Shenmue, character models, locations etc.

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue, character models, locations etc.

Postby ReeceKun » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:50 am

Esppiral wrote: Thanks reecekun, I managed to make it work, everything is perfectly aligned (take a look at those big boxes)
But blender is the shittiest program I've ever used, I hate it too.Also, no matter what if I use blender I lose all the textures, so it is useless to me, because retexturing everything againt takes longer than manually fixing the geometry. ](*,)
Hoping fot the 3DS max script :oops:

You could use the re-aligned model to use as a guide to manually re-allign the textured one
Personally I dont care about textures because they need updating for my mod, so just knowing this works is great
I PM'd Dusan but it doesnt look like he's posted in a while , you might be better off Emailing him (its in the script)

Id be interested to know if that XYZ thing works well when it comes to combing 2 seperate rips and makes them overlap well. Feel free to rip all maps and combine them , it might be a year before I get to Shenmue 2 :D
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:21 am

Esppiral wrote:But blender is the shittiest program I've ever used, I hate it too.

I share the hatred.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Esppiral » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:06 pm

I tried the script with one very heavy distorted mesh and it stills manage to fix the proportions of everything.

What kind of sorcery is this? xD Well to be honest is a bit tricky to select the correct vertices to make it work properly, but once done the results are worth the time and it is FASTEST and more accurate than anything done manually.

ReeceKun wrote:
You could use the re-aligned model to use as a guide to manually re-allign the textured one
Personally I dont care about textures because they need updating for my mod, so just knowing this works is great
I PM'd Dusan but it doesnt look like he's posted in a while , you might be better off Emailing him (its in the script)

I just want to rip the original meshes with the original textures, so for me it is a problem, does anyone know what should I do to keep them?

Id be interested to know if that XYZ thing works well when it comes to combing 2 seperate rips and makes them overlap well.

They fit perfectly. :D

Feel free to rip all maps and combine them , it might be a year before I get to Shenmue 2 :D

Soon.

Esppiral has received a thanks from: Fenix
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby ReeceKun » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Esppiral wrote: I tried the script with one very heavy distorted mesh and it stills manage to fix the proportions of everything.

They fit perfectly. :D

When it comes to Blender , I'm 99.9% sure it was designed by someone on LSD

I'm not sure how you are losing the textures though
You can either import the 3DR rip into 3DS Max First , then export to obj
oR Export to OBJ directly and open that in Blender
(there might even be a 3DR import plugin for Blender)
Last edited by ReeceKun on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Esppiral » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:10 pm

ReeceKun wrote:

I tried this among many other things, and the result is always the same, no textures. :evil:
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:00 am

Esppiral wrote:
ReeceKun wrote:

I tried this among many other things, and the result is always the same, no textures. :evil:

EDIT:
3D ripper dx seems to fail to update the OBJ with the reference for the materials. The fix is easy

When you get the OBJ rip from 3dRipperDX open the OBJ in a text editor and paste (I just paste it in the first line)and save Notepad++ is a good program

mtllib <frame date number>.mtl

for example
mtllib frame_11.04.2016_09.38.29.mtl
Last edited by ReeceKun on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:30 am

With all this ripping and exporting... does any of it export the animations in a usable format?
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:54 am

This all is amazing. Great work everyone!
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby ReeceKun » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:49 pm

fittersau wrote: With all this ripping and exporting... does any of it export the animations in a usable format?

We can only just get all the models , ripping 'bone and animation' data is a completely different level of exporting. The only realistic way of recreating animations is to take multiple model still frames and use them as a guide to reanimate re-rigged characters (personally I would make remake them from still frame images rather than ripping countless frames of mesh data)

ReeceKun has received a thanks from: fittersau
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:08 am

ReeceKun wrote:
fittersau wrote: With all this ripping and exporting... does any of it export the animations in a usable format?

We can only just get all the models , ripping 'bone and animation' data is a completely different level of exporting. The only realistic way of recreating animations is to take multiple model still frames and use them as a guide to reanimate re-rigged characters (personally I would make remake them from still frame images rather than ripping countless frames of mesh data)

Thanks for the reply, I found a similar response in another thread. Its a shame that data couldn't be extracted.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:46 pm

does anyone have the hazuki residence model? the link in the 2nd page only has images no fbx or obj ?
Ryo_Hazuki--san
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ReeceKun » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:06 pm

I been looking at the Hazuki Residence Model Maps, I knew the Intro map was different from the game map (if you look at the back of the house in the intro there are windows for Ine-san & the TV Room) while looking at the differences between the plants and trees I noticed that the Intro Map Entrance has rounded posts, I was also able to extract the map from the intro AFS file and merge it with the standard garden map , not all of the textures in the garden work yet I think what i really need is a way to repack PKF files alternatively It would be possible to change what models are loaded with the mapinfo.bin if we had a bin decompiler instead of just botching the hex.

Secondly I took a look at the Japanse Dreamcast Game 'Yu Suzuki Game Works Vol. 1'
Yu Suzuki Game Works Vol. 1 is a compilation of five classic arcade games designed by Yu Suzuki: After Burner, Hang-On, OutRun, Power Drift, and Space Harrier. It was packaged with the historical book of the same name. A volume 2 was never released.
This disc was released after Shenmue and contains Identical copys of the shenmue folders for HangOn, Harrier, After Burner & outrun, which means it MIGHT be possible to swap one of these with Power Drift or it might be that they just never got it to work for Shenmue and created a seperate emulation (or perhaps it will show up in Shenmue 3) I tried just copying the power drift files into the HangOn folder which didnt work and each game doesnt have a standard emulation structure , either way its fun to think about.

ReeceKun has received a thanks from: Esppiral
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Upper Dave » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:38 pm

Hey, I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know why a lot of the surfaces are missing when I import the Dobuita map into Unity, for example. Do I need to export it in a different way?
Upper Dave
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Darth Moncalf
Steam: Mooncalfian
Currently playing: DA: Inquisition

Postby ReeceKun » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:49 am

Upper Dave wrote: Hey, I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know why a lot of the surfaces are missing when I import the Dobuita map into Unity, for example. Do I need to export it in a different way?

Assuming you are using the model ripper, Dobuita comes in 24 different parts, from the base landscape, main buildings, background buildings, roads, night windows, day windows, night doors, day doors, snow drifts, trees etc.There are also multiple sources for the Dobuita map, some convert well, some are a twisted mess. Unfortunately its not just a single map.
I spent a week just recombining the Hazuki House Exterior.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ninty3ds » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:26 pm

Just curious does anyone have any portions of Kowloon City available?
Ninty3ds
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects