NullDC 1.0.4 r150 with Shenmue fixes by masterchan777

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: nullDC 1.0.4 r150 with two Shenmue fixes by masterchan77

Postby brad86 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Nice SweetFX setting Ziming.

I have an alternative profile I made if anyone is interested. I made this for use on a large LCD TV. I think the CRT effect actually makes the image look even less like a CRT screen when it's heavily overdone. This is a more subtle change, and really nice looking in action.

My screen resolution is at 1920x1080 for both the PC monitor and TV. The CRT effect will look incorrect if you are running NullDC at a different res. I'm also using x2 Supersampling, but if you struggle to run with it, just enable the FXAA option in the SweetFX.ini, this will do a nice job of sorting the remaining jaggies as I have already tweaked it to have a similar effect as the SSAA.

The images below look weird when not viewed at native scale. Please click for full-size.

SweetFX + profile: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ju0o2z1gu004pe0/SweetFX-1.4-_CRT_SHENMUE.rar

''PLEASE NOTE, I have not tested on an updated version of SweetFX, it might not have the same result.''

brad86 has received 5 thanks from: Anthony817, Giorgio, R3N, shengoro86, ShenmueTree
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shengoro86 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:28 pm

This is great stuff!

Heads up, crashing has been seen on the supplemental release with the custom shenmue background.

I found that the settings are not defaulted and the puru puru plugin caused crashes on my machine. Not related to any driver or isolated issue. I fixed this by normalizing the settings.

EDIT. I just noticed someone brought this up before. Yes deleting the nullDC config fixes this problem.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat May 10, 2014 11:46 am

Can someone compile nulldc1.6 beta to work on win8? Or not possible?
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby masterchan777 » Mon May 12, 2014 4:13 am

ShenmueTree wrote: Can someone compile nulldc1.6 beta to work on win8? Or not possible?

I think you meant nullDC 1.00 beta 1.6 which is a very old build of nullDC, I have that very build running fine on Win 8.1 X64 but it's not nearly as good as the latest nullDC in terms of features, performance, and bug fixes.
masterchan777
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby brucelee » Wed May 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi guys,
New here,
Im trying to use the z buffer D24FS8 but i check the log window and always displays:
"cant use D24FS8, falling back to D24FS8+FPE"

Any ideas?
Thanks
brucelee
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Martin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Thank you for this emulator, Masterchen! I'd say its the best version of nullDC, it definitely runs Shenmue better than another one that I got. Also, both Power Stone games run perfectly.

Martin has received a thanks from: masterchan777
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby lumenate88 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:49 pm

ok so I've downloaded the nulldc linked here since the date is newer I've extracted and installed the visual c++ from the msvc-something-or-other.dll issue I was having but now, I'm getting no notice as to what is wrong with the program and windows 8.1 hates doing anything fun, ](*,) , I have all the bin files as I found a full set in NullDC 1.0.4 r150.7z another older version I found which I'm thinking is the culprit but not to sure...oh and I have tried deleting the cfg file with no luck :-({|=
lumenate88
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: juggalo cykeo
Steam: lumenate88
Currently playing: LOTS

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:16 pm

i get the same issue on windows 7. Still havent figured it out. Might be caused by just downloading a .dll instead of installing the entire library packages.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby lumenate88 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:58 pm

shengoro86 wrote:i get the same issue on windows 7. Still haven't figured it out. Might be caused by just downloading a .dll instead of installing the entire library packages.

well I hope masterchan777 or someone that knows a bit more about emulators then I do can help me out. I'm gonna try to find some newer boot images and see if that fixes my issues. Also I didn't download just the missing .dll when i got that error I downloaded the http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 and it solved that missing .dll issue but still wont start I'm pretty sure it has to do with the bin files that arent from the same build but who knows... #-o
lumenate88
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: juggalo cykeo
Steam: lumenate88
Currently playing: LOTS

Postby Fenix » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:31 pm

Wow. I love Brad's configuration. What a beautiful result.

I use Demul and I have the same configuration as Ziming. If you have Skies of Arcadia, try the config with "cartoon".
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby jjdoom » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:58 pm

Hi, I'm new so firstly, thanks for keeping Shenmue alive with this compile of NullDC and the dojo in general. I've been lurking for a while...

I'm rying to get this version of NullDC to work:
1. I copied the BIOS files from my working version of NullDC into the data file
2. I deleted the config file
3. I updated all .DLL files
4. NullDC boots, no errors
5. But, when I locate the shenmue CDI file and try to boot I get:

Any ideas?

I'm currently trying to finish Shenmue before university term goes back. The glitch-ridden latest version of NullDC has been upsetting, especially the sound and inability to handle transparency of Ryu's hair and sprites... Will this recompile fix those issues? I'm playing on a slow ass Ultra Book so it's less than optimal... (Demul is out I'd assume).
jjdoom
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue, Powerstone,

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:20 am

Is there any newer version than nullDC 1.00 beta 1.6 that would support the stereoscopic plugin? Shenmue is actually so nice in real 3D, but this old nullDC version is a bit...hmmm buggy sometimes.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:36 am

Master Kyodai wrote: Is there any newer version than nullDC 1.00 beta 1.6 that would support the stereoscopic plugin? Shenmue is actually so nice in real 3D, but this old nullDC version is a bit...hmmm buggy sometimes.

Great question.

I would also like to know the answer to this.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Beuj » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make your version of NullDC work with WINE on MacOSX... But unfortunately, it doesn't work at the first try :(
Do you have any idea about the problem ? Knowing that the original version of NullDC works.

Thank you,
Beuj
Beuj
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby legluondunet » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:01 pm

@masterchan777:

Thank you very much, this version is for me one that works best on Linux with Wine, it reduces significantly some very annoying blinking sprites on Shenmu and others Dreamcast games.
Could you tell us where could we consult the modifications you made in NullDC sources?

@Beuj:

Did you erase the config file nullDC.cfg?
Did you install d3dcompiler_43 with winetricks?

legluondunet has received a thanks from: masterchan777
legluondunet
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects