Shenmue 1 and 2 HD fan made

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue 1 and 2 HD fan made

Postby Mister Jackson » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:12 am

Hi Shenmu dojo members !

Here is the email that i sent to you admin i think :

"Hi i am Mahrez and i live in France (sorry if my english is not correct) :)

I am a true Shenmue fan who talks a lot with Nocon kid on facebook and we came up with an idea that i truly want to share (since it can help the shenmue community i am sure of it).

I think we fans can develop ourselves Shenmue 1 and 2 HD (or at least a big part of it) and give it to SEGA (since they have the rights) in order to give them a true motivation to release it.

In that case they can earn a lot of money doing almost nothing and we fans can have a nice Shenmue 1 and 2 HD available wich can also help the sells of the future Shenmue 3.

For this project to be completed we need to reunite all the fans of all the shenmue websites who can develop a game and use all the files we have (nocon's and french translation of shenmue master for example).

We will need a korean translator also since nocon can't talk english at all (he can communicate only with google translation)

I write this to you because you are the biggest shenmue website and if we have a true leader who knows the community and contact easily all the others websites i am sure it is possible.

Please tell me what do you think about it and tell me if you can help me to make it.

Let's form a Shenme rescue squad and help Yu Suzuki with all we can ! :)

i ll wait for your answer to inform nocon and i ll try to talk about this idea in your website also."

What do you guys think about this idea? Can we make it?
Mister Jackson
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue 1 and 2 HD fan made

Postby NeoShredder » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:57 pm

http://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III?topic=189.0

You mean this guy who did THOSE videos?

Fair play, shows what Unreal Engine 4 can do for Shenmue 3 :)

Mister Jackson wrote: We will need a korean translator also since nocon can't talk english at all (he can communicate only with google translation)

That's a real shame, he'd have a lot to contribute as a Dojo member I'm sure. Those videos looked amazing, best fan project of its kind that I've ever seen!

I write this to you because you are the biggest shenmue website and if we have a true leader who knows the community and contact easily all the others websites i am sure it is possible.

What do you guys think about this idea? Can we make it?

I can't speak for everybody here but I think while the campaigns in full swing I don't think we can go and develop two HD games at the same time.

But I would ABSOLUTELY suggest a new video to help the kickstarter campaign!! Show people what Shenmue can really look like in Unreal Engine 4!

Pass on my appreciation to the guy :king:
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby johnvivant » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:37 pm

so would this be a full remake or a port? if its just a really nice pc port you might as well keep it within the community, and liaise with the modding community to develop it. there are rumours and suspicions that sega has already developed hd ports of both games but are unwilling or unable to release them, so giving it them could be a waste of time. still it might be worth trying to give it to them, then if nothing happens leak it back to the community.

sounds super interesting though...
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mister Jackson » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Yes it was him who has done those videos and yes we are talking about a remake HD of 1 and 2.

In any case i think it will be good if we have a team from every shenmue website who can help Nocon on his project.

The thing is, i know nothing about programming, modding or for using 3D tools that's why i write this to find someone dedicated enough to carrythis project and make it happen.

If someone thinks he can reunite enough people of here AND ask for the help of other shenmue website (i am not an important person at all for asking anything in the name of the shenmue community) it will be great if not at least i would have tried my best (contacting your admin, posting this and contacting shenmue master) for nocon who seriously needs help for advancing faster since he is alone on board for now.

Once more it is not about taking away sega's rights since every work related to shenmue 1 and 2 is theirs and theirs only.
Mister Jackson
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby shenhaZ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:33 pm

I would like to help but there will be a hell lot of work especially in cinematic area and facial animation of every npc, also crowd ai, fighting system, forklit physics, etc.
this task is not for a small indie team
but I think we can start from something smaller, like remake of darts or lucky hit
if you interested in lucky hit development you can write to me in this thread viewtopic.php?f=37&t=47336
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Postby Mister Jackson » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:48 pm

shenhaZ wrote: I would like to help but there will be a hell lot of work especially in cinematic area and facial animation of every npc, also crowd ai, fighting system, forklit physics, etc.
but I think we can start from something smaller, like remake of darts or lucky hit
if you interested in lucky hit development you can write to me in this thread viewtopic.php?f=37&t=47336

Yes every improvement will be good but i really hope maybe your admin or someone who knows about this matter can carry this project in my place since i know nothing in programming (the first step will be of course to reunite as much people who can help nocon as possible) but thanks a lot for offering your help. I hope if we can start from something that you ll help with all the things you can do (even the smallest things).
Mister Jackson
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:55 am

I never worked with unreal engine, but I guess I am halfway good with scripting and programming. If you have any sources and stuff you wanna add to them then let me know and i can take a look at it.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:44 am

shenhaZ wrote: I would like to help but there will be a hell lot of work especially in cinematic area and facial animation of every npc, also crowd ai, fighting system, forklit physics, etc.

Or prep the remake for a mod for Shenmue.III when it comes out. Uses same engine right?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Return to Community Projects