MJ in Shenmue?

(Modding and other series related projects)

MJ in Shenmue?

Postby JMan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:04 pm

I don’t know if this is even possible as I’m not up to scratch with modding, but can the bike ride to the harbour track be replaced with this perhaps?

phpBB [video]

Maybe the clip of Shenmue hidden in Janet Jackson’s video and the photograph of Yu Suzuki with the singer got me thinking, but I’d really love some of Michael Jackson’s 80's tracks to feature in this game and I'm so gutted that it isn't. I’m basically biased because I am a fan of his music so I suppose the counterargument to this is going to be 'why not use Queen, Judas Priest, the Beatles or basically anything?' and that I'm unfair for enforcing my taste, but its just an idea and I'm using MJ as an example. Also seeing how the Jackson's followed the Sega brand loyalty, contributed a lot to the company, was associated with their mascot's creation and game OSTs and even knew Yu Suzuki I just think it would be a nice homage of sorts to this icon. Also...oh heck screw it I just like the idea.
JMan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: MJ in Shenmue?

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:42 am

As far as I know, we can not import custom tracks into shenmue because I dont think the format has been reverse engineered that far or has been deemed to be impossible.

Never say never though!

The motorcycle track, I wonder if its CDDA, if it is then maybe. As for in game tracks, I think its not possible.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Re: MJ in Shenmue?

Postby ReeceKun » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Should be replaced with 'Speed Demon'

ReeceKun has received a thanks from: JMan
ReeceKun