Demul v0.7 alpha released. (Dreamcast Emulator)

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Demul v0.7 alpha released. (Dreamcast Emulator)

Postby Radar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:15 am

Ceej wrote: This is the error I get when I click 'Run Dreamcast'

It's probably something stupid but I can't find any reference for this error online. Have you guys seen this before?

Extract this https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4zrujkgjrdaqmz/roms.rar?dl=0 in demul root folder, these are BIOS files

BlueMue wrote:The new graphics plugin is not so hot. Framerate is displayed as 30 but it runs chuggy somehow.
And the old DX11 plugin is completely broken, at least for me. No textures! Never seen Shenmue II like this. :lol:

This is very weird :shock: , as Chowchilla said, try to update DirectX and make sure that your card driver doesn't have control over application settings globally. also install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en) if you haven't yet.. and clear "scache" folder in Demul

Radar has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby PILMAN » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:19 am

It's probably something stupid but I can't find any reference for this error online. Have you guys seen this before?

you need the BIOS and you need it in your ROMS folder, unfortunately I cannot provide information where to obtain it.

I have made a video however in regards to my settings.

phpBB [video]

PILMAN has received 3 thanks from: Ceej, Shenmue_Dojo, Snoopbob2006
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shenmue_Dojo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:11 pm

PILMAN wrote:

phpBB [video]

I saw on your video that you have in the Demul root folder a file named SweetFX_Settings. Could you explain how to use it in emulator. I never figured it out.
Shenmue_Dojo
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Chowchilla » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:59 pm

i think you neeed to use SweetFX 2.0 thats always worked for me.

https://bit.ly/ReShadeBeta-0-19-2-SweetFX
Chowchilla

Postby Ceej » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Thanks for the help guys I had feeling that was it. I"ve been using NullDC for a very long time so I have those files. Thanks again!
Ceej
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Ceej » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:24 am

PILMAN wrote:

you need the BIOS and you need it in your ROMS folder, unfortunately I cannot provide information where to obtain it.

phpBB [video]

This was an awesome video...very helpful!
Ceej

Postby Ceej » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:52 am

Well, I actually got it running. Now I just have to troubleshoot why I'm getting missing textures like you see below.

I also get an error about setting up a buffer when I try to set the Max layers higher than 32.

I pretty much perfected my NullDC settings 5 or 6 years ago...I forgot about how much of a pain these things are to setup sometimes. \:D/

*Edit*
The missing textures return when I turn off Disable Auto Sort....but when I do that the performance of the emulator drops to 5 or 6fps...I have a GTX 560 with an AMD quad core processor so I feel like there is maybe something that's causing it besides my system not being able to handle the emulator. Still playing with it rn.
Ceej

Postby brad86 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:19 am

Last edited by brad86 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:54 am

Okay I got the issues fixed now. Copying the scache folder over from the older Demul wasn't a smart idea I guess. Graphics are displayed correctly in the old DX11 plugin. And I got the slighty chuggy framerate fixed too.
I just forgot to turn on Vsnyc. Such tiny mistakes with so easy solutions. :lol:
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bambi » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:10 pm

It's a good emulator, I'm having some issues with the sound, every now and then it sounds like a record that has been slowed down and sped up, I've tried troubleshooting this online to no avail.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby masterchan777 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:55 pm

Demul is a really good Dreamcast emulator, and unlike NullDC it's still being worked on. It requires a more powerful PC to run smoothly at this current stage but it's being optimised and more bugs are being fixed. One of the things you can do to minimise the sound-distortion bug that happens every now and then is to make sure v-sync is unchecked.

The next Demul alpha release will bring a cool Shenmue II fix: After Burner II in Shenmue II will be playable for the first time on a PC emulator, stay tuned.

masterchan777 has received 3 thanks from: brad86, Ceej, Shenmue_Dojo
masterchan777

Postby Jibby » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:19 pm

If anyone is having problems with lag and stuttering making Shenmue I and II unplayable, I managed to completely fix it using these config settings:

Unchecking "Blitter Limit Pix/Sec" was the thing that made a huge difference. The game seems to run ok at higher settings for "Internal Resolution" and "Max Layers" but keeping them low eliminates about 95% of stutters and doesn't seem to have much impact on graphics quality.

Edit: After a bit of tweaking, setting "Internal Resolution" to 2x is probably a good idea as it doesn't seem to affect performance much plus makes the game a little clearer.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShinChuck » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:28 am

For the first time ever, I'm about to dive into computer-upscaled (I've used VGA to HDMI converters before, but...) Shenmue 1 and 2, complete with full English Dreamcast versions and save transferring... and it turns out the new AMD driver, 15.7, has some incompatibilities, and I can't run it in DirectX11 mode with upscaling and FXAA and such.

On the upside, so anyone having the same issue, I saw on the Demul forums that they're aware of it, and a fix it coming with the next update! Our option right now is to either rollback the AMD driver, or just wait for the Demul fix.
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

Postby PILMAN » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:21 am

Shenmue_Dojo wrote:
PILMAN wrote:

phpBB [video]

I saw on your video that you have in the Demul root folder a file named SweetFX_Settings. Could you explain how to use it in emulator. I never figured it out.

Hi, sorry for the lack of reply.

SweetFX just needs to be copied into the same directory with the folders as the emulator executable, the injector will automatically put in the settings once you launch the executable.
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShinChuck » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:37 pm

How important are layers compared to internal resolution? At 1080p, I can run Shenmue II at 60fps, FXAA x2, internal resolution x3 with no stuttering at 32 layers if I'm not doing much in the background, and 16 for sure if I am doing some gaming multitasking. Alternatively, I can do FXAA x2, internal resolution x2 and 64 layers at 60fps.

Thanks!
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects