that.

I will keep you updated about Atreyu`s work and everything he lets me know. For now I would recommend your 99min version as it is playable and it does work, it just needs the optimization to be fixed so the laser won`t strain and work so hard. People can tell you a lot of different things but when it comes to Atreyu187 he will not bullsh*t you, when he says your game is not properly optimized, he is telling you the truth. I`m glad you don`t take my comments in a bad way, as I`m only trying to help make a wonderful release by you even better! Everyone needs a little criticism whether bad or good to pin-point an issue. If it wasn`t for my comments we would have never figured out that your 80min release had the duplicate-once problem. These are some of the comments left from Atreyu about your release:

"Laser is definitely working harder on that release because the file order is not optimized. Dreamcast can only read CDR copies at 6x while GD-ROM is read at 12x. This is a firmware limitation so optimization is a must for less wear and tear as CDR's naturally (especially the teal bottom standard type disc) have a much lower reflectivity then pressed disc so the laser is naturally strained more but I don't think the occasional will hurt now and again. This is why I take my time with my work and only post quailty rips. Try my Shenmue upload it runs the best IMO. I have burnt his 99min rip and it makes my system crazy but I kept for archival purposes. Going to upload my CDI repacks soon." - Atreyu187

"Original sort order is shit 99% of the time. It doesn't effect GD-ROm's due to the read speeds being 12x instead of the slow ass 6x of CDR's so we optimize the order by placing files in the order they are accessed which is what was done to my copy of Shenmue as I almost never use the same one as on the gd-rom" - ATREYU187

"For the 80min, I'm sure I can do it but will be a slow process. Probably gonna rip the CDDA track as its just the music on the intro screen which will allow for higher quality audio in the game itself." - Atreyu187

Your biggest problem is that you made your sort order exactly like the original GD-Rom which is incorrect because a DC reads a GD-Rom at 12x speed but reads a CD-R at 6x speed so the sort order needs to be optimized to suit a CD-R. Its best to let Atreyu do the optimization for now Kogami, I promise you if he if he finishes this, YOU WILL SEE A BIG DIFFERENCE between your release and his, trust me. Just pop in ReviveDC's Undub and just see the big difference between that and yours, thats how well your release will be.
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Drakul » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:43 pm

So those 3% untranslated scripts they are just on CD1 or on all 3?
I was going through a few .txt files and it seems mostly a few lines here and there. Someone mentioned they might be duplicate of already translated phrases elsewhere.

Kogami, tu as tjrs besoin des trads pour les 3%? J'ai 2-3 potes qui habitent au Japon qui pourraient m'aider.
PS: oublie le bouffon on dirait un gamin.
Drakul
Master of the Three Blades

Postby kogami » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Ouais il casse les couilles grave avec ces problèmes de CD, sa console dois être tresssssssss fatigué parce que j'ai quand même pris la peine de tester la version CD-R 80 est elle fonctionne assez bien même si il est vrais que le boot plante de temps en temps pour nous faire atterrir sur le menu audio, mais il suffit de relancer le jeu pour qu'il passe.

Façon y'a pas 36 solution pour faire tenir Shenmue sur un simple CD-R 80, j'aurais pus supprimer des audio pour faire entrer le jeu sur 700mb, mais quelle intérêt de faire ca pour une version Undub ? Le but quand même c'est de redécouvrir le jeu avec les voix Japonaise.

Le plus drôle dans l'histoire c'est qu'il me dit que j'ai pas respecter l’ordre des fichier d'origine du GD-R lors de la création de l'iso, puis après dans ces post il me sort le contraire et que c'est pas optimisé parce que j'ai garder l'ordre d'origine du GD-R, wtf O_o.

Pour en revenir oui j'aimerais bien traduire quand même ces 3% de textes resté en japonais pour finaliser le projet car en jouant on tombe quand même sur quelques phrase en japonais.

http://kogami.free.fr/Photo/Shenmue/Scr ... GD-R_1.zip
http://kogami.free.fr/Photo/Shenmue/Scr ... GD-R_2.zip
http://kogami.free.fr/Photo/Shenmue/Scr ... GD-R_3.zip

Si tu a la possibilité de voir avec tes amis.

kogami has received a thanks from: wude
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Drakul » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Donc il y a bien des phrases sur les 3 disques, pas juste sur le 1?

J'ai envoye un mail a un de mes potes qui est globalement bilingue. Au besoin s'il ne peut traduire que Jap-->FR comme je suis bilingue anglais je peux alors faire FR-->ENG.
C'est jamais ideal de faire des double trads mais j'ai des bases de jap donc ca devrait passer bien je pense.
Drakul

Postby kogami » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Oui sur les 3 disques en effet, y a des fichier en doublons sur le disque 2 et 3, du coup faut mieux commencer à traduire le CD 1 puis faire un copié coller sur le disque 2 et 3, je les aient indiqué.

Ce travail servait surtout pour la future traduction en vostfr, il fallait dans un 1er temps remettre les sous-titre anglais à la place des sous-titres japonais, ensuite ces Shendream qui va traduire depuis l'anglais vers le français.

Donc si tu peux traduire du Jap => Fr, c'est encore mieux en faite, ensuite si tu a la possibilité de les traduire en anglais, je ferais une mise à jour.

En faite je me sert de cette version Undub pour faire un gros beta test lol, voir si les outils fonctionne bien, car aucun test n'a vraiment été effectué sur Shenmue 1.

Jusqu'à maintenant personne n'a remonté de plantage à part les problème de temps de chargement et de boot.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:31 pm

Wondering if you will release a GDI or CDI pack?
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby kogami » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:58 pm

.GDI is not possible.
.CDI very little chance because to technical limitations. (Track CDDA not included with .cdi)
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:24 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: Wondering if you will release a GDI or CDI pack?

If Atreyu finishes his work you will get a CDI repack that is also properly optimized.
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby IlDucci » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:10 pm

kogami wrote: .GDI is not possible.
.CDI very little chance because to technical limitations. (Track CDDA not included with .cdi)

If you mean with cdi4dc, nope, you can't. There's two other ways, but I don't know which one is the right one (A is converting the MDF/MDS and B is the burn the first session on a CD-R, then burn the tracks, then burn the second session, then make an image)
IlDucci

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:21 pm

IlDucci wrote:
kogami wrote: .GDI is not possible.

If you mean with cdi4dc, nope, you can't. There's two other ways, but I don't know which one is the right one (A is converting the MDF/MDS and B is the burn the first session on a CD-R, then burn the tracks, then burn the second session, then make an image)

The reason why Kogami can`t make a CDI with the CDDA file is because he is using an automated tool. You have to do it manually. If you look at DCCM`s release of Shenmue they have NOTHING ripped, CDDA is included, FULL Speech is included and the game has been optimized properly for a CD-R. They manually hacked the LBBA to include the CDDA. Its the best version of Shenmue out a long with ReviveDC`s Undub.

Here is a reply from Atreyu187 from DCCM & ReviveDC:

``Cdi isnt possible for him as he used automated tools instead of doing it manually like it should be. I'll work on a 99min first then see what can be done for 80min`` - Atreyu187

Atreyu from ReviveDC & DCCM is working on making Kogami`s release better. Not only will it be optimized the way it should be for a CD-R but it will also be a CDI file with the CDDA included. Because the main problem with Kogami`s release is that he is using a GD-Rom sort order which is good for a GD-Rom but is horrible for a CD-R. A GD-Rom is read by the DC at 12x speed, a CD-R is read by the DC at 6x speed. For this reason you must optimize the sort order for the game to work better with a CD-R. With Kogami`s release you will strain your laser and make it work harder, meaning your laser will weaken 100% faster overtime and the loading will be slower than they way it should be. Its not healthy for your Dreamcast. If you look at DCCM`s Shenmue release, ReviveDC`s Undub release, FamilyGuys Shenmue 2 and etc. they all are using a file order that has been suited for a CD-R not for a GD-Rom.

Atreyu will get this proper version released first with a 99min and then an 80min once everything is done. I will keep everyone updated till then you can use Kogami`s release but it will degrade your laser a lot faster. It`s like the old releases from back in the day by Echelon or Kalisto that weren`t optimized well for a Dreamcast. Nowadays groups like DCCM, DCRes and ReviveDC have kept up to the standards and have been keeping people`s DC`s healthy with properly optimized releases for CD-R`s.
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Drakul » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:53 pm

kogami wrote: Oui sur les 3 disques en effet, y a des fichier en doublons sur le disque 2 et 3, du coup faut mieux commencer à traduire le CD 1 puis faire un copié coller sur le disque 2 et 3, je les aient indiqué.

Ce travail servait surtout pour la future traduction en vostfr, il fallait dans un 1er temps remettre les sous-titre anglais à la place des sous-titres japonais, ensuite ces Shendream qui va traduire depuis l'anglais vers le français.

Donc si tu peux traduire du Jap => Fr, c'est encore mieux en faite, ensuite si tu a la possibilité de les traduire en anglais, je ferais une mise à jour.

En faite je me sert de cette version Undub pour faire un gros beta test lol, voir si les outils fonctionne bien, car aucun test n'a vraiment été effectué sur Shenmue 1.

Jusqu'à maintenant personne n'a remonté de plantage à part les problème de temps de chargement et de boot.

je verrai ce qu'il dit mais en attendant je fais un fichier ou je note tous les docs et toutes les phrases qui ont besoins d'etre traduites pour avoir une reference rapide.

GD1 dans le fichier E1049 (J) la phrase 34 est vide. C'est normal?

J'ai fini de checker et de referencer le GD1 donc ca lui rendra la vie plus facile. Je ferai le 2-3 plus tard.
Drakul

Postby kogami » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:47 am

Oui c'est normal.

There is not 60 solution to make an iso dreamcast, I use mkisofs and mds4dc with the following command
mkisofs -C 0,45000 -V SHENMUE_DISC1 -G IP.BIN -sort sorttxt.txt -joliet -rock -l -o test.iso data
mds4dc -c Shenmue_Undub_Disc1_(CD-R_99).mds test.iso track04.raw track05.raw dummy.raw

After it is just a story of order of file on the disk, I look to see why it has been such a file at the beginning or end of CD.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Himuro » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:37 am

Can I play this in an emulator.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Drakul » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:22 am

Ok mon pote checke le GD1 et en gros (c'est un puriste) il m'a dit que sans le contexte c'est mort pq la phrase peut avoir 4-5 sens.

Je vais demander a un autre pote pour verifier.
Drakul

Postby kogami » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:38 pm

Les phrases sont assez classique, c'est une question, une réponse, moi même j'ai traduis quelques phrases, donne lui le reste des phrases, il peux voir un peu le déroulement des question précédente, sachant que les 1er dialogues correspond au dialogues de Ryo et ensuite ceux du PNJ.

C'est toujours les même phrases qui revienne et c'est pas un monologue, Shenmue n'est pas hyper compliqué à traduire.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects