Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby giom » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks kogami for this undub! It's a huge amount of work and I'm really grateful for it.

@Himuro, I've tried it in nulldc svn r150 and it works (haven't played much yet though but since Shenmue works on nulldc there shouldn't be any issue).

C'est un peu dommage que la moitié du thread soit monopolisé par quelqu'un qui se plaint de ses problèmes de cds alors que tout marche bien... Mais bon on dirait que c'est toujours comme ça avec tous les projets... Je te trouve d'ailleurs très patient.

giom has received a thanks from: wude
giom
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby roludom » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:12 am

Thanks Again Kogami for all this hardwork, and your patience regarding CD burning problems. Just to let you know, I have some troubles too, booting CD2 is actually a real pain for my DC and the game can freeze when I enter some particular docks... as I haven't such troubles with others "optimized releases" i guess there's something those guys could do to make it even better. No offense for your awesome work though, I guess it must be great on emulators. simply some of these old consoles might have some difficulties, that's all. So we might have to tune up our lasers or wait for Atreyu updates... and stop bothering, thanks again again Kogami.

C'est vrai que le gars en question insiste lourdement, mais je ne peux pas laisser tout le monde croire qu'il n'y a qu'un seul boulet avec un problème marginal ou imaginaire... forcément ça reste du caviar pour ceux qui jouent sur émulateurs, mais dans mon cas et malgré avoir suivi toutes tes recommandations, ça galère vraiment sur le CD2 avec ma DreamCast. Maintenant il ne faut pas que ça dégoûte qui que ce soit, ton taf est superbe et rend le jeu vraiment plus immersif et pour ça on te remerciera jamais assez je pense. Keep going!
roludom
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby bishopcruz » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:18 am

Hey, sorry I've been out for a few weeks. Been busy with RL. Kogami did you receive the files for Disc 1? Will hopefully finish Disc 2 in the next few days.
bishopcruz
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby kogami » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Yes :D I received the disk 1 on my box email.

I wait next the translation for disk 2 and 3, and then I would make an update.

I began in played the version CD-R 99 to make sure that everything works well. I met a problem on the disk 2, unfortunately this bug is not repairable.

It is not the fault of the tools of translation, but this scene is not compatible with the voices Japanese because too different from the English scene.

I have make a video capture of the console Dreamcast: (bug has approximately 5min)
http://youtu.be/8V7jO0DNjd8
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby IlDucci » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:16 pm

kogami wrote:I have make a video capture of the console Dreamcast: (bug has approximately 5min)
http://youtu.be/8V7jO0DNjd8

Can you turn it as "Hidden", not as "Private"? That way we can see it.
IlDucci
Master of the Three Blades

Postby kogami » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Private to public.

Sorry.

You can see it now.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby IlDucci » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:16 am

Smells like a subtitle issue (The .SRF file). I think you should use the USA subtitle and forget about the lipsynch. Either that or think on some heavy hacking...

If you got a Resume File saved for emulator, I might be able to help you out.
IlDucci

Postby kogami » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:47 am

This sequence and the beginning of Disc 2.

It is not possible to get back the .SRF of the version (U).

FREE02.AFS => F1040.SRF
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby IlDucci » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:47 am

I just saw why (You changed the HUMANS.AFS as well).

After some basic tests, I think the problem is related to the cutscene that's before the FREE02.AFS dialogue, that is calling incorrectly the audio files. All the other instances of the FREE02.AFS are being called correctly. Still looking.

EDIT: Nailed the fucker. You have to replace SCENE\02\MFSY\MAPINFO.BIN with the Japanese version. WARNING: You're replacing the level code data. You'll have to heavily re-test all characters and scenes that happen in the New Warehouse District.
IlDucci

Postby kogami » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:21 pm

You are brilliant :D

I corrected the bug with your information, I just modified value hexadecimal in the MAPINFO.BIN (E) relative to value of MAPINFO.BIN (J)

MAPINFO Bug Fix

Everything works correctly ingame \:D/
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby IlDucci » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:05 pm

kogami wrote:MAPINFO Bug Fix

Now THAT was brilliant AND surgical. Excellent work. Now you should know how to fix other similar cases.
IlDucci

Postby Cool_Breeze » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Just tried the game and I have to say great work on the translation and lip syncing! Very well done. =D> But I`m afraid to say that the way the game has been put together for a Cdr is not good, my Dreamcast laser struggles a lot with this game. I have some very well conditioned Dreamcasts that work great with every game I have including Smiths Shenmue. Smiths Shenmue works very well, very little laser noise, the game boots up perfectly and there are no issues with the game. With your game Kogami I may even get random times where the laser may skip a certain scene because its struggling so much at reading a game that hasn`t been fixed properly for a Cdr. I went back to Smiths release until this problem can be addressed. I don`t want to risk hurting my DC laser. Its a shame really that a great game like this hasn`t been fixed up right. It was said that the sort order was fixed for a Gdrom but it should be fixed for a Cdr, not a Gdrom. You are not playing this game on a Gdrom, you are playing on a Cdr so sort order should be fixed for a Cdr, not gdrom. Less problems and won`t be messing up laser.

I recommend using Smiths sort order to address this ongoing issue. game is good for emulator but not very good for console im afraid to say. laser will die faster...:sad: Play at your own risk.
Last edited by Cool_Breeze on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Cool_Breeze
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Hazuki_san » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Awesome thanks.
Hazuki_san

Steam: Motokeiru

Postby kogami » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:12 pm

I ended the disk 1 and 2 on my console Dreamcast for the version CD-R 99 and I met no problem during my party game. I see that many people meet problems with the version CD-R 80, in reality I not wished not propose this version.

I didn't have time and the desire of tested this version.

I am going to make a new update of Shenmue Undub to correct the sentences not translated into English and to correct the bug.

But the CD-R 80 version will not be any more proposed in download, I leave the care to other people more competent to realize this version.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Cool_Breeze » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:21 pm

kogami wrote: I ended the disk 1 and 2 on my console Dreamcast for the version CD-R 99 and I met no problem during my party game. I see that many people meet problems with the version CD-R 80, in reality I not wished not propose this version.

I didn't have time and the desire of tested this version.

I am going to make a new update of Shenmue Undub to correct the sentences not translated into English and to correct the bug.

But the CD-R 80 version will not be any more proposed in download, I leave the care to other people more competent to realize this version.

Laser struggling I notice in both the 80min and 99min. I noticed less in game issues in the 99min but it makes the laser work just as hard as the 80min. I have more then one dreamcast and all work very well, I tested both versions on all my Dreamcasts. You may not notice issues in the game itself for the 99min but it is working the laser harder then it should be as your sort order is not well done for both versions. Big difference when you compare smiths shenmue with your 99min or 80min of shenmue. Your sort order is for gdrom, Smiths game is using a sort order for a cdr. I recommend you use Smiths sort order for your 80min and 99min. Its not just about in game issues its also about keeping the laser healthy and not dying faster. Making the game well made for a cdr not gdrom is an ideal thing to do. Focus should not just be for translating and bug issues, focus should also be on making the games better for your console laser.
Cool_Breeze
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects