Guy selling Shenmue 2 translation mod copies on ebay - HELP!

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Guy selling Shenmue 2 translation mod copies on ebay - H

Postby Anthony817 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Yeah the situation with the PAL DC game cases are just unfortunate. Just like what they did with the huge ass Saturn game cases here in the US. Breaking one was too easy to do. Nigh impossible to find replacements easily locally.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:36 pm

^^ some PAL-EUR long boxes were a bit like that, at least the end result was.
there was two kinds (same dimensions) an outer card label and plastic combo version...that the appendix was the hinge, plain laminated cardboard, and the other that was much more reliable.
closes like a magadrive game case, all plastic as well, aside the game label, that's a dvd cover in size...roughly. (a bit wider of a case by a few millimeters at best.)
of the two complete retails i have for the saturn (i'll hold out for an ODE, and an AR 1-4m ram expansion/external save cartridge) worms is a solid case, and guardian heroes is the original frayed mess.
both games and user manuals in great condition..as the point. :mrgreen:
not found a way to effect repairs on the cardboard long boxes, once they go, the go. :sad:
the solid plastic cases can be improvised using a quality dvd housing, provided the user manual isn't chunky as fuck...
:-k ;-)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Anthony817 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:20 am

Yeah, that is why I love the NTSC cases. They are so easily replaced. My brother recently bought Shenmue 1 again. The game discs and the manual and inlays were all mint. The 4 disc jewel case however was FUBAR. Pretty disgusting to a collector. It had 15 years of scratches on it and the cover had old retail stickers all over it.

I told him to give it to me for a few mins and I worked my magic putting the inlays and replacing it into a brand new case. He loved it a lot. He took the discs up to a local Game Xchange and wanted to get it buffed, the lady did it free for him since she had never seen a better copy of Shenmue.

We both laughed since it was pretty much a bad looking case to begin with. :lol:
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Previous

Return to Community Projects