Shenmue I Mod (video): Guizhang's Mission

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue I Mod (video): Guizhang's Mission

Postby Giorgio » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:06 am

Back in Yokosuka, things have gone crazy... Guizhang is set on a mission to bring justice, and stop once again the dangerous gang that's always lurking to take over the area.

phpBB [video]

Note: This mod has been accomplished through the "Changing Fighting Style" method.

For this video, I used a program called "Aegisub". - It lets you create stylized subs. So, I made them look like the one in Shenmue (but not exactly, it's actually the font of Shenmue II's loading screen, but with colors and shadow, to make it look like Shenmue's text and sub, and match who's talking on the screen).

Then I used another program called VirtualDub. What this program does is to burn the subs in the source file. That means the subs doesn't come as a separate file, but they are burned in directly to the source video file. - The caveat with this is that it exports the video as an AVI file (there are workarounds to make it export as MP4, but they need time to be set).

However, this was not much of problem. I exported it as an AVI (without compression, for the best quality). The funny thing is that it produced an 21GB file... Therefore, then I opened this file with Camstasia Studio and finally produced an MP4 file (YouTube process MP4 files faster).
Last edited by Giorgio on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Giorgio has received 2 thanks from: _StreetSonic_, Kiyuu
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Re: Shenmue I Mod: Guizhang's Mission

Postby Fenix » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:22 pm

LOL I've seen it in LanDC's modding thread. That's amazing. Are you gonna share it?
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Re: Shenmue I Mod: Guizhang's Mission

Postby Giorgio » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:43 pm

Fenix wrote:Are you gonna share it?

I wrote a tutorial. This mod has been accomplished through the "Changing Fighting Style" method.

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Fenix
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Return to Community Projects