White Tiger (Baihu Theme Remix)

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: White Tiger (Baihu Theme Remix)

Postby Fenix » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:23 am

Yeah, it's a good remix. Well done.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Radar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:28 am

LanDC wrote:
Radar wrote: Cool! I don't know if it will help but, when I played around with Shenmue sound files, I was able to successfully mute/isolate samples through HEX editing of *.snd files. And so, if anyone interested in making remixes and if it will make your job easier, I can help you with this task.

No fucking way, dude. I've thought about trying that before. Is there a certain header you found for the instruments or something? I've heard the program Audio Overload can let you mute samples of DSF files, but I can't seem to figure the program out. It begins to play the track, then just dies.

And again, thanks everybody for the comments. I'm trying to think of my next serious project right now. There's just so many inspirational tracks in Shenmue, I don't know where to start. :mrgreen:

The concept is simple, I use AwaveStudio to listen to sound samples (Most of them in Yamaha ADPCM format, but some, for some reason is simple RAW Wav data) then I cut samples, look at how many bytes each takes, then search for them in original *.SND file. They are actually easy to recognize, each sample usually ends with bunch of 80 blocks. Then when I found location of all samples, I simply fill all sample space with "80" blocks except the one that I need to isolate. After, I just compile them in *.DSF file.

Audio Overload can mute channels, but not samples, and considering how it works it's just pain in the ass. As I understand, at writing stage each note with certain samples trying to fill any free possible space at the moment of 64 channels.
so samples just scattering all over of 64 channel in almost chaotic order, or something like that.. :mrgreen:
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:25 am

Great work as always LanDC!

Jamming out to this on my IPod.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby LanDC » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:05 am

Radar wrote:
LanDC wrote:
Radar wrote: Cool! I don't know if it will help but, when I played around with Shenmue sound files, I was able to successfully mute/isolate samples through HEX editing of *.snd files. And so, if anyone interested in making remixes and if it will make your job easier, I can help you with this task.

No fucking way, dude. I've thought about trying that before. Is there a certain header you found for the instruments or something? I've heard the program Audio Overload can let you mute samples of DSF files, but I can't seem to figure the program out. It begins to play the track, then just dies.

And again, thanks everybody for the comments. I'm trying to think of my next serious project right now. There's just so many inspirational tracks in Shenmue, I don't know where to start. :mrgreen:

The concept is simple, I use AwaveStudio to listen to sound samples (Most of them in Yamaha ADPCM format, but some, for some reason is simple RAW Wav data) then I cut samples, look at how many bytes each takes, then search for them in original *.SND file. They are actually easy to recognize, each sample usually ends with bunch of 80 blocks. Then when I found location of all samples, I simply fill all sample space with "80" blocks except the one that I need to isolate. After, I just compile them in *.DSF file.

Audio Overload can mute channels, but not samples, and considering how it works it's just pain in the ass. As I understand, at writing stage each note with certain samples trying to fill any free possible space at the moment of 64 channels.
so samples just scattering all over of 64 channel in almost chaotic order, or something like that.. :mrgreen:

Awesome. And now I remember the main reason why I never could try this. I can't seem to get these Python scripts to run, to make a DSF of the modded SND. When I try to execute the scripts, it gives me an invalid syntax error. Highly frustrating. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Muting channels definitely isn't the way to go. Pain in the ass indeed.

EDIT: I just found a program made by Master Kyodai (KyoDTPK) that does this for me easily. Big props to Kyodai for this!
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Radar » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:49 am

LanDC wrote:
Awesome. And now I remember the main reason why I never could try this. I can't seem to get these Python scripts to run, to make a DSF of the modded SND. When I try to execute the scripts, it gives me an invalid syntax error. Highly frustrating. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Muting channels definitely isn't the way to go. Pain in the ass indeed.

EDIT: I just found a program made by Master Kyodai (KyoDTPK) that does this for me easily. Big props to Kyodai for this!

Yes, KyoDTPK works OK. But for single files I can just use this line
Code: Select all
dsfdtpk.py AICADRV.bin filename.snd
This works for me.
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Previous

Return to Community Projects