Demul v0.7 alpha released. (Dreamcast Emulator)

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Demul v0.7 alpha released. (Dreamcast Emulator)

Postby R3N » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:33 am

Radar wrote:
R3N wrote: Max layers 16 causes this graphical glitch in double blow scene.

Have you cleaned your "scache" folder?

I have not but when I changed the max layers to 32 the glitch does not appear at all.
The glitch is caused because after the Yamagishi uses the move a lot of smoke appears and since layers are limited to 16 not all layers appears. I tested multiple times using demul save state.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Radar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:41 am

R3N wrote:
The glitch is caused because after the Yamagishi uses the move a lot of smoke appears and since layers are limited to 16 not all layers appears. I tested multiple times using demul save state.

I see... make sense than.

Radar has received a thanks from: R3N
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby R3N » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Here I did some testing with filters.

Trees look better with FFXAA on but other than trees I have not seen difference. If someone saw improvement in other areas please post screenshots.
FXAA on

FXAA off

Here is Aida Flower shop. With FXAA on the 7 number looks a little blurred
FXAA on

Here the number 7 does not looks blurred.It looks better in my opinion.
FXAA off

Cartoon in my opinion can make a better job than FXAA it can make the game more colorful and bright and affects everything.It makes trees look more colorful and lively.
Cartoon On

Cartoon Off

With Cartoon on coca cola machine looks very nice and bright and tomato signs too. It looks better with more internet resolution.
Cartoon On

Cartoon Off

In my opinion 32 max layers is a most to have perfect emulation without graphical glitches during smoke or dust.
Filters FXAA does not make a huge difference. In my opinion is better to turn it off if it causes slowdowns.Its better to leave the anti-aliasing work to your graphics video card.

Cartoon is a better filter in my opinion. Turned both cartoon and FXAA makes no difference because you will only see Cartoon filter on.

Internal resolution x2 + 32 max layers is all you really need is very beautiful and is going to give you the HD feel.
It really depends on the size of your screen to take advantage of a higher internal resolution.

1x: 640x480.
2x: 1280x960.
3x: 1920x1440.
4x: 2560x1920.
5x: 3200x2400.
6x: 3840x2880.

R3N has received a thanks from: Motooni
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby R3N » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:06 pm

More errors with max layers 16

R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr357 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:35 pm

After rolling back my driver to one that's over a year old, I was able to get the September 23rd build running almost perfectly at the settings I want, but it seems like Demul is locked at 30fps for me. My GPU usage has been fairly low (in fact I tried to lock the core clock at max to fix this), and I don't have Vsync on. Is there any way to force it above 30fps besides using a Hex editor and cheat engine? The framerate lock is happening in both cutscenes and in-game, but the Dreamcast logo animation runs at 60 every time.

Here's my settings

I have a 2700K @ 4.6GHz, 16GB DDR3, and a 290X, so hardware shouldn't be a problem at all. Like I said, my GPU usage has been mostly very low while running Demul; the core clock averages 300-500Mhz instead of the 1000 I want it to be at.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sappharad » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Mr357 wrote:it seems like Demul is locked at 30fps for me. Is there any way to force it above 30fps besides using a Hex editor and cheat engine? The framerate lock is happening in both cutscenes and in-game, but the Dreamcast logo animation runs at 60 every time.

The game runs at 30fps natively, you can't make it go any faster. Esppiral tried to make a 60fps hack for it, but I think the only thing he managed to accomplish was making the game run twice as fast.

If you want 60fps, your best option right now is probably to capture at 30fps then use a program like SVP to interpolate the video so it appears as 60fps.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr357 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Sappharad wrote:
Mr357 wrote:it seems like Demul is locked at 30fps for me. Is there any way to force it above 30fps besides using a Hex editor and cheat engine? The framerate lock is happening in both cutscenes and in-game, but the Dreamcast logo animation runs at 60 every time.

The game runs at 30fps natively, you can't make it go any faster. Esppiral tried to make a 60fps hack for it, but I think the only thing he managed to accomplish was making the game run twice as fast.

If you want 60fps, your best option right now is probably to capture at 30fps then use a program like SVP to interpolate the video so it appears as 60fps.

Yeah, I know now. I had thought so before I made the post, but I saw so many people claiming they had it running at 60.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Radar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:00 am

How do you know it runs at 30fps? I mean, counter in Demul and through other capture software shows that game runs around 60 fps in NTSC and around 50 fps PAL, and records accordingly.
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr357 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:13 am

Radar wrote: How do you know it runs at 30fps? I mean, counter in Demul and through other capture software shows that game runs around 60 fps in NTSC and around 50 fps PAL, and records accordingly.

Are you looking at the "SPD" readout, or "GPU?" The latter is the actual framerate. Shenmue is an old enough game that the framerate directly affects the speed the game runs at, so 60 would be unplayable due to it being too fast.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Radar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:33 am

Mr357 wrote:
Radar wrote: How do you know it runs at 30fps? I mean, counter in Demul and through other capture software shows that game runs around 60 fps in NTSC and around 50 fps PAL, and records accordingly.

Are you looking at the "SPD" readout, or "GPU?" The latter is the actual framerate. Shenmue is an old enough game that the framerate directly affects the speed the game runs at, so 60 would be unplayable due to it being too fast.

oh I undestand now. yes gpu shows 30.
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby thewoodyone » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi - I am new to demul and I have downloaded the latest version in Windows 10 and I am unable to get Internal Resolution or Shader Effects to work, they are both unselectable for me
Can anyone give me some tips to re-enable?
thewoodyone
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Mr357 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:22 pm

thewoodyone wrote: Hi - I am new to demul and I have downloaded the latest version in Windows 10 and I am unable to get Internal Resolution or Shader Effects to work, they are both unselectable for me
Can anyone give me some tips to re-enable?

They're simply not in the latest version. Download the September 23rd build if you want those features.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Sappharad told me that you can still change the resolution with the newest version.
You just have to switch the GPU plugin to DX11old.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Community Projects