Shenmue Soundscape - Raining at Aida Flourist

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue Soundscape - Raining at Aida Flourist

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 pm

HD Video of something I was testing out. Was trying to see how my Project would work as an adventure game instead of a visual novel. I borrowed YCC's Ryo animation, and hastily tried to put it together in this. Watch in 1080p.

I also created a Nozomi animation and made her disappear!

YCC, if you would like me to remove the video, I'll reupload a version without your art.

phpBB [video]

If you'd like to download the video, you can do so here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzfk11M6fIRbTGxNd1h0OTlnQnc/edit?usp=sharing

It's a webm file so you'll have to play it in a browser or VLC. The original file is 13GB and I don't have time, HDD Space nor bandwidth to upload that.

Thoughts?

ShenmueTree has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, ShenSun
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Shenmue Soundscape - Raining at Aida Flourist

Postby ShenSun » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:21 am

Very nice. It would be cool to have a side scrolling shenmue game.

What happened to project sekai?
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am

I've been having some personal and health issues that have kind of left me uninspired to be honest. A death of a friend in April and a fallout with my former best friend very recently, of whom I was kind of in love with so it hurts twice as much, plus there's the fact that I lost my sense of taste and smell in February and it has really hampered things for me. I still can't taste. There are other heath concerns that I'd not like to discuss openly on a forum also.

Then there's the fact that your game kind of left me amazed and I think it kind of did what I originally set out to do, I don't mean that in any offensive way at all, I just think you did much better than I could even with the animations and special features of project sekai, so I was experimenting to see if I could kind of translate what I was doing into another medium and playing around with Adventure Game Studio and such. xD

Aside from making a different type of game, Adventure Game Studio has a lot of benefits, you can play those games on mac, android, pc, ios, and even PSP. So... it's kind of in between things right now.

Sorry for the long answer.

TL;DR Going through some things but I haven't abandoned it. Doing experimenting.

ShenmueTree has received 2 thanks from: Fenix, ShenSun
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenSun » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:03 pm

Im so sorry to hear of all the problems that you're having man. Me, and the rest of the dojo are always here if you need a helping hand.

I take it you managed to get my game to work? Thanks for the kind words. We still need to do a collaboration project somewhere down the road. Maybe once your adventure game is finished?

Best wishes
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Community Projects